blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:03:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tonights Sky Primo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonights Sky Primo  (Read 3274 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »

If you consider every facet of the situation from every angle I think it's reasonable to put the whole thing on the line Smiley

I just don't know what putting the whole thing on the line is??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »

I really do think people should get like a 1 week PHA ban for this kind of stuff.

Huh?Huh?

Serious question, what else do you think you possibly could done in this hand apart from what you did? Apart from run better.

I could have just called and seen the flop and maybe if I hadn't hit I could have taken the veiw ok I'd lost the battle but was at least still in the war.
I have seen the best hand lose alot more than win on there as it goes.

I was taught to get them in ahead, but now there is the theory of slow playing monsters  to maximise your return if you hit, if you don't then get out.

I thought I'd ask those of you who are more experienced and better players  than myself your opinions that's all, now I wish I hadn't bothered.
No need to ban me for a week. I won't ask anything again, point taken. Thanks.

Its a bit of a no brainer which is why you have got the response that you have.

Someone has raised to 600, you have 7 big blinds (1500) and are sitting with ACES ... At this point you should be dancing around the room shouting "LOOK LOOK I HAVE ACES AND THIS MUG HAS RAISED INTO ME, I RUN SO GOOD" then you press the all in button as quick as I get to the front of the queue when the buffet is announced.

Why would you ever flat call 600 from your stack and pass on ANY flop for the last 900 ... seriously, you couldnt have hoped for a better situation than the one you had ... Just out of interest, what is the buy in for the primo ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »

I really do think people should get like a 1 week PHA ban for this kind of stuff.

Huh?Huh?

Serious question, what else do you think you possibly could done in this hand apart from what you did? Apart from run better.

I could have just called and seen the flop and maybe if I hadn't hit I could have taken the veiw ok I'd lost the battle but was at least still in the war.

This just doesn't make any sense..what are you hoping to hit with pocket aces?

I have seen the best hand lose alot more than win on there as it goes.

no you haven't..you just think you have.

I was taught to get them in ahead, but now there is the theory of slow playing monsters  to maximise your return if you hit, if you don't then get out.

You have pocket aces, again..what are you hoping to hit? What flop would you fold on? There is such a thing as slow playing Aces but there is no theory that says "If you don't hit with your aces then you should fold"..really, honestly there isnt.

I thought I'd ask those of you who are more experienced and better players  than myself your opinions that's all, now I wish I hadn't bothered.
No need to ban me for a week. I won't ask anything again, point taken. Thanks.

I think you missed the point completely actually. Take on board what it said here..(and I can't believe I have to say this) but..don't fold Aces!...

You story doesn't ask for a lot of analysis really..you wanted to complain about getting beat with your aces. A lot of people do this and that's why people get techy when they read a story like this. We have all been there, nobody cares.

You can ask anything you want..great!..that's what this PHA board or Learning center is for...but you are not completely new to poker, no? You have played more than once or twice and surely should know that when you have pocket aces..your chips should go in the middle? There is no point acting all offended by the reactions..when you forget about your bad beat, are calm again and think about it you realise you really didn't ask a question.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »

For once i actually dont know what to say
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »

I thought of something.......ban flushy for a couple of weeks for his own good untill this thread drops off of the board.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »

Sky Poker brings you Primo, a tournament with a massive guaranteed prize pool of £25,000!

The Grand interactive Sky Poker Primo Final will take place on the 29th August at 9pm, and will be televised live on TV, Sky channel 865.

How do I enter?

It is easy for you to win a seat to play for a share of the £25,000 guaranteed prize pool.

You can buy-in directly for £55.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 04:41:51 PM »

Sky Poker brings you Primo, a tournament with a massive guaranteed prize pool of £25,000!

The Grand interactive Sky Poker Primo Final will take place on the 29th August at 9pm, and will be televised live on TV, Sky channel 865.

How do I enter?

It is easy for you to win a seat to play for a share of the £25,000 guaranteed prize pool.

You can buy-in directly for £55.

I think this hand has to be from a sattelite..if not..then I blame TK for this thread as he "educates" Sky players Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

Time of post and title suggests it was from the Primo itself.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

Time of post and title suggests it was from the Primo itself.

I am going to play on Sky from now on.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 04:47:13 PM »

Offending post removed, please close the thread.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »

There was a guy on Richard and Judy once who sold everything he owned, house, car, clothing, t.v, kitchen products. Absolutely everything he owned. Then he went to vegas to put it all on red or black. I thought that was kinda crazy, but also quite a rush I expect. This guy put the whole thing on the line. So I don't think the op's question is stupid if that is the situation. I think it would be quite close actually.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 04:52:15 PM »

Blinds were 100/200

UTG raised to 600 everyone folded up to me
I was on the button and had 1540 chips so I went AI
the BB called

UTG had KH KD
I had AC AD
the BB had AS KS

The flop was 7S 4S JC
TURN 10S
RIVER 6C
the BB caught the spade flush

please discuss, I put the whole thing on the line, was I right/wrong?

Sorry Supernova, but as everyone else says, no matter how you word it, or what tourny it is (with the exception of some situations in sats) you never ever think twice about getting your chips in as quick as humanly possible.

Whatever source you read this in, or heard it from, destroy it, or never visit that place again. It's quite simply the worst and craziest advice ever.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »

Sorry to go back to it, but how do you think you missed the J high flop?

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »

There was a guy on Richard and Judy once who sold everything he owned, house, car, clothing, t.v, kitchen products. Absolutely everything he owned. Then he went to vegas to put it all on red or black. I thought that was kinda crazy, but also quite a rush I expect. This guy put the whole thing on the line. So I don't think the op's question is stupid if that is the situation. I think it would be quite close actually.

nice level

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 05:54:30 PM »

Sorry Supernova, but as everyone else says, no matter how you word it, or what tourny it is (with the exception of some situations in sats) you never ever think twice about getting your chips in as quick as humanly possible.

Whatever source you read this in, or heard it from, destroy it, or never visit that place again. It's quite simply the worst and craziest advice ever.

[/quote]

Lol looks like I'm going to have to play elsewhere then because it's happening alot on Sky which is why I asked the question!!

As for hitting the J high flop, well I'd have been surprised if anyone hit, but the 2 spades on the flop turned out to be dangerous. All I'm saying is if I'd have played badly, I may have stayed in. I'm not at all offended by the way, just trying to become a better player and progress.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: