blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 928 929 [930] 931 932 933 934 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13468353 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #13935 on: August 27, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »

Big day for 3G today as he finds out if he is in the Ryder cup team as a wild card pick. Bit of a kick in the ******** to Harrington if he misses out to a Belgian upstart. Not sure 3G would get picked in the foursomes either as he can be erratic.

Watched the Moto GP yesterday. It was one of the best sports events I have seen in years. 2 bikes way ahead of the rest with never more than .4 of a second between them. On the last lap Lorenzo overtook Pedrosa early on , only for Pedrosa to re-overtake on the 2nd to last corner. There was also outstanding commentary from the 2 analysts. It reminded me of Barry Sheene racing against Kenny Roberts in the 80's.
411 on sky Eurosport for British Superbikes and flying over the mountain atm

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »

Course will likely be playing 7,600 yards, which is 400 more than the Belfry.

Sky say 3G hits it an average 316 yards (approximately 300 more than I), so that should come in handy.

Garcia, Poulter, McIlroy all had US cards in recent memory I believe (cue corrections!), so is there a big edge to the Yanks for home field advantage, apart from the boorish crowd?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: August 27, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »

Course will likely be playing 7,600 yards, which is 400 more than the Belfry.

Sky say 3G hits it an average 316 yards (approximately 300 more than I), so that should come in handy.

Garcia, Poulter, McIlroy all had US cards in recent memory I believe (cue corrections!), so is there a big edge to the Yanks for home field advantage, apart from the boorish crowd?

yes Colsaerts was the obvious choice because of the course layout. They seem certain to make the course as long and wide as possible with no meaningful rough making it less of a golf skill test and more of a bomb it and putt event. Think back to the Mahan v Gmac match that decided the last event when Mahan played short game shots on the drivable par 4 and the 16th or 17th that no European player/ world wide player would have played. The one on 14 when he played a kind of flop shot instead of a pitch and run cost him the match after diving the green, so by making it a basic bombers/simple course they are trying to neutralise the skill advantage that the European team have in playing proper golf.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:06:30 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »

With Kaymer playing so badly he should do the decent thing and voluntarily withdraw. Is my addled mind wrong in seeming to remember someone doing that before?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: August 27, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »

With Kaymer playing so badly he should do the decent thing and voluntarily withdraw. Is my addled mind wrong in seeming to remember someone doing that before?

I think Seve talked Miguel Martin into withdrawing from the team one year in the 90's. I think he qualified early and then got injured and was barely fit enough to be in the team but obviously wanted to play. Seve knew him well and asked him to do the right thing so he could pick Ollie instead.

And Kaymer's form and mind have been bad for months so it wouldn't be a huge shock to me if he didn't play tho its a big ask to qualify and then refuse your place in the team. It's not just a playing poorly thing either, he  tried to alter his shot shape last season to give him both a draw and his natural fade but he got himself into such a mess that he has no confidence hitting either of them now. He then did the pro golf thing and after hitting it all over the place for nearly six months he then sacked his caddie ;o)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:28:05 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:47 PM »

I think Seve talked Miguel Martin into withdrawing from the team one year in the 90's. I think he qualified early and then got injured and was barely fit enough to be in the team but obviously wanted to play. Seve knew him well and asked him to do the right thing so he could pick Ollie instead.

And Kaymer's form and mind have been bad for months so it wouldn't be a huge shock to me if he didn't play tho its a big ask to qualify and then refuse your place in the team. It's not just a playing poorly thing either, he  tried to alter his shot shape last season to give him both a draw and his natural fade but he got himself into such a mess that he has no confidence hitting either of them now. He then did the pro golf thing and after hitting it all over the place for nearly six months he then sacked his caddie ;o)

I think the Martin thing was a great deal more acrimonious than that Phil.

I seem to remember that he was threatening to sue Sevvy and the European tour if he wasn't allowed to take his place that he had earned by right and then Sevvy made his famous quote "One little man cannot stop The Ryder Cup".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: August 27, 2012, 02:38:34 PM »

Flushing meadows is under the flight path of La Guardia airport not JFK. The stadium you can see behind is Citi field which is the home of the New York mets baseball side.

The unisphere which you can see in the foreground was built for the World's fair in Queens (wikipedia informs me in 1964).

End nit pick.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:42:41 PM by Longy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: August 27, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »

Flushing meadows is under the flight path of La Guardia airport not JFK.

End nit pick.

Nit pick accepted happily.

I don't much enjoy watching tennis, and it just happens that my only memory of watching tennis from Flushing Meadows was the repeated and loud sound of aircraft passing over.

I just took a flyer......with JFK, no idea if it was that, Le Guardia, or Newark.

Now I know, I can watch it a tad happier, and with FlightRadar24 fired up, so I will know exactly what flight it is.

And you thought Tighty and Mere were geeky......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: August 27, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »

And I now know where the Mets play. Excellent. Next time Singheee appears, I can impress him with my baseball knowledge.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »

Forest Green at Kidderminster good Bet at 2.47 , Forest Green spent a lot on team , and Kidderminster had poor start to conference Campaign !!

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure one of the Sky Sports guys (possibly Robert Rock) said Sandy Lyle pulled out of the Ryder Cup team in the late 80s
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: August 27, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »

Sandy Lyle was the one I seem to remember and google has confirmed it as 1989.

Good news on next weeks golf Mr Tikay as Dr Noh gets to play against the same 3 other Koreans. I wonder if we will get a price to be able to back him again ?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: August 27, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »

Sandy Lyle was the one I seem to remember and google has confirmed it as 1989.

Good news on next weeks golf Mr Tikay as Dr Noh gets to play against the same 3 other Koreans. I wonder if we will get a price to be able to back him again ?

Yes, keep this up and you could make a Korea out of it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: August 27, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »

Forest Green at Kidderminster good Bet at 2.47 , Forest Green spent a lot on team , and Kidderminster had poor start to conference Campaign !!

Seeing they went down to 10 Men after 34 Mins i was pleased to get a result here , Sorry i placed it up here late , but i did say i would post some of my Lower League Bets on here this season , so i will try earlier in future as i forgot to put this up untill 10 mins before kick off , i hope some of you got on !!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: August 27, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »

In light of the Scottish Cup draw, does anyone have any views on the Civil Service Strollers v Tuffiff United match?

Is there a market on "most hilarious name" because I think we have a winner. Unless that is the people who decided what constitutes a ridiculous name for a golfer are arbiters. In that case, it will be Dundee United.

Pages: 1 ... 926 927 928 929 [930] 931 932 933 934 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: