blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  £25k Company Car
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £25k Company Car  (Read 9658 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 01:27:05 AM »

I had a brand new Audi A8 back in 2006 and the lad I was living with at the time had a new M3. His parents were over from Spain for a week and we swapped cars so he could ferry them about.

By the time they went home I was on complete lifetilt, the Audi was such an incredibly nicer car to drive. Granted the A8 is a much different type of car but everything about the Audi was just so much better imo. I suppose I'd have to have driven a 7series for a while to be able to compare more accurately  but meh w/e

The bubble burst and I now have an old Lexus which is pretty reliable and nice to drive, not had any bother out of it in 12months

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 03:39:22 AM »

Ah just reread your post mr pie didn't realise you meant specifically vs the Insignia.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »

I have had an insignia 2.0 CDTi SE for the last year and 30,000 miles with no trouble at all. Would recomend it

As the man said insignia ftw!!

Or you could get an 18 month old 530d M-Sport with c.15k on the clock for about the same money.

The 530 would be worth a lot more in 2 or 3 years when you come to change it again as well and also look a lot better in the car park at work.

Stacks of space for the family, passes as pretty sporty whilst being professional looking for work, decent on fuel and goes like shit off a shovel.

Total no brainer for me but I guess if you've always aspired towards a vauxhall then an insignia it is.

Dont agree here. The new 5 series being the main reason.

actually the introduction of a new model affects residuals on older models much less than you might think.

Is this because the new model's f**king ugly?

Or is it because people can't afford new ones any more which is supporting residuals in the current climate?

The used car market is actually in decline and it was long before the 60 plate.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 04:38:19 AM »

For £25k
I would go for either 2009 q7
or 2008 range rover sport hse don't get the base rr it's chit and don't resell well
or at a push e220 Merc sport Amg pack

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »

I have had an insignia 2.0 CDTi SE for the last year and 30,000 miles with no trouble at all. Would recomend it

Or you could get an 18 month old 530d M-Sport with c.15k on the clock for about the same money.

The 530 would be worth a lot more in 2 or 3 years when you come to change it again as well and also look a lot better in the car park at work.

Stacks of space for the family, passes as pretty sporty whilst being professional looking for work, decent on fuel and goes like shit off a shovel.

Total no brainer for me but I guess if you've always aspired towards a vauxhall then an insignia it is.

actually the introduction of a new model affects residuals on older models much less than you might think.

Or is it because people can't afford new ones any more which is supporting residuals in the current climate?

The used car market has been amazing for the last 2 Years. People will buy, you  just have to have the right stock.

Were very proactive and there are models of BMW where customers who brought 2 years ago are getting 100% of there money back in cash or PX.

2 Years motoring and not lost a penny.

Regards

M

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »

Yeah it's crazy. The 5 door A3 at the minute is also ridiculous. You can sell an 18 month old one for more than you can buy one for from Audi. Surreal.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 10:11:40 PM »

Is that because there's a huge waiting list?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »

The used car market has been amazing for the last 2 Years. People will buy, you  just have to have the right stock.

Were very proactive and there are models of BMW where customers who brought 2 years ago are getting 100% of there money back in cash or PX.

Regards

M

Is this some kind of joke?

Would love to know which model and how much they bought it for 2 years ago.

Just looks like typical BMW salesman talk to me tbh.

It's exactly what the lying f**k told me 2 years ago before my car dropped 14k.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

Test drove an 08 520d m sport touring this morning (cheers mpower) - great drive.

Just got to decide between a touring and a saloon now.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »

Test drove an 08 520d m sport touring this morning (cheers mpower) - great drive.

Just got to decide between a touring and a saloon now.

Good choice mate. Can't go wrong with a 5 series imo for 25k.

Would have to be the saloon for me tbh. Looks much better but if you need the space obv it's the touring ftw.

Have you tried the 525 or 530 as well? The extra 2 cylinders make a big difference.

Might be worth a go just to feel the difference. If performance isn't an issue you'll be fine but I found the 520 just a bit sluggish for my liking. I had come from a 330i though which made a difference.

Whatever you go for you'll love it. Good choice.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »

Regards

M

Do a bit  of research .

A clue 2 X 2008 Cars yesterday @ BCA Derby 1 sold for £53800 the other for £51000 both listed around £49000 New.

One 28000 miles No History the other about 15000 miles.

ps I have never sold Evilpie a car.

Regards

M
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »

nothing against you M power but i got told the same shit by my BMW dealer too and mine dropped 6k in 18 months

you are a car salesman - its in your blood

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »

A clue 2 X 2008 Cars yesterday @ BCA Derby 1 sold for £53800 the other for £51000 both listed around £49000 New.

Wow. Really? E92 M3?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

Do a bit  of research .

ps I have never sold Evilpie a car.

Regards

M

My research was in my previous post where I asked you John. Can't you just tell me?

I'd guess at some kind of special edition M3 or Alpina at that price. Bit cheap for an M5 or M6 special.

I apologise if my previous post made it look like I was calling you a lying f**k btw Smiley I can confirm that you have never sold me a car.

I'll save that comment until my next one that I'll probably get off you in return for entry in to a GUKPT (I'm not as cheap as Scott Wink)

Can you give me an example of a car that has lost lots of money please? Preferrably one that you sold to a customer and then took as px a couple of years later. Or is it impossible for you to say it?

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »

The used car market has been amazing for the last 2 Years. People will buy, you  just have to have the right stock.

Followed by

Do a bit  of research .

Ah ok. I was talking originally about the used car market generally, not a sp/ed 50k car. My mate lost nothing on his Scuderia after 18 months - not really sure it applies to the common used car market tbh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: