blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Thoughts on riv.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on riv.  (Read 1610 times)
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »

BTW, I have been watching a ton of Galfond's PLO back catalogue on Bluefire recently. In one video he open-folds AKKJ from the Hijack! He explains that it is a slightly losing play to open this hand but that it would be a very marginal open from the CO. Even I am not that nitty lol!!

How is this a losing play? Double Suited surely it is a clear open? Blocker to being dominated and 3 str8 draws? Even without the nut/2nd nut flush draws, we have to be happy to at least flat a 3 bet?

Obviously it was a completely unsuited AKKJ. With even just one suit I'm sure he'd open it, and double suited it's a premium hand. Tbh it was a big shock to me when I saw him fold it, and I'd always open it in the games I play in. Maybe in tough games it is going to be hard to make money with this since opponents are going to peel flops with very good frequencies and ranges and you're rarely going to turn equity to barrel with since you have no suits. I don't know if that is his exact reasoning though. All I know is that Galfond really did fold this hand from the Hijack. And he is much better at poker than me!

can only think it's the lack of suits. Not doubting Galfond for a second, this is def his game! I get the feeling from this logic that he'd rather play a totally unsuited T987 from the hijack than AKKJ? Actually, now that I think about that, it isn't such a bad play.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: