blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:58:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Roll up, roll up.... jbworldwide's RSQ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll up, roll up.... jbworldwide's RSQ  (Read 10035 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 03:46:02 AM »

Isn't question 13 going to be answered before closing date?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »

q8) i dont understand. Youre looking for a unique first name, but dont want a number, indicating a certain king (for example) with several wives would be correct? But this isnt unique as there were several if his name with numbers?

Please clarify?

Carpe Diem
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 07:21:54 AM »

q8) i dont understand. Youre looking for a unique first name, but dont want a number, indicating a certain king (for example) with several wives would be correct? But this isnt unique as there were several if his name with numbers?

Please clarify?

Unique would mean the only monarch to have ruled England with that regnal name. So, if there were a Nigel II, you can't pick Nigel. That's my reading of it, anyway.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 08:31:51 AM »

Please clarify?

Unique would mean the only monarch to have ruled England with that regnal name. So, if there were a Nigel II, you can't pick Nigel. That's my reading of it, anyway.

I took it to mean that you would answer Nigel, Patrick, etc, but he doesn't need you to specify Nigel II, Patrick VI, etc.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »

I read it that a certain king with 6 wives would be acceptable but as the number was not required he would be whaled with other kings of the same name.

Blue text
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »

I read it that a certain king with 6 wives would be acceptable but as the number was not required he would be whaled with other kings of the same name.

This question was on the lottery quiz show on Saturday night I think, it is just asking for unique first names of monarchs since 1066 - seems a pretty straightforward question to me.

So if there were 7 kings called Charles and one of them ruled after 1066, Charles would be a valid answer. You just don't specify Charles VII - "Charles" is sufficient.....and so on.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:41 PM »

In

and appreciate the effort that goes into these even more now.

Good luck

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »

I read it as Charles, Henry etc. would be fails as they were not uniquely named. If there had been a King Cory or Queen Chardonnay then they would be correct answers.

Ante farce.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »

In. Thanks.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »

In

Will be second last to Ant Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:28 PM »

In

Ha, yeh thats me, the lovable failure, would be nice if my parents thought the same Sad Tongue

Glad wobbly bridge did something for you in the previous quiz. Smiley In this one, I am feeling relatively confident. I think there is one wrong answer only. Surely mid table with that, can't be bottom. If it does get me bottom, then the world of quizmastery is against me and then i won't know what to do with myself.

Give up? Never!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

In

Not in until you send the answers to this week's QM rather than last week's... Wink

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »

Isn't question 13 going to be answered before closing date?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 08:19:36 PM »

After riding high in second spot until the final question I now found myself with this weeks RSQ.....

Entries close 6pm on Sunday 23rd Feb. Reveal will be from 9 pm on Sunday 23rd Feb. (This reveal time may change but notice will be given if it does)

Rules

The score for each question is the number of people who give that answer.

The most popular answer is the sheep.

Incorrect answers receive the sheep score plus 5 points.

Lowest score wins.

Please try and answer from inside your deep, dark memories, research is not allowed but I cannot police it so it is up to your conscience.

You may choose to pass one question and will receive 0 points for that question, except for question unlucky 13 which is not passable

Errors where it is obvious what the answer is will not receive a penalty, unless it is wrong of course!

Questions

1. In honour of the winter Olympics; name a sport that is part of the 2014 programme that takes place outside (and include a discipline please, just skiing or snowboarding will be an incorrect answer)

2. Name a country in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics that has won two or more gold medals (this will be taken from the close of play on 17th Feb)

3. Name a winner of a 2014 Bafta (Person or Film, to be clear the headline credit will count e.g. the Make up and Hair was awarded to the film not the 3 stylists)

4. Name a country that was part of the British Empire (protectorates do not count)

5. Name a football team remaining in the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League Competition (Round of 16 beginning on 18th Feb 2014)

6. Name a James Herbert novel (officially published according to wikipedia, short stories do not count)

7. Name a PLC listed on the FTSE 100 which is in the top 20 by market capitalisation value. (i.e. which 20 companies are worth the most, taken from Telegraph online on 17th Feb)

8. Name a unique first name for an English monarch since 1066 (what I am looking for here is the crowned forename, e.g. Harry (but since he is not a monarch this is incorrect) I do not need the number)

9. Name an NFL team (franchise) in the current American Football Conference (AFC) 2013-14 season

10. Name a UK city south of Nottingham

11. Name a No.1 Album from 2013

12. Name a meerkat character from Comparethemarket.com (in honour of work Smiley, named meerkats anywhere on the ctm website, muskrats or mongoose are not allowed)

This cannot be passed....
Unlucky 13... how many entries (total) will there be in the Sky Poker UK Championships Main Event. Percentage difference either over or under (rounded to the nearest percent; 0.49 down 0.50 up) will form your score to be SUBTRACTED from your total. So an exact answer will get you a zero score, 1% away is -1 point etc. The closer you are the less points you lose.

If clarity is required, say below and I will try my best. Have fun. Entries will be listed below;

IN

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jbworldwide

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:14 PM »

This question was on the lottery quiz show on Saturday night I think, it is just asking for unique first names of monarchs since 1066 - seems a pretty straightforward question to me.

So if there were 7 kings called Charles and one of them ruled after 1066, Charles would be a valid answer. You just don't specify Charles VII - "Charles" is sufficient.....and so on.

Exactly this
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: