blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013  (Read 56762 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »

I know there's a big/decent pub near Wembley Park tube station which is ten on to be showing the football.

Can't remember the name for the life of me.

It will packed to the rafters for the 2 hours prior to kickoff, but if we get there at 1pm or something, we should be able to stake a claim to a couple of tables.

*EDIT* I think it's called The Torch.

What obout the sports bar next to Wembley, where the five a side football pitches are. I have used that the last couple of years. Only let in those going to the NFL game as well, never been too busy and loads of screens showing the football
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2013, 02:15:58 AM »

I know there's a big/decent pub near Wembley Park tube station which is ten on to be showing the football.

Can't remember the name for the life of me.

It will packed to the rafters for the 2 hours prior to kickoff, but if we get there at 1pm or something, we should be able to stake a claim to a couple of tables.

*EDIT* I think it's called The Torch.

What obout the sports bar next to Wembley, where the five a side football pitches are. I have used that the last couple of years. Only let in those going to the NFL game as well, never been too busy and loads of screens showing the football

Went to Wembley today and the sports bar just outside was closed to general public, they were using it as a vip bar. They did have some sort of beer garden near thing put on by wembley/nfl but that looked shite. Not sure how feasible it would be in October either when the weather is not good.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »

Last chance for Quilon

Going to confirm the numbers on Friday

Currently at 7 people

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »

Any takers for the Paul Klee exhibition at Tate Modern on the Sunday?

I'm presently planning to book tickets(~£15)for Sunday noon sometime next week.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2013, 06:23:08 PM »

I'm probably out for that, Mr Karabiner. Klee isn't my bag, really.

Am looking at hotels atm near Marylebone/Vic. Fair old wedge. Blooming London! Can't compete with your epicurean tastes, sir Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »

I'm probably out for that, Mr Karabiner. Klee isn't my bag, really.

Am looking at hotels atm near Marylebone/Vic. Fair old wedge. Blooming London! Can't compete with your epicurean tastes, sir Smiley

I'm going to take my niece and nephew who I've not seen for ages and am working on young Giblin to come too. My plan currently is to go for a salt-beef sandwich in Selfridges (which is just around the corner from The Vic) afterwards.

You or anyone who fancies it could join us for a late lunch.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »

Just had a look at the wembley website. Under the list of banned items there's a series of questions (I think through Facebook?). One asks whether you can take a normal size rucksack. The answer from Wembley is yes.

Banned items include backpacks, duffel and grocery bags.

But rucksacks seem to be ok, which saves me a hassle after the game.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »

Just had a look at the wembley website. Under the list of banned items there's a series of questions (I think through Facebook?). One asks whether you can take a normal size rucksack. The answer from Wembley is yes.

Why don't you just leave it in the cloakroom at The Vic and pick it up after the game?

What's the difference between a backpack and a rucksack?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »

Why don't you just leave it in the cloakroom at The Vic and pick it up after the game?

What's the difference between a backpack and a rucksack?

I'm at work on the Monday, I'm afraid, so I'll very likely be heading back after the game, as there is a direct Chiltern train service from Wembley Stadium.

I'm surmising that a backpack is one you'd often see round both shoulders, where a rucksack is smaller and tends to be carried with both straps over just one shoulder.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »

At the risk of getting poker players to be organised, may I just get a handle on a rough itenerary?

Friday: dinner at the posh place
             Something afterwards?

Saturday: Meet up at...
                  Watch various sports in a pub
                  OR go to AFC Wimbledon
                  Wimbledon dogs, including dinner
                  Something afterwards involving cards?

Sunday: Somewhere for lunch and sports
                OR Paul Klee exhibition
                Footbawl on yer phowun...
                Vic

By all means fill in the blanks and paste in OP, so we can get a decent idea between us of arrangements. For my part, I'll just be there Saturday lunchtime to after the NFL game, I think.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2013, 11:22:01 AM »

Tix in hand yet Tal?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »

Tix in hand yet Tal?

Not yet, although I've seen on the wembley site there are a few saying theirs have arrived today. Am expecting it on the mat this week.

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »

Put me down.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »

Put me down.

Good man Tom I'll book the tix in the next couple of days.

There are concessions for students, under 16's and those who have borrowed tikay's bus-pass just in case you might be eligible.

I'm slightly disappointed that Tal's not coming as he'll miss out on meeting my nephew who's name actually is Tal, not to mention my very smart and rather lovely niece Yuval.Wink

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2013, 08:36:57 PM »

Put me down.

Good man Tom I'll book the tix in the next couple of days.

There are concessions for students, under 16's and those who have borrowed tikay's bus-pass just in case you might be eligible.

I'm slightly disappointed that Tal's not coming as he'll miss out on meeting my nephew who's name actually is Tal, not to mention my very smart and rather lovely niece Yuval.Wink

How thoughtful!

Your nephew has an excellent name.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: