blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272647 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 160402 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2015, 11:41:07 PM »

Guess I'm banned from this thread for a month then......

Probably best to just ban you from blonde for a month to be on the safe side Smiley

Do you guys all catch up tomorrow? Not sure where you are yet?

Gutted... Thought we might be in for a new ep Cheesy

Last of the leaked episodes tomorrow.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

nods and references in the books including Batman, Blackadder and the Muppets.

http://observationdeck.io9.com/references-and-homages-in-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-1701526410
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2015, 04:29:12 PM »

Poor Sansa Sad

Blue text
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2015, 05:04:56 PM »

Poor Sansa Sad

Hope 'Reek' guts him!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2015, 05:11:36 PM »

Poor Sansa Sad

Hope 'Reek' guts him!

Never liked Theon as a character but I was screaming for him to finally lose his rag and hulk smash. Or of course Sansa to have some hidden pointy thing to stab him with.

Ramsey really has replaced Joffrey in that regard, nasty bugger.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »

Poor Sansa Sad

Hope 'Reek' guts him!

Never liked Theon as a character but I was screaming for him to finally lose his rag and hulk smash. Or of course Sansa to have some hidden pointy thing to stab him with.

This is one of those shoes that is brilliant but certain things really make me not want to watch it anymore, this was one of those things. Probably just me but I just don't see the need for it, surely we all know by now he is as horrible as they come, but did they really have to go down this avenue? Maybe I'm to precious about these things and it's just a entertainment show but I'm a bit angry about it. That being said I thought they way the Queen mother has stitched up the Queen was fantastic and totally the sort of thing that she would do, now her dad is dead she has even more power and she now how to use it.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2015, 01:23:55 PM »

Poor Sansa Sad

Hope 'Reek' guts him!

This is one of those shoes that is brilliant but certain things really make me not want to watch it anymore, this was one of those things. Probably just me but I just don't see the need for it, surely we all know by now he is as horrible as they come, but did they really have to go down this avenue? Maybe I'm to precious about these things and it's just a entertainment show but I'm a bit angry about it. That being said I thought they way the Queen mother has stitched up the Queen was fantastic and totally the sort of thing that she would do, now her dad is dead she has even more power and she now how to use it.

I think it wasn't to show how nasty Ramsey is (we all know that) but how quickly Sansa's 'new found power' or status as a 'player in the game' can be ripped away from her.

Divergent from the books, yes. But actually pretty chilling and sets up the rest of their arc really nicely.

edit: and Cercei has absolutely ironed the Queen there. incredible. she's playing chess whilst everyone else playing chequers. Except Littlefinger, maybe...
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Lots of people were upset by that scene, and while I completely understand why, I just don't get how anyone can make it through five seasons and still be sensitive to it. GOT is literally the most violent, sexual and violent sexual show ever made, I would have assumed those who are offended by that would have stopped watching last season with the Jamie Lannister scene. I'd have assumed everyone who made it to this season would not be offended by this stuff.

It was awful to watch, but sometimes art has to make you uncomfortable. To quote George R R Martin:

"An artist has an obligation to tell the truth. My novels are epic fantasy, but they are inspired by and grounded in history. Rape and sexual violence have been a part of every war ever fought, from the ancient Sumerians to our present day. To omit them from a narrative centered on war and power would have been fundamentally false and dishonest, and would have undermined one of the themes of the books: that the true horrors of human history derive not from orcs and Dark Lords, but from ourselves. We are the monsters. (And the heroes too). Each of us has within himself the capacity for great good, and great evil."

Of coursed, lets not forget, it has dragons in it too.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2015, 01:41:41 PM »

uncomfortable viewing for sure, but seemed completely in keeping with the story and the characters to me.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

Interesting that the Sansa story has deviated so far from the books. not the biggest fan of that, but the actual programme remains as excellent as ever

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »

Id only just watched the episode when i posted and now ive had time to have a think about it i can see how its not that bad, they could have made that scene alot worse than it was and it was probably done in the most tasteful way. Another reason why its a great programme, really plays with your emotions.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2015, 02:07:21 PM »

I think it wasn't to show how nasty Ramsey is (we all know that) but how quickly Sansa's 'new found power' or status as a 'player in the game' can be ripped away from her.

Disagree with this.

If anything it shows Sansa is more willing to play the game as she went knowingly into that situation. She'll come out of this stronger imo.

Blue text
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »

Wait till the Daily Mail gets hold of a copy of Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

Interesting that the Sansa story has deviated so far from the books. not the biggest fan of that, but the actual programme remains as excellent as ever

Just started with the books recently so no spoilers on deviations please Smiley

Martin does talk about the butterfly effect of minor changes but says he's happy that he's writing the best books he can, they're making the best show they can, and they'll end up in the same place.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »

Disagree with this.

If anything it shows Sansa is more willing to play the game as she went knowingly into that situation. She'll come out of this stronger imo.

That's actually true. Or at least, it could be. Definitely a valid interpretation. She entered the marriage 'knowing' it wouldn't be comfortable, but did she know it was that bad? I guess the 'this is my home, you can't frighten me' bit supports this for sure.

I guess we'll find out Wink
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: