blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Destroyed my Vegas dream....
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destroyed my Vegas dream....  (Read 3845 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

Do you not know what year it is?

It's the year of the call.

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »

The important thing is you were the guy who pushed all-in and villain was forced to call all-in. If you're gonna flip that's the way to go about it.

Yeah, that's what i thought Mantis, but Flushy seems to disagree?

Yeah, well what does that fella know anyway? It's not like he's had any results lately. You absolutely did the right thing. Even if your oppo's 3-bet range does include weaker A's (and that is possible), his 5-bet range doesn't. After sitting there all day to get his stack together he's just not going to 5-bet with A-J after you've 4-bet half your stack. Quite simply nobody who plays poker is going to 4-bet fold in your live tournament situation...so you'd have to conjur some kind of David Copperfield illusion to make villain believe you would. His 5-bet range at this stage is only ever going to be pairs and A-K. But even if villain is kamikaze and you do get your chips in with some 60-40 coup, how's that ever better than taking down 20k uncontested?

Surely people still arent at the stage where they 3 bet with hands to fold??? Its 2009 FFS

I really don't understand this. It surely depends how deep the effective stacks are, which I have tried to look for in this thread somewhere but have missed it. Can someone enlighten me as to how deep we are?

daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »

"I have moved tables with around a 75k stack, well above average, and I'm about second in chips on my table. CL has me covered with about 5k on top..................

IIRC, blinds were around the 500 - 1000 range, with no antes"
gribbo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »

I would have shoved aswell m8 just unlucky tbh, btw how was this tournament I was meant to travel down with a group of guys and play in it, but a few of them pulled out. Heard the structure was meant to be great for a £30 buyin tourny.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »

The important thing is you were the guy who pushed all-in and villain was forced to call all-in. If you're gonna flip that's the way to go about it.

Yeah, well what does that fella know anyway? It's not like he's had any results lately. You absolutely did the right thing. Even if your oppo's 3-bet range does include weaker A's (and that is possible), his 5-bet range doesn't. After sitting there all day to get his stack together he's just not going to 5-bet with A-J after you've 4-bet half your stack. Quite simply nobody who plays poker is going to 4-bet fold in your live tournament situation...so you'd have to conjur some kind of David Copperfield illusion to make villain believe you would. His 5-bet range at this stage is only ever going to be pairs and A-K. But even if villain is kamikaze and you do get your chips in with some 60-40 coup, how's that ever better than taking down 20k uncontested?

Surely people still arent at the stage where they 3 bet with hands to fold??? Its 2009 FFS

I really don't understand this. It surely depends how deep the effective stacks are, which I have tried to look for in this thread somewhere but have missed it. Can someone enlighten me as to how deep we are?

75bb there is deffo scope for a light 5 bet.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 07:29:32 PM »

Are you taking the Mickey  Moo?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 07:34:36 PM »

Are you taking the Mickey  Moo?

I lol'ed...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »

This post put a smile on my face etc etc...

The games are still good guys! Wink

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: