blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  MAD MARTY £150 FREEZEOUT
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAD MARTY £150 FREEZEOUT  (Read 18760 times)
delta9thc

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2006, 03:48:35 AM »

well done rod and gb, for all the updates, great night so i thought it was time to make a post instead of lurking{taking without giving}. im the matt in the first couple of posts. great fun, everyone was friendly and can only hope there is more of this in the pipeline.
delta9thc

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2006, 03:53:20 AM »

sorry just need to add that the lad who i sucked out on with mt 10s v aa is a top lad and i we had a few beers after i bowed ever so gracefully out. dont know if he is a blonde but he took the suckout commendably {?}.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »

Best of luck to teacake for today. I am hoping to get into the club to give you some updates, but we will have to see. Apparantly i have to cut the grass first (lifestyles of the rich and famous eh ?)

It was good reading thru this thread, and thanks to everyone for their support (Kev !). I had a great tournament last night. This it has to be said was a quality field, and to start with the Cincins regular the "ratman" directly to my right, who basically just goes all in everytime you raise, made early maneoverings a bit difficult. But once i had saw him off, I began to relax and enjoy it.

i was briefly chip leader, until I ran pocket tens into Kings, and couldnt get away from it. Maybe understandable when I ran then same 10's into Queens an hour earlier, and caught a rather extravagent flop of 10 10 x. If you are going to knock someone out, then do it in style eh ?

In the end it was all solid if unspectacular poker which saw me still in with 11 players left. The hand which did all the damage maybe considered bad play from myself, but I am not convinced :

I have the lovely Katherine to my right with maybe 34,000 in chips.  I have 39,000. She raises to 20K. i look down and find KJ. Not the best hand, but I've played with worse...

My thought process was - how good is her hand ? How much does she like her hand ? Does she like it enough to go out of the tournament on the bubble with it. I decide to find out, by pushing , and then finding out she liked plenty good enough. Her AQ held up and I was down to 5,000.

There came a comical moment next where I folded the next hand, and Teacake got involved with an allin with the chip leader. I thought, I want teacake to win this, cos there aint no way I am coming back tomorrow with 5,000 chips !

Everyone was comiserating with me at my bubbling, but I wasnt too bothered at the time. Now though, sitting at home, with no poker game to be playing in this afternoon, it hurts a wee bit more...

go teakcake!!

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »

I had a few trip reports posted almost but my laptop kept dying. So I'm at work and finally got time to post one. I've ripped it straight out my blog so where it says here and here it refers to the two hands i posted on the hand analysis board

55 runners started the event on Saturday at the Cincinnati club in Glasgow creating a prizepool of £8,250 which would be split among the final ten that made the final table to be played the following day. The 6pm tournament started some time after 7pm with blinds of 50-100, 30 min blinds and a T10,000 starting stack there certainly was some room to play.

I really didn't have any memorable hands and just played small ball to take me up to about T14,000 when this hand happened:

Stacks:
Hero:14k
Villain 7800

Blinds 200-400

Villain raises to 1200 from MP1 (background: villain looks out his depth and wears tells round his neck, easy to read)

I look down at Jack of Diamonds 10 of Diamonds in MP3 and call, the rest get out of the way.

Flop comes

two hearts

Villain stares at the flop looks puzzled then counts out his chips.. he has 6600 left and bets 2000. He didn't enjoy betting and hasn't looked at my stack.

I reraise to set him allin.

He thinks for aggggggggggggggggeeeeeees then calls with 9 of Clubs 9 of Diamonds.

Do I have to tell the rest of the story really do i?

Turn 

River

Thats my bad beat allowance for May used up on the blog I promise. So I nursed that stack worked it back up to about 10/11k when this hand* came up.. I hadn't posted the results but I folded (obv) Reraiser had pocket Kings, Dave had K10o and I'd have spiked a 5 on the river...

Then my downfall the blinds went up again and this hand** sent me back along the M8 when Villain had A10o and neither of us got any help.

I don't think villain calls that if I hadn't pushed the two hands previous but I might be wrong. Was good to put some names to faces and sit at the table with a lot of the blonde posters who I'd kinda spoke to in the past but hadn't played any poker with ie Scottish Dave, Teacake, Rod Paradise, the Machine? (was drunk and talked about pocketfives). I was dissapointed with the result of the tournament but not at all with my play.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: