blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272654 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 2812 2813 [2814] 2815 2816 2817 2818 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6343001 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #42195 on: June 14, 2015, 08:43:36 PM »

I'll explain the tilted pylons to you when I have time.

Village fete for me now. I'm doing the maggot racing and I have to give them a quick rub down before we start.

Please, let's keep this serious Tom. They are not tilted pylons, the trade term is inclined.

Inclined pylons, understand?

If they're hiding from view because they don't want to be seen, wouldn't that make them disinclined pylons?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42196 on: June 14, 2015, 08:45:32 PM »

Kev, Marky & engy - thank you.

engy - was that you who posted on the Flying Dagg thread next door? If so, well done.

Cliffs - We have two regulars next door who are seriously smitten by cancer. It's achingly sad. We also have a blonde who is rather unwell, same problem. (Please don't ask who).

Life can be so cruel. Here I am, living the dream, & meanwhile friends of mine are trying to beat cancer. Strange world.

Slightly related, did you guys know that Warren Buffett & Bill Gates are giving away EVERY CENT of their personal wealth (several hundred billion dollars in aggregate) to good causes, mainly fighting illness? And yet Bill Gates gets called from a pig to a dog by the young angry brigade, because they think Microsoft is evil. They should cut the guy some slack.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #42197 on: June 14, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »

Love blueberry pancakes, not sure I'd have egg and sausages with them though.

Good luck in the PLO8 today, playing HORSE at Binions but perhaps be down to rail later

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42198 on: June 14, 2015, 08:47:52 PM »

Yeah  standard of photographs has improved massively.

As always your reports are excellent , so engaging.

Have a blast today.

Thanks David.

Some of the photos were taken by Gill - I've taught her photography.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #42199 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »

Good luck today mate.

Really great to read through your updates every morning over coffee. Appreciated. Thank you.

Ship It!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42200 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »

When a guy announces himself as table captain, you either have to accept it and not let it affect you or take him down a peg or two.

The second is invariably waaaaaaaaaaay more fun.

You chose option two, but only after you'd failed in option one quite badly. That's too late. You have to spot when you won't be able to - or don't want to try to - put up with their nonsense before it affects you.

What you did is exactly why he's doing what he's doing. It's Being a Donut At the Table 101. You got absolutely hook, line and sinkered. You mustn't break the rules, but there's lots of ways of chopping him down.

Group A: Sarcastic belittling. The childish way, but immasculating him will hit him at his core "identity" level in NLP terms. Call him Spiderman all day. Or Comic Book Guy. Or say "nice hat". Or ask him if he had matching pyjamas. British sense of humour gets you a long way in these parts. Usually free before he notices.

Group B: calming chat. Some folk are just doing it for attention, so give him attention in a better way. Ask him where he's from and ask lots of open questions. He either wants to talk about himself or about the character he portrays at the table. This will tell you which. If it works, he'll have a hard time going from nice guy, chatting about Idaho to officer angry again.

Group C: Intelligence fail. Get him talking and, when he says somethin factually incorrect, don't just put him right, laugh at his awful answer. Say he misreads the score of the baseball on the telly. "Three two Tigers". Easy response "Ha!! How bad's your eyesight, superman? I thought you could see through walls! I'm xxx years old and even I can see it's 5-2!!" Danger there is you're marked and he'll pick on any little slip up you make. It's a high variance play, particularly if you're prepared to double and triple barrel.

Group D: Be British. Take him up on his behaviour. Is it really so hard? "Sir, your behaviour at the table is really quite peturbing. Would you just tone down the coquettishness, please? I doubt I speak just for myself when I say I can't here for a fun game of cards and your constant sniping is running the experience." How often do you think someone says it like that? Usually, it's way past that point and he can return serve with calling the floor for a penalty. Not here. Now, he's the one out of order.

Group E: cocktail. This is the advanced stuff; a mixture of the other categories. "Sir. Would you mind toning it down a little, please? If it were just you and me, I'd probably be ok with it (to be perfectly honest, I find you adorable; you remind me of my nephew who IDOLISES superman; he's got bedsheets, wallpaper, all the figurines; the works. I think I have a photo of him somewhere (pretend look on your phone)...oh maybe not...anyway, he's eight in August - where was I? Oh yes, so I wouldn't mind, but it's supposed to be a friendly game of cards for a few bucks and I can't help feel your efforts to take charge aren't doing anything more than alienating yourself and worsening the experience for everyone. Now, will you stop spouting angry rubbish or should we get you a captain's armband?"

The nut worst thing you can do is let it simmer. You should also be aware of how everyone else is reacting to him. If they're getting frustrated, you should be good enough to exploit that on occasion. But getting this guy off his game is crucial to your experience of the comp, so deal with that. The more people see him as a figure of fun and not a scary dragon, the more fun the day will be.

Nice photos, by the way. Lovely stuff.

I hesitate to critique such an excellent post but wouldn't calling the toolbox Captain America have been better than Spiderman.

At least we all know how to get Tikay's goat next time we are drawn on his table, imagine if he turned up to find eight Supermans waiting for him.

BOOM

See, those are the things I would like to come up with. Captain America, that would have been perfect.

If our paths cross again this trip, & it's likely they will, he's getting some of that.

Good shout, Ralph.

Ahh, Captain effing America I see.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42201 on: June 14, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »

Good luck today mate.

Really great to read through your updates every morning over coffee. Appreciated. Thank you.

Dylan - how are things mate? You are much missed here.

Hope you can come up to the UKPC in August.

Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #42202 on: June 14, 2015, 09:02:03 PM »

Good luck today mate.

Dylan - how are things mate? You are much missed here.

Hope you can come up to the UKPC in August.

Busy but very well thank you mate.

I will indeed be there in August all things being well, not quite Vegas but it will do. It will be great to catch up with you, thewy, ryan, Giblin et al, been too long now.

I hope the lads are keeping you well stocks in lattes and sticky buns.

Looking forward to the morning updates already :-)

Ship It!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42203 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »

I wanted to write up the next Holiday report next, which was Mt Charlston on Tuesday, which ended up as one of the most unforgettable few hours of my entire life, as we saw some amazing wildlife, (seriously, you would never guess in a million years), but I'm out of time, as I need some sleep before today's WSOP thing, so it'll have to wait.

For now, a light lunch, a sleep, & some loin girding.

Where are you now, Captain America?

Click to see full-size image.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #42204 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »

Are you doing sky poker daily vegas blogs this year?  You usually post a link on here for them but have i missed them?  Always a good read.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42205 on: June 14, 2015, 10:12:27 PM »

I wanted to write up the next Holiday report next, which was Mt Charlston on Tuesday, which ended up as one of the most unforgettable few hours of my entire life, as we saw some amazing wildlife, (seriously, you would never guess in a million years), but I'm out of time, as I need some sleep before today's WSOP thing, so it'll have to wait.

For now, a light lunch, a sleep, & some loin girding.

Where are you now, Captain America?

Click to see full-size image.

Well the good thing is he obviously planned that outfit for the duration so there must be every chance that you run into him again soon, personally I can't wait for the next encounter.

It might be good to know that C A' s favourite catchphrase is/was "avengers assemble", I'm sure that'll come in handy in an appropriate spot.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:34:37 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #42206 on: June 14, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »

Good chat yesterday, just realised I owed you some money and clean forgot. Lmk where you're sat today and I'll stop by in a break.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #42207 on: June 14, 2015, 11:20:48 PM »

Good chat yesterday, just realised I owed you some money and clean forgot. Lmk where you're sat today and I'll stop by in a break.

Teeks is Table 381, Seat 6. Amazon Orange Smiley

Well, he will be at 4pm anyway.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #42208 on: June 14, 2015, 11:47:43 PM »

Gl today tikay

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42209 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:26 PM »

Gl today tikay

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 2812 2813 [2814] 2815 2816 2817 2818 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: