blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 186663 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »

960 odd women disagree

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »

960 odd women disagree

Not only that but all the comments I saw were that the ladies loved the atmosphere, liked playing it, friendly at the tables etc

Live and let live I reckon

Easy to forget how intimidating, sexist and male dominated some areas of poker are. One lady player said exactly that to me at DTD last weekend.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »

960 odd women disagree

Not only that but all the comments I saw were that the ladies loved the atmosphere, liked playing it, friendly at the tables etc

Live and let live I reckon

Easy to forget how intimidating, sexist and male dominated some areas of poker are. One lady player said exactly that to me at DTD last weekend.

Think this is the crux..and fair enough..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »

I used to hold the view that Ladies ONLY Events were wrong, though not to the extreme extent that sicilian seems to. I just felt them to be un-necessary, & a little demeaning.

I've now very much changed my mind, having recently been in the same Cardroom during two different Ladies Events in Vegas, including the woefully named "LIPS" & "High Heels Poker Tour" & then yesterday, walking the floor of the WSOP Ladies Event.

Rarely have I seen so many people having such a great day, & a great sense of occasion for them, rather as APAT Events are, &, to some degree, SPT Events. Many of them had taken a little time & trouble over their appearance, & some had travelled all the way to Vegas just to play this.

Poker NEEDS to look at itself, & try & make things better. I think these Ladies Events can only be good for poker, overall, & with hindsight, it was churlish of me & others to suggest otherwise, when so many Ladies really enjoy them.

It was a perfect joy to see so many people, so enjoying themselves. We should celebrate that.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »

Meanwhile, I am indebted to Chili, who, overnight, sent me the name of a player in the WSOP, being this man.

Kendall Fukumoto

I'm still not quite sure that guy is real......I may have been set up there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »

I used to hold the view that Ladies ONLY Events were wrong, though not to the extreme extent that sicilian seems to. I just felt them to be un-necessary, & a little demeaning.

I've now very much changed my mind, having recently been in the same Cardroom during two different Ladies Events in Vegas, including the woefully named "LIPS" & "High Heels Poker Tour" & then yesterday, walking the floor of the WSOP Ladies Event.

Rarely have I seen so many people having such a great day, & a great sense of occasion for them, rather as APAT Events are, &, to some degree, SPT Events. Many of them had taken a little time & trouble over their appearance, & some had travelled all the way to Vegas just to play this.

Poker NEEDS to look at itself, & try & make things better. I think these Ladies Events can only be good for poker, overall, & with hindsight, it was churlish of me & others to suggest otherwise, when so many Ladies really enjoy them.

It was a perfect joy to see so many people, so enjoying themselves. We should celebrate that.  

Not sure whether my view is extreme boss..i'm actually on the side of the ladies as i would have thought it was the kind of belittling attitude they so hate, there you go ladies have your own event with no nasty men in it.. just don't see much point it being a bracelet event.. you know everyone rolls their eyes when Tilly tells you she won a bracelet..but hey if the ladies are having fun and the atmos is good i suppose its all cool...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »

Not sure whether my view is extreme boss..i'm actually on the side of the ladies as i would have thought it was the kind of belittling attitude they so hate, there you go ladies have your own event with no nasty men in it.. just don't see much point it being a bracelet event.. you know everyone rolls their eyes when Tilly tells you she won a bracelet..but hey if the ladies are having fun and the atmos is good i suppose its all cool...

Given the gender ratio in poker, I would opine to the view that almost 1,000 entries in yesterday's WSOP Ladies Event suggests otherwise.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »

Eventually found my level on day 8, and can confirm it is 1/3 at the Wynn.  Somebody bump this for me next year.  Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2013, 12:12:51 AM »

Given the gender ratio in poker, I would opine to the view that almost 1,000 entries in yesterday's WSOP Ladies Event suggests otherwise.

like so many..men and women alike they can put their principles aside when it suits...

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »

Go Barney and seb both at final tables England well overdue a braclet this series
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2013, 02:33:33 AM »

Sebastian Saffari            
Philip Sternheimer   

both listed as english and 1st and 2nd with 5 left in the 2500 10 game mix

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2013, 02:42:34 AM »

Barney has doubled up KK > TT aipf and is now 2/7

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:23 AM »

Barney knocks two players out. 2/5 now

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:43 AM »

Barney knocks two players out. 2/5 now

what event is this?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 30, 2013, 03:12:32 AM »

how is this not streamed?