blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272692 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8105 8106 8107 8108 [8109] 8110 8111 8112 8113 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13513222 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #121620 on: September 17, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »

The World Cup of Hockey kicks off this evening, an interesting tournament format featuring the traditional powers (Canada, Russia, Sweden, USA, Finland, Czech Republic) and a couple of gimmicky teams in the form of Team Europe made up of the best from outside the nations that have their own teams in the tournament and Team North America which is an Under 24s team just like football at the olympics.

Canada are heavy favourites and rightly so at around even money but I think that Team USA offer some value at 13/2 with SB

Team USA are in a group with Canada, Czech Republic and Team Europe. The top two qualify and Europe and the Czechs are the tournament rags at 30/1+ so would be a big shock not to make the semi final.

The second group is wide open with Russia, Finland, Sweden and North America. USA will be favourites over any of those teams in the semi final and then its a best-of-3 game final most likely against Canada.

I think that most of them have this right at around the 11/2-6/1 mark but SBs 13/2 offers some value. Betfair makes it 6.8 in a thin-ish market (£5k matched) so I'm happy to take it

Rec £50 @ 13/2 Team USA to win the World Cup of Hockey with SB

http://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hockey/international/world-cup/winner

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121621 on: September 17, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »

Scottish football.

Liam Bryce has more shots on goal, shots on target and goals than any player in the SPFL so far this season, today his team Ross County are away at Rangers whose central defence is desperately slow, have conceded in every league game and shipped 5 to Celtic last week.
Senderos is suspended, Keirnan is injured so likely centre backs will be Clint Hill and Danny Wilson, it's difficult to tell which pairing is worse.

Rangers still get priced up as though they are a good team, they aren't.

Recommend £25 @ 13/5 with Lads Liam Boyce to score anytime, anything over 9/4 is fine.

For those that can PP have him at 19/1 to score 2 or more.

thank you

but i can't do ladbrokes, and tikay is not around to do it live

anywhere else?

Sorry Rich, been AWOL all morning. Walked past Ladbrokes twice, too. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121622 on: September 17, 2016, 02:38:58 PM »

The World Cup of Hockey kicks off this evening, an interesting tournament format featuring the traditional powers (Canada, Russia, Sweden, USA, Finland, Czech Republic) and a couple of gimmicky teams in the form of Team Europe made up of the best from outside the nations that have their own teams in the tournament and Team North America which is an Under 24s team just like football at the olympics.

Canada are heavy favourites and rightly so at around even money but I think that Team USA offer some value at 13/2 with SB

Team USA are in a group with Canada, Czech Republic and Team Europe. The top two qualify and Europe and the Czechs are the tournament rags at 30/1+ so would be a big shock not to make the semi final.

The second group is wide open with Russia, Finland, Sweden and North America. USA will be favourites over any of those teams in the semi final and then its a best-of-3 game final most likely against Canada.

I think that most of them have this right at around the 11/2-6/1 mark but SBs 13/2 offers some value. Betfair makes it 6.8 in a thin-ish market (£5k matched) so I'm happy to take the 13/2

Rec £50 @ 13/2 Team USA to win the World Cup of Hockey with SB

http://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hockey/international/world-cup/winner

Thanks Dan, & I hope we do that - not sure I can ever recall Fred having a Hockey bet before.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #121623 on: September 17, 2016, 02:42:34 PM »

Kevin Magnussen Singapore Grand Prix To Reach Qualifying Session Three
£5.00 @ 30.00
Total Stake: £5.00
Potential Returns: £150.00

Blimey, it has gone from 29/1 to 13/1 ..

It always amazes me how much faith you guys show, I'm flattered, thank you Smiley

WOW

To win at poker is to not have to play
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #121624 on: September 17, 2016, 02:43:12 PM »

Newcastle v Wolves

Newcastle -1, 12-5 (Victor) & 11-5 (Betway). I think the price looks incred considering the two teams. Suggest £150

The best i can see (we can't use Betway or Betstars) is 13/8 ish

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/newcastle-v-wolves/handicaps

assume that's no bet?

Another way to play this would be to dutch Newcastle winning 2-0 (around 8-1), and Newcastle to score over 2.5 (16-5 with Coralol), which comes out at around a 2-1 shot. Then we also bink if Newcastle score 3 or more and Wolves run them close in a high-scorer, so it might even be a better option.

What do we know that the market doesn't though? Other than that the Geordies are a bit deece and whooped QPR's butt?

I've just browsed OC & still plenty of 12/5 and near available with others. It's available with Coral too.

I think what we know about Newcastle is that they are starting to come good, not only hammered QPR, but was very comfortable against Derby too. But what about Wolves? They aren't looking great and shipped a few themselves against Barnsley. Can only see another comfortable result for Newcastle

Bwin are the only ones 12/5 on my OC, so went to do it there.

Was restricted, but Fred can have £30 if it wants.

suppose so as you've done it.

definitely not 12/5 anywhere, oddschecker for this game has been confusing as noted above.

Yeah, that 12/5 was for the game on 20/9, so don't worry about it.

I'll take that myself, so don't put it down to Fred, and I'll steer Aaron wrong next time he wants a trip to Vegas Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121625 on: September 17, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »

Bet Type: Single
            World Cup Winner World Cup Winner 2016
                USA 13/2
        Possible Payout (inc. stake) 375.00 GBP
    1 bet @
    50.00 GBP

Total Cost: 50.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 375.00 GBP

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121626 on: September 17, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »

Newcastle v Wolves

Newcastle -1, 12-5 (Victor) & 11-5 (Betway). I think the price looks incred considering the two teams. Suggest £150

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/newcastle-v-wolves/handicaps

assume that's no bet?

Another way to play this would be to dutch Newcastle winning 2-0 (around 8-1), and Newcastle to score over 2.5 (16-5 with Coralol), which comes out at around a 2-1 shot. Then we also bink if Newcastle score 3 or more and Wolves run them close in a high-scorer, so it might even be a better option.

What do we know that the market doesn't though? Other than that the Geordies are a bit deece and whooped QPR's butt?

I've just browsed OC & still plenty of 12/5 and near available with others. It's available with Coral too.

I think what we know about Newcastle is that they are starting to come good, not only hammered QPR, but was very comfortable against Derby too. But what about Wolves? They aren't looking great and shipped a few themselves against Barnsley. Can only see another comfortable result for Newcastle

definitely not 12/5 anywhere, oddschecker for this game has been confusing as noted above.

I'll take that myself, so don't put it down to Fred, and I'll steer Aaron wrong next time he wants a trip to Vegas Wink

That's very kind of you Marky, but I can't accept that, it's too unfair.

I'll take the bet personally, off thread - so add it to my tab please. 

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #121627 on: September 17, 2016, 02:52:24 PM »

gl us, USA vs Europe is the tournament opener at 7.30pm on ESPN2

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #121628 on: September 17, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »

Back SDS and Crowley blind for the next month and you'll make a profit, no doubt about that. Both agents are doing an incred job. Dead-heat would suit us fine.

Bit of 9-4 SDS at the moment, off the back of Crowley riding the first two winners at Newbury, and that's an over-reaction. SDS could get a hatful at Catterick today. He's the nuts round courses like this.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #121629 on: September 17, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »

Newcastle v Wolves

assume that's no bet?

Don't be daft, I should have been paying attention.

Honestly, it's fine.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121630 on: September 17, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »

Newcastle v Wolves

assume that's no bet?

Don't be daft, I should have been paying attention.

Honestly, it's fine.

You were trying to help us, you should not be disadvantaged.

To save arguing, as you are a stubborn bugger, we will go 50-50 on the bet. (Off thread).

GL us on Tuesday.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #121631 on: September 17, 2016, 03:17:02 PM »

George Moncur to score any time v t'Blades, 9-2 with the green clowns for those that can.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #121632 on: September 17, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »

You were trying to help us, you should not be disadvantaged.

To save arguing, as you are a stubborn bugger, we will go 50-50 on the bet. (Off thread).

GL us on Tuesday.

Haha, ok.

GL us.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #121633 on: September 17, 2016, 03:20:18 PM »

FML - Sorry. Looks like OC have had us, Victor won't let me void either & Newcastle really have bad history in that cup. Sorry boys.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121634 on: September 17, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »

am a bit pushed for time

2.35 Ayr has 5 places in a lot of spots

Eccleston 14/1 e/w (low draw and likes the going; nI have found it difficult to find this combination) (Hills)
next 3 are all interlinked on form
Nuno Tristan 14/1 e/w (has been running well consistently in middle, won on good/soft at Redcar) (betfred/corals/hills)
Handsome Dude 25/1 e/w (has a penalty, but has run well enough with that weight this season, and won quiote well last time, in middle (365 so that will be with me)
Intense Style 20/1 e/w (ties in with Handsome Dude.  Could have a dreadful draw, but has lots of form on soft, and not convinced the horse drawn low are the best, so just going for it)

Suggest 25 e/w them all.  Please confirm you want Handsome Dude with me

Eccleston Ayr 14:35 Winner
14/1 Each Way (5 Places at 1/4 Odds)
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £487.50

Nuno Tristan Ayr 14:35 Winner
14/1 Each Way (5 Places at 1/4 Odds)
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £487.50

restricted with coral on the last one, need the 5th place though so had to go there

Intense Style Ayr 14:35 Winner
20/1 Each Way (5 Places at 1/4 Odds)
Total Stake: £25.00
Potential Returns: £337.50

Handsome dude with you

Eccleston and Nuno Tristan both placed

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 8105 8106 8107 8108 [8109] 8110 8111 8112 8113 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: