blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272654 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5655 5656 5657 5658 [5659] 5660 5661 5662 5663 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13466752 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84870 on: August 08, 2014, 12:39:03 PM »

Have been having a quick look at the market for most clean sheets in the Premier League this season. I was thinking Chelsea - whichever goalkeeper they go for they'll have a great one, and their back four plus back ups are solid.

The other contenders would probably be Man City who are always vulnerable, especially if Kompany is out for any period of time; Arsenal who are no longer the kings of 1-0; Liverpool who, again are leaky; and ManUre, who currently have Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones as their CBs.

What do others think, and if you agree what price would you have Chelsea?

It seems like it's Chelsea's to lose, I agree. Probably one of those 'locking your money up for nine months to double it' bets, though.

I would prefer to back Chelsea to be the last team to be unbeaten in the league at 11/5.

Arsenal had 18 clean sheets last season
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84871 on: August 08, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »

Have been having a quick look at the market for most clean sheets in the Premier League this season. I was thinking Chelsea - whichever goalkeeper they go for they'll have a great one, and their back four plus back ups are solid.

The other contenders would probably be Man City who are always vulnerable, especially if Kompany is out for any period of time; Arsenal who are no longer the kings of 1-0; Liverpool who, again are leaky; and ManUre, who currently have Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones as their CBs.

What do others think, and if you agree what price would you have Chelsea?

It seems like it's Chelsea's to lose, I agree. Probably one of those 'locking your money up for nine months to double it' bets, though.

I would prefer to back Chelsea to be the last team to be unbeaten in the league at 11/5.

Arsenal had 18 clean sheets last season

I would say "I can't believe they'll get close to that", but some bright spark with an expensive wallet will chirp up and I'll have to back down.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84872 on: August 08, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »

Don't see why they wouldnt? Defence looks similar to me Debuchy/Chambers versus Sagna comes up similar, TV barely played more competition in goal e.t.c
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84873 on: August 08, 2014, 12:46:11 PM »

I know that thread can't get on with Spoils, but Furyk is 14/1 with them, you get money back for 2nd and 3rd, which makes it equivalent to the 16/1 on Betfair.

In addition they pay 5 places still, so you get 7/2 five places when betfair is just over 2/1.  People who can get on really should (max is £100 for the refund)

To give you some idea how good that is the 14/1 and 4 places elsewhere must still be a decent enough bet.

Can we press Furyk another £10 each way at 14/1 with Hills/sporting/PP/b365?  Sure this is good.  Betfair is actually 16/16.5 which is the same as 15/1.   Even with 4 places it 7/2 4 places must be good if 5 places is just over 2/1)

There are plenty of other good each way maths bets around (Ryan Palmer (40/1) and Adam Scott (35/1) with Boyles.   I have also just done Eduardo Molinari with the Tote at 66/1 (also paying 5).  Got to entertain the kids so will update if I get time

Edit.  Boyles offer is likely to be finished now, so if not on already do not bet
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:07:35 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84874 on: August 08, 2014, 12:46:18 PM »

Bet suggestion:

Conference Premier 'to finish in bottom 4' - Dover Athletic

Betting Emporium's non-league man Alan Alger tipped Dartford, Macclesfield and Welling, with the fourth to come from Dover, Altrincham and Nuneaton. He has since tweeted his prediction that Dover will come bottom.

I am a Dover fan. I saw us throughout last season and we were hugely lucky to scrape into the play-offs. We have hardly strengthened the team, which looked a poor Conference South team last season. I can see nothing but a relegation battle.

Macclesfield are 5/4 and Welling are 15/8 - I would see us as much more likely to go down than them. Dartford are 5/4 and have just signed Peter Sweeney - ex-Wimbledon, over 250 league games, 29 years old. Dover's star signing is Stefan Payne, no league experience, poor scoring record and history of bad attitude.  You can get 7/4 for Dover to finish bottom 4 with Skuy, and 6/4 with Bald and Billy. Looks pretty good value to me so suggest £50 on Dover to finish in bottom 4.

Hello

I quite like when a fan is non-rose tinted enough to go against his own side. I think, without having the time to go back and prove it, that such bets have worked well on here

i had to reduce it slightly as we need some bankroll rebalancing which can't happen until i speak to the boss

Conference Premier - Outright 2014/2015
To Be Relegated
Dover    6/4    
Total stake   £ 40.00
Estimated return   £ 100.00
Full stake   £ 40.00
Full estimated return   £ 100.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84875 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »

Don't see why they wouldnt? Defence looks similar to me Debuchy/Chambers versus Sagna comes up similar, TV barely played more competition in goal e.t.c

agree with this

no reason why Arsenal wouldn't be as strong at the back as last season is there?

what are the clean sheet prices for the season?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84876 on: August 08, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »

I know that thread can't get on with Spoils, but Furyk is 14/1 with them, you get money back for 2nd and 3rd, which makes it equivalent to the 16/1 on Betfair.

In addition they pay 5 places still, so you get 7/2 five places when betfair is just over 2/1.  People who can get on really should (max is £100 for the refund)

To give you some idea how good that is the 14/1 and 4 places elsewhere must still be a decent enough bet.

Can we press Furyk another £10 each way at 14/1 with Hills/sporting/PP/b365?  Sure this is good.  Betfair is actually 16/16.5 which is the same as 15/1.   Even with 4 places it 7/2 4 places must be good if 5 places is just over 2/1)

There are plenty of other good each way maths bets around (Ryan Palmer (40/1) and Adam Scott (35/1) with Boyles.   I have also just done Eduardo Molinari with the Tote at 66/1 (also paying 5).  Got to entertain the kids so will update if I get time

Bet Type: Single
            USPGA Championship 2014 - Aug 4th - 10th Outright Winner
                Jim Furyk 14/1
                Each Way: 1/4 1 - 4
        Possible Payout 195.00 GBP
    2 bets @
    10.00 GBP

Total Cost: 20.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 195.00 GBP

let us know if you want any of the others when you have the time

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84877 on: August 08, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »

Dufner now 4 over after 3 holes.

Looks like putting up a sturdy defence of his title!

For Phil's bet, hopefully not. Wink

I gather he is carrying a neck injury which may explain a few things....

I honestly don't know how he hits a golf ball with any accuracy, with all that wiggling & waggling. He generally does though.

Strange how some unorthodox golf swings seem to defy logic & work. Jim Furyk springs to mind.  David Duval, too, though his light never shone brightly for long. 

Dufner's golf swing is not unorthodox at all imo, despite all the waggles.

Fair enough, but I was really referring to his address......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #84878 on: August 08, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »

Celtic are back in the ECL and are seeded in the champions grouping

That's one of the most incredible decisions ever.  The sub had no impact at all on the result.  Common sense should have prevailed.  Celtic keeper must be gutted now as this was his 'escape route' to the EPL. 

There isn't a "common sense" option.  Field a suspended player = lose tie 3-0.  

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84879 on: August 08, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »

In addition they pay 5 places still, so you get 7/2 five places when betfair is just over 2/1.  People who can get on really should (max is £100 for the refund)

Can we press Furyk another £10 each way at 14/1 with Hills/sporting/PP/b365?  Sure this is good.  Betfair is actually 16/16.5 which is the same as 15/1.   Even with 4 places it 7/2 4 places must be good if 5 places is just over 2/1)

There are plenty of other good each way maths bets around (Ryan Palmer (40/1) and Adam Scott (35/1) with Boyles.   I have also just done Eduardo Molinari with the Tote at 66/1 (also paying 5).  Got to entertain the kids so will update if I get time

Bet Type: Single
            USPGA Championship 2014 - Aug 4th - 10th Outright Winner
                Jim Furyk 14/1
                Each Way: 1/4 1 - 4
        Possible Payout 195.00 GBP
    2 bets @
    10.00 GBP

Total Cost: 20.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 195.00 GBP

let us know if you want any of the others when you have the time

The Tote/bald fred aren't nearly as good as Spoils.  They all feel a bit more marginal (Eduardo Molinari is probably +10% or so and that is probably best), with many you give up a lot on the win money to get good place money.   Guess it starts soon, so will just leave it where we are.  

Edit.  If people aren't on with Boyles don't do it now, I think it restarts soon and you probably don't get 5 places or the offer after that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:04:17 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84880 on: August 08, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »

agree with this

no reason why Arsenal wouldn't be as strong at the back as last season is there?

The perception is skewed by the hammerings they had against some of the big boys. That doesnt matter for this bet though
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84881 on: August 08, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »

agree with this

Chelsea are 5/4 which I thought too short even when I was thinking of them as favourites, which they are. City are 11/4, ManUre are 5/1, Arsenal are 15/2, Liverpool are 12/1.

Looking at it again having read the input here and I think Arsenal are definite value here so I think we should get on them. Unfortunately I've only seen the market at Patrick P though.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84882 on: August 08, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »

Not to sure what price they should be but would love a match bet with a small start Arsenal clean sheets versus Man Utd
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84883 on: August 08, 2014, 05:26:17 PM »

We have a bet tomorrow as follows

25-Jul   waz1892   coral   9-Aug   football   forest v blackpool   forest   8/13   65

Blackpool have, eventually, got a 20 man squad together

some familiar names, some less so

in terms of tomorrow's game

Forest now 4/11
Draw 9/2
Blackpool 10/1

so all good on the value front

I am assuming we are running the position unless there is a consensus otherwise

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84884 on: August 08, 2014, 05:34:02 PM »

I have laid Forest at 1.35 fwiw.  As previously discussed i just can't have any team in this league being a 4/11 shot to anyone. 
Pages: 1 ... 5655 5656 5657 5658 [5659] 5660 5661 5662 5663 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: