blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  betfair moving to ipoker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: betfair moving to ipoker  (Read 6098 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »

betsafe is gigantic yeh, but slowly moving to microgaming, they are already doing the dual network option. every room should do dual netowrk really.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 10:01:14 PM »

yeh i dont understand betfair completely uprooting from ongame, just keeping up both options would be best.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »

yeh i dont understand betfair completely uprooting from ongame, just keeping up both options would be best.

Not from the business perspective. It means they have to pay TWO lots of Network Charges for roughly the same amount of traffic, so their gross margin gets severely diluted. That makes no business sense whatsoever, imo.

We should not forget why they run a poker room - to earn margin, & feed liquidity to the other platforms on their own Site via cross-sell.  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:13:07 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:01 AM »

Wont be long until there is just 2 networks i think.

Bring back Tribeca  Cry
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

Not from the business perspective. It means they have to pay TWO lots of Network Charges for roughly the same amount of traffic, so their gross margin gets severely diluted. That makes no business sense whatsoever, imo.

We should not forget why they run a poker room - to earn margin, & feed liquidity to the other platforms on their own Site via cross-sell.  

Not sure I understand that - network charges are a % of rake usually, no?

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »

They're usually a sliding scale, so you pay proportionally more if the total rake is lower, as it would be if you were splitting your traffic between two sites. There are usually also minimum payments, regardless of rake.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »

Only part of them are Margin-based, some of them are Fixed Fees.

If you split liquidity between two networks, the fixed costs of the Room WILL rise as a % of the Margin* generated.

* "Margin" = total Rake & Reg Fees. Which you know, obv, but not everyone may describe it in those terms. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 05:39:49 PM »

Bring back Tribeca  Cry

You realise Tribeca is iPoker?
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »

I think betfair probably only runs a poker room to stop their players playing poker elsewhere. I doubt they are focused much on cross-selling from poker.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room-news/betfair-goes-live-ipoker-22-01/

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »

Bring back Tribeca  Cry

I think Suzanne means the old Tribeca software and community. I found it clunky tbh (tribeca that is)

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 12:01:23 PM »

Bring back Tribeca  Cry

Errrm, no. Tribeca was bought by Playtech which own ipoker. It is not the same thing.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »

Bring back Tribeca  Cry

Errrm, no. Tribeca was bought by Playtech which own ipoker. It is not the same thing.

<3 the Tribeca software.  Happy memories...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »

Bring back Tribeca  Cry

<3 the Tribeca software.  Happy memories...

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »

Bring back Tribeca  Cry

I think Suzanne means the old Tribeca software and community. I found it clunky tbh (tribeca that is)

Ah OK, misunderstood the point. Thanks. And yep anyone craving 2007 software probably has rose tinted specs on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: