blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:57:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Tips For Tikay* Mini Fred Bash - weekend of October 26 - 27th 2013  (Read 56681 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »

Im in for the dogs on Saturday night and pub build up before the game on the Sunday, from around 2ish, as I will be playing Sunday league in the morning.

I have already made my selections for the dogs btw if any of you wanted to know. Backing the number 2 all the way. Seen it work for someone else before so I think it is a solid strat.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »

If anyone is looking for a spare ticket to join in, let me know, I probably have one Sad

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »

Last call for the Paul Klee exhibition at noon on Sunday 27th Oct.

Culture vultures confirmed so far:

Karabiner and The Dazzler...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »

Afternoon.

Have plans been made about where and when to meet on Saturday? Now the footy is off the agenda, is it pub and racing or is owt else planned?

Question. If I drive to TheSmoke, can I park at Vic and venture out, assuming I sign in etc, and not get clobbered for parking when I leave early next morning?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »

The Vic really hate people doing that and they lecture you about how you aren't insured to leave it there, but in practise you can get away with it.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »

What's the agenda for the full weekend, starting Friday or Saturday? Saw Chompy in Luton, he was umming and ahhing, I thought he's be guest of honour
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »

What's the agenda for the full weekend, starting Friday or Saturday? Saw Chompy in Luton, he was umming and ahhing, I thought he's be guest of honour

You do realise he'll turn up wearing a Peterborough United replica shirt, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »

The Vic really hate people doing that and they lecture you about how you aren't insured to leave it there, but in practise you can get away with it.

Ok Thanks Neil.

I'm always getting lectured, at work, at home,  so that's water off a ducks back.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »

At the risk of getting poker players to be organised, may I just get a handle on a rough itenerary?

Friday: dinner at the posh place
             Something afterwards?

Saturday: Meet up at...
                  Watch various sports in a pub
                  Wimbledon dogs, including dinner
                  Something afterwards involving cards?

Sunday: Somewhere for lunch and sports
                OR Paul Klee exhibition
                Footbawl on yer phowun...
                Vic

By all means fill in the blanks and paste in OP, so we can get a decent idea between us of arrangements. For my part, I'll just be there Saturday lunchtime to after the NFL game, I think.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2013, 04:11:24 PM »

You do realise he'll turn up wearing a Peterborough United replica shirt, right?
Funnily enough he had one on when I saw him. At least I think it must have been, I didn't recognise the strip and I didn't think Posh played in white but it was a footy top fo sho
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »

In light of the antics of a spurs fan yesterday, I'm doubtful about whether the bag policy will be as loose as some have previously experienced.

On the Wembley website, someone has asked a question of whether there is anywhere to store luggage. The response from Wembley is no, but someone else has posted that, for "a small fee", you can leave a bag at The Green Man pub on Dagmar Avenue, which is round the corner.

Google gets you to the website (www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co.uk ) and you might be interested to know it also has parking facilities for match days: www.wembleyparkingservices.com

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »

Should add I spoke to someone who went to the Steelers-Vikes game and he said he saw a few people get turned away for having bags. Suppose it's steward-dependant, as ever.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »

Should add I spoke to someone who went to the Steelers-Vikes game and he said he saw a few people get turned away for having bags. Suppose it's steward-dependant, as ever.

The favoured solution is for you to wear your tighter closes first day and then put your looser clothing on the second day over the top. If you bring disposable toothbrush and deodorant, you have know need for a bag for your return journey.

A helpful tip I picked up from an old Viz.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »

The favoured solution is for you to wear your tighter closes first day and then put your looser clothing on the second day over the top. If you bring disposable toothbrush and deodorant, you have know need for a bag for your return journey.

A helpful tip I picked up from an old Viz.

Or just a massive coat?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »

So I will be able to make the Dogs on Saturday night without much else beforehand and the same with the Sunday before the game. I guess times for these meets are most important?

What time/where is it best to meet up for the Dogs tickets beforehand and the same for the NFL tickets on Sunday, guess they could be given out at the Dogs? Cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: