blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive  (Read 47599 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »

TV table news
Ben Callinan all-in for about 70,000 with .

Marc Caram looks him up with

Board comes two spades and Ben leaves us.

Great job from Ben. Top lad too! 
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 03:01:54 PM »

dont tell her its norkage time snoop be subtle about about it and tell her blonde wants to see the jelinek rail
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2007, 03:05:34 PM »

Dusk Till Dawn's Kevin 'Whiskey' O'Connell

"I was at the airport once when Late Night Poker was at its peak and Trevor McDonald was there. A young lad approached looking for an autograph and Trevor said, 'I won't be a moment, I'll just sign this for the young chap'. At that point, the kid bypassed Trevor and came straight to me with his paper and pen. It was a great moment."

"Are sure he didn't think you were Kevin O'Donnell" I asked.

No comment. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 03:37:09 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2007, 03:08:06 PM »

Andy Black raises pre-flop and Alex Kim calls from the blinds.

The flop brings an Ace and a couple of rags, and is checked. The turn is another low card and Alex bets out, only to be insta-called by Andy. The river is another Ace and, despite (to me) obviously looking like someone considering whether to bluff or give up on the hand, and not someone who actually had anything, Alex bets out again and once more Andy insta-calls.

Alex insta-mucks his hand and Andy shows Ace-Ten, picking up a pot of, ooh, let's say 300,000.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »

Pete Giordano and Soren Kongsgaard split a pot with Big Slick squared. Irrelevant 8-6-5-5-9 board.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »

This is why we're relying on AndrewT for feature table updates...

Zoom in though and you might be able to spot a sandal, white sock, beige trouser wearing former World Champ on the mike.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »

The flop brings an Ace and a couple of rags, and is checked. The turn is another low card and Alex bets out, only to be insta-called by Andy. The river is another Ace and, despite (to me) obviously looking like someone considering whether to bluff or give up on the hand, and not someone who actually had anything, Alex bets out again and once more Andy insta-calls.

Alex insta-mucks his hand and Andy shows Ace-Ten, picking up a pot of, ooh, let's say 300,000.

I know what Alex had, mwahahahahaahah. How do I know? I've just been on a quick tour of the TV Van and Camera system, an impressive operation in itself. So many cameras, two people watching all the players on the feature table's hole-cams and writing down all their hands. Fascinating stuff how it's all connected together, you wouldn't want to work in the van if you were claustrophobic though, I can tell you. Thanks to Jon Raab and the EPT guy for getting me the quick tour. 

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »

Josh Prager takes the brakes off News Now -

Starting the day on 166k, he's up to over 500k now, and picked up the last couple of pots on his table thusly:

He raised under the gun to 30k (blinds 5k/10k) and big blind Johannes Strassmann gave him a spin.  Flop:    Johannes checked, Josh checked.
Turn:    Check, Josh bets 34k, call.
River:  three clubs  Check, Josh bets a stack of brown 5k chips - looked like 80k, and after a brief pause Johannes called.  He saw the and flipped his cards as the pot was awarded to the American - it looked like a slowplayed Jack which had fallen behind on the Broadway-creating turn.

Two hands later, Simon Johansson raised to 28k preflop, button Samir Rahal called, and it got round to Josh Prager again on the big blind.  He looked at Simon's bet, asked the "Can I see how much you have left?" question, and then just announced "All in."  Quick pass by Simon, but Samir gave it a good think before allowing himself to be successfully squeezed.  Perhaps a Final dark horse?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 03:21:46 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2007, 03:21:25 PM »

Day 4 shots...
claav
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »

What happend to Ulsrud?
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »

Down a Norwegian - Christopher Ulsrud finishes in 25th place (€26,550):

Blind vs. Blind - Steve Jelinek called the small blind and big blind Christopher raised it somewhat (25k), which Steve also called.
Flop:    Steve check-called Christopher's bet of 50k
Turn:    Check from Steve, 90k bet, and then within three seconds Jelinek had check-raised all-in and Christopher had called.
Steve had turned two pair with his , sprinting in front of Christopher's .
River: 

Norwegian blogger Kjetil says that Ulsrud, under the nick LuckyUlsa was the biggest online earner for January...and a chip leader in this for much of the three days' run up to his elimination.  Will probably be seeing a lot more of him.  The details of the story filled in by Ulsrud himself - some rather miffed Norwegians next to us in the press room...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 03:38:48 PM by Djinn » Logged

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2007, 03:39:59 PM »

We seem to be on a short break for the three-table redraw. I missed when this actually happened as I decided that 3.15pm probably meant it was time for me to get out of my pyjamas and have a shower.

From a technical perspective I have to say the EPT live table TV feed has been spectacular. Superb definition, no breaks in broadcast due to buffering - rock solid. From a critical viewpoint I'm not wholly convinced by Barry Martin's commentary - he sometimes wades too far into the lake marked 'Hyperbole and Sycophancy' and gets more than his knees wet. At times it gets a bit corporate, and we have a few minutes hearing about how great the EPT is, how great Pokerstars is and how wonderful this whole thing is for poker.

Which it is (don't get me wrong) but a little understatement goes a long way. Also the amount players bet is often unclear - the commentators sometimes can't hear the amounts being called and they're too far away to visually ascertain the bets.

These are only small criticisms though - overall it's good stuff.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2007, 03:48:06 PM »

I know what Alex had, mwahahahahaahah. How do I know? I've just been on a quick tour of the TV Van and Camera system, an impressive operation in itself. So many cameras, two people watching all the players on the feature table's hole-cams and writing down all their hands. Fascinating stuff how it's all connected together, you wouldn't want to work in the van if you were claustrophobic though, I can tell you. Thanks to Jon Raab and the EPT guy for getting me the quick tour. 
It really suprises me that they allow anyone else but the actual tv crew in the van, as the information which could be passed on to players still in the tourny could be priceless. I think its totally wrong

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »

It really suprises me that they allow anyone else but the actual tv crew in the van, as the information which could be passed on to players still in the tourny could be priceless. I think its totally wrong

Fair point, but you don't get to sit there for an hour, just check out the technology and you're out the door.  Not enough time to get actually valuable betting pattern infomation etc. - you might know one instance of one type of hand being played by one player, but I don't reckon that gives anyone an advantage.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »

Fair point, but you don't get to sit there for an hour, just check out the technology and you're out the door.  Not enough time to get actually valuable betting pattern infomation etc. - you might know one instance of one type of hand being played by one player, but I don't reckon that gives anyone an advantage.
I wasnt actually talking about floppys tour, but even the 1 hand could be a critical one. Just my opinion.
What did he have by the way Wink

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: