blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:04:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  THE Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2014
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2014  (Read 42906 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2014, 10:23:29 AM »

One of those Entrants who finished plum last, & so scooped £20.60, has kindly donated his winnings to the "keep blonde running fund". I have now received this cash in my Bank Account.

That is very thoughtful, & much appreciated.

Effectively, that would go into my pocket, as an offset against the £225 monthly costs of the site server "Host".

It seems a little uncomfortable to accept that. If you'd managed £225, that might be another matter of course.....Wink

I'll therefore donate the £20.60 to EITHER the next Tipping Comp that Mere runs, OR any Community competition on blonde, as & when.

Remind me please, or I'll forget. I will. 

Very honourable from whoever sent that to you Tikay, as such I think you should do the honourable thing (no offence intended) and keep the money for the purpose it was sent to you for. Someone has made a donation for a specific reason, why should you feel uncomfortable about it? (Rhetorical really as I suppose most people would) however the intention is to help keep blonde running not to put it back into a tipping comp for someone else to win. If running blonde costs you money then you should accept all the donations you can. Blonde is a great place and if people want to help you should let them.

Yes, I take the point, but it just feels a bit "off" pocketing the money. There is  no formal "fund" or Account I can put it into, & so no accountability.

So why not set a fund up and when people have a good touch as a result of being a blonde member they can make a financial contribution. I contribute very little in terms of material but would be willing to make a donation every now and again for the excellent service Blonde provides. Mere , get the spreadsheet ready.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:25 AM »

Lovely gesture from whoever it was. Put it towards next month's bill as instructed. You're currently holding it on trust, so follow the instruction.

I can confirm that the donor was NOT Eso Kral.

It could not be, as he did not win anything. Mid-Table Man, him, Mr Mediocre.
Haha that as I am sure you realise Pops is because I was the "Pure bubble boy" as opposed to virtually bubbling like your goodself Wink

Bring on the next one....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
HITMANRV

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »

VWP Vince, Great entertainment!!

Good Fun Al, hope to meet a few of you about on Here!! GLGL!!

great Gesture on The Prizes too!!

...A Nice Introduction to Blonde for me, if EVER I win any money, at anything, I will contribuite as well.........
...don't hold ya breath tho!!

The Hitman
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2014, 06:04:17 PM »

Well Done BookieBasher!

I don't like the wooden spoon prize if I am honest, but it won't stop me entering next time around! However, I do think that those who do not send selections, shouldn't be given random selections and instead their selection should be void for that day like the LMS competition, think it would be unfair if someone scoops the lot by total randomness of the VinceMachine!!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 02, 2014, 07:54:13 AM »

One of those Entrants who finished plum last, & so scooped £20.60, has kindly donated his winnings to the "keep blonde running fund". I have now received this cash in my Bank Account.

That is very thoughtful, & much appreciated.

Effectively, that would go into my pocket, as an offset against the £225 monthly costs of the site server "Host".

It seems a little uncomfortable to accept that. If you'd managed £225, that might be another matter of course.....Wink

I'll therefore donate the £20.60 to EITHER the next Tipping Comp that Mere runs, OR any Community competition on blonde, as & when.

Remind me please, or I'll forget. I will. 

Very honourable from whoever sent that to you Tikay, as such I think you should do the honourable thing (no offence intended) and keep the money for the purpose it was sent to you for. Someone has made a donation for a specific reason, why should you feel uncomfortable about it? (Rhetorical really as I suppose most people would) however the intention is to help keep blonde running not to put it back into a tipping comp for someone else to win. If running blonde costs you money then you should accept all the donations you can. Blonde is a great place and if people want to help you should let them.

Yes, I take the point, but it just feels a bit "off" pocketing the money. There is  no formal "fund" or Account I can put it into, & so no accountability.

So why not set a fund up and when people have a good touch as a result of being a blonde member they can make a financial contribution. I contribute very little in terms of material but would be willing to make a donation every now and again for the excellent service Blonde provides. Mere , get the spreadsheet ready.

Just as a Postscript to this.

The anon donor, who donated his winnings of £20.60, wrote to me again on March 17th, & to my embarrassment, I failed to reply until this morning, due to work overload/memory iissues. (Delete as applicable).   

Anyway, the long & short is that he really wants to assist blonde, & on reflection, perhaps it was a little churlish or ungrateful of me not to accept it.

So, the £20.60 has been accepted as a gift, & I'm extremely touched.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 02, 2014, 07:55:56 AM »

Note, by the way, that Dear/Pedantic/Grumpy Mere will be organising, as promised, a Masters Tipping Comp.

Details VERY soon. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »

Note, by the way, that Dear/Pedantic/Grumpy Mere will be organising, as promised, a Masters Tipping Comp.

Details VERY soon. 

Will it have enough options for those of us who don't know one end of a golf bat from t'other? Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: