blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272696 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 161213 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2015, 07:21:13 AM »

Incredibly sad, and something that could easily have been prevented.

Craziness.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2015, 09:01:40 AM »

kinda meh i thought.

Not sure what some of you lot are watching for if you thought that episode was meh? I don't understand what your expectations were/are if you didn't enjoy that.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »

Fistpumping pretty hard at the end!!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »

I felt like it was very predictable.

The girl was seemingly alwyas going to die. Khalessi was never in trouble and the dragon was always going to
Come to her rescue. Dragon was more hurt by the spheres than I would have imagined.

No development with Cersei. Little action with the wildings. Little action with Jamie.
I think this felt like an episode 5 rather than an episode

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 08, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »

The girl was seemingly alwyas going to die. Khalessi was never in trouble and the dragon was always going to
Come to her rescue. Dragon was more hurt by the spheres than I would have imagined.

No development with Cersei. Little action with the wildings. Little action with Jamie.

Can you predict how ep 10 will end? They have telegraphed over and over the big event at the end of the book but they are hyping it by saying it's going to blow up the internet so maybe they're going to completely change it.

I agree that this was the worst ever ep 9

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:28:16 PM by byronkincaid » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »

thought the drogon/daenarys scene in the fighting pit was excellent. tyrion's expression very fine understated acting

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »

Actually agree with all of this, though I still enjoyed the episode very much. It says something in GOT when the shocking part is that I was shocked Khaleesi, Tyrion, Jorah and the Khaleesis bloke all survived.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2015, 09:12:49 AM »

Seems I was wrong and Stannis WAS prepared to cross that line. His wife, who's always loathed her daughter bottled it at the end, and his men in attendance were far from impressed/motivated by it. Ser Davos is going to go spare when he gets back. The promise of as many men as he needs when he takes the throne won't impress Jon Snow. He needs them now. I'm wondering if we're going to see Ser Davos put an end to Stannis and his Red Woman and all the men join the defense of the wall now, or take Winterfell first then defend the north from there.

Where were Dani's Unsullied when that was all kicking off? She's certainly learning a lot from her practice run at ruling a kingdom. By the time she gets to Westeros she'll be a dab hand.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »

thought the drogon/daenarys scene in the fighting pit was excellent. tyrion's expression very fine understated acting

Agree, I thought Dario played a blinder in the scene also

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2015, 01:43:11 AM »

Actually agree with all of this, though I still enjoyed the episode very much. It says something in GOT when the shocking part is that I was shocked Khaleesi, Tyrion, Jorah and the Khaleesis bloke all survived.

When she legged it on her dragon(all for one and oh fuck it, I'm off, sod you lot), the rest of them were still surrounded by baddies.
 No doubt they will all be safe when we next see them even though they were still totally outnumbered.

There were plenty of Unsullied about, but they don't seem to be the fighting machines we were initially introduced to. Much like a new WWE wrestler that appears invincible to start with, somehow over time, anyone can beat them!

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2015, 06:14:04 AM »

When she legged it on her dragon(all for one and oh fuck it, I'm off, sod you lot), the rest of them were still surrounded by baddies.
 No doubt they will all be safe when we next see them even though they were still totally outnumbered.

There were plenty of Unsullied about, but they don't seem to be the fighting machines we were initially introduced to. Much like a new WWE wrestler that appears invincible to start with, somehow over time, anyone can beat them!

The crowd that surrounded them had scattered when the dragon appeared so they wont be anywhere near surrounded now.  Also a lot of them died/fled the scene, since their main reason for being there is to kill Dany, once she has gone on her dragon theyre probably gonna go back into hiding rather than stay to try to slaughter the remainder of the unsullied etc

The show is mugging off the unsullied pretty good but tbf, theyre trained for the battlefield mostly and theyre getting surprised attacks in greater numbers all over the place.  Like we havent seen any of them get killed in 1on1 combat, its mostly stabbed from behind by a 2nd, 3rd or 4th attacker.  Also Dany took all of the unsullied including the ones who's training wasnt complete, cant remember if they spoke numbers in the episode but someone told me that of the total unsullied she has, only around 20% of them are fully trained and blooded.  Obv it doesnt work out well here with this big attack but it probs makes more sense to have the lesser trained soldiers doing security at the arena where they dont expect something like that to happen and save the better trained ones for the eventual travel to westeros

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »

Good summaries.

Thought the dragon would have been more fierce and wiped out the lot of them with some collateral damage along the way.

The final scene where she got on and flew off reminded me too much of the film the never ending story that i watched a million times when i was a kid.

It all felt a bit dissappointing and obvious to me. It wasnt GOT enough.

Looking forward to the finale though.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2015, 05:59:19 AM »

Good summaries.

Thought the dragon would have been more fierce and wiped out the lot of them with some collateral damage along the way.

The final scene where she got on and flew off reminded me too much of the film the never ending story that i watched a million times when i was a kid.

It all felt a bit dissappointing and obvious to me. It wasnt GOT enough.

Looking forward to the finale though.

Thought the same at 1st but saw a few things pointing out that the dragons are around 3-4 years old and should live for around 200 years.  They wont be fully grown or mature until theyre around 50 where they will grow to like 4x its current size, its skin/scales will grow tougher and stronger, itll be able to breathe fire more consistently and itll be smarter.  Its effectively still a child.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »

Lol @ boba.

A couple of slightly worrying posts.

Must admit the Dragon did feel like I had seen it in something 20 years ago and the CGI could have been better.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »

GOT as reported by Fox News

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: