blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:00:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  "most annoying".......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "most annoying".......  (Read 17742 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:36 PM »

Will only tackle racing or the night will be short.

Like.

Mark Howard. Mellish(grown on me), Neesom(a real, got to listen to everything type), Chris Dixon. Bob Cooper. Down(after a few beers) Love Chapman, complete fool, but excellent once or twice a week. Think bad thoughts about Lydia, and she looks a lot slimmer in real life. What a night that could be!! Horse talk all night!

Dislike
Willoughby(talks the talk, and very interesting, but mainly about after the event stuff, eg; Sectionals-"that was never going to win with an opening split of" Cheers, I worked that out myself. Was going slowly skint when I used to follow his recommends. His cheap suits tell you enough!!

Cunningham-twenty words when one will do..

Tommo.wtf. Just got to know he is commentating to not have a bet at the meeting.

Alex Hammond..surely done a turn or two to get the gig?

Nev. Dont like the way he clearly dislikes his colleagues and cant even look at them when all together

Machin. Hate waiting for the end of his commentary and the obligatory forced pun, he has obv been up all night preparing(Ok when he is presenting though)

Tanya and her cliff selections, because she would love to see them win as they are 17 etc.

Weaver

ALICE FUCKING PLUNKETT. Thank fuck she wont be on our TV much longer

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 10:28:36 PM »

Always had a soft spot for James Richardson, going back to Football Italia on .

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 10:37:44 PM »

Mark Lawrenson on 5 live right now. Must have taken a few up the arse over the years at the BBC?

Can't think of any stage of my life where Murray Walker didn't grate

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 11:06:29 PM »

Good:
Cricket - All the Sky team except Botham.
F1 - Martin Brundle
Football - Gary Neville
NFL - Michaels & Collinsworth. Think Rich Gannon is alright in the Sunday Afternoon games too from what little I've seen/heard.

Bad:
Cricket - Ian Botham, Danny Morrison. Could list most India/IPL commentators but they're BCCI puppets, don't know how much of it is their fault.
F1 - Jonathan Legard when it moved from ITV to BBC a few years back
NFL - Jim Nantz & Phil Simms. Someone at EA Sports thought they should commentate on the Madden 16 game, too. WHY?  Angry Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts are pretty poor, too.
Rugby League - Mike Stephenson. Don't think Eddie is great either, but he's by far the better of the two IMO. Magic Weekend is my favourite weekend of the Rugby League season because of alternative commentary as much as anything else.

Honourable mention
To Joe Buck (Only heard him on NFL commentary, I don't watch Baseball) for being the most improved for me. Would've been in the "Bad" section a while back, and it annoys me that he sounds bored to death at times while talking. But the actual words he's saying are pretty interesting, and he's improved a lot over time even if the delivery isn't the best. Although he's not "good" yet, I think he's above average now. Still has the occasional lapse where he sounds disinterested in the on-field action, but that's a huge improvement from a few years ago where he spent large chunks of the game sounding apathetic.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:08:24 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »

McManaman embarrassing himself in this Villareal Liverpool game.

"Should have been a routine away victory"

"Villareal aren't very good"

How ignorant.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »

Good - Bumble - a pleasure to listen to, makes the game accessible to everyone.

Nasser Hussein - very good again

Paul Smith (boxing) - knows what he is on about. Probably the only Scousers accent I can hear without wishing I were deaf.

Jonathon Agnew - technically a commentator but has a voice like honey and a genuinely top chap.

Kumar sangakarra - talk sense and has an ability to explain things in simple terms.

Bad - Danny Morison - possibly the most annoying man on the telebox

Jim Bloody Watt - hates pretty much all British boxers and I hate the way he says panic every 2 seconds.

Carl Froch - great boxer, utterly cack at talking about boxing
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2016, 12:26:03 AM »

Racing: love Hislop, Willoughby, Mellish, Cleary, Neesom, Hoiles, Cunningham, Machin

Dislike Naughton, Morrison and all on ATR except Cooper.

No one mentioned Dave Nevison either way for horses.  He is constantly slated on the bf forum.   Anyone got any views?  Was he really a great judge 15 years ago or just a luck box pro punter who got lucky or is the game just that much tougher nowadays?  He sounds clueless at times on RUK.

Errrr...errrrrrr...errr...

Nevison's opinion is always the favourite is going to win.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 12:29:17 AM »

How ignorant.

He is as bad as Owen for me on BT sport.  They really have signed as badly as Villa this season BT sport pundit wise.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2016, 02:01:08 AM »

How ignorant.

He is an absolute tool. BT really couldn't have picked a more odious bunch.

Best Bitter.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 02:04:09 AM »

Stu - great shout on Sangakarra, such a clever guy with great perspicacity.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2016, 08:18:25 AM »

How ignorant.

Strange man.

He was on the radio in the afternoon doing a preview. He was very knowledgeable respectful and kept stressing how good the yellow subs are at home (true).

He then talked shite on BT sport.

Strange
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »

4 pages and not one mention of Nick Knight - how does he get away with it?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »

4 pages and not one mention of Nick Knight - how does he get away with it?

YES!!!

Smarmy, posh bum licking annoying, useless sod he is.

He also seems to get a wide-on for whichever team England are playing at the time.

And he has no top lip!!

Great shout.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »

Thought Denis Taylor was superb in the evening session of the World Snooker final last night. Really added to the long tactical frames with his insight and tone when predicting snooker attempts and escapes. Some great defensive snooker for long spells not always easy in the eye  but feel it was even better with Denis adding to the tension.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 01:32:01 PM »

Thought Denis Taylor was superb in the evening session of the World Snooker final last night. Really added to the long tactical frames with his insight and tone when predicting snooker attempts and escapes. Some great defensive snooker for long spells not always easy in the eye  but feel it was even better with Denis adding to the tension.

Oddly, whilst it's grand to see Ronnie & Co smashing them in off the lampshade, I really enjoy those long tactical games.

Quite clever how BBC use that graphic to demonstrate likely escape routes, & usually uncannily accurate.

What is your view on this perception that the balls are "skidding" off the cushions at un-natural angles, Phil?

It did seem to be the case to my naïve eyes, & even the very best players seemed flummoxed & exasperated by the whole thing.

Fortunately, it's snooker, not Football, so they don't harangue the Ref or Officials, (nothing degrades football more than the pointless  arguing with the referee), but it does not feel right to me that the table can't be trusted to play as it should.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: