blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 257064 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: August 08, 2013, 06:39:29 AM »

Dad you played a blinder. You've always been my father, but tonight you were 'father' to the whole of Blonde.

You showed great heart, determination, guile and guts. If first place went to the best player at the table on the night it would have gone to you. I'm so happy this blog is here for you to look back on and relive the experience.

Well played big guy.

Ed, can I be your brother?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 08, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »

There was soo much win in this thread yesterday! From Ian's early morning post which must have cheered up all those who read it, through to his assault on the ft, bashing up Mr two pair and just general Rolfing.

Thank you Mr Gas you made my day! Wp and ul sir!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:41 AM »

What an incredible day! Really enjoyed the virtual rail of this tourney start to finish. A real shame that it ended like it did, but what a fantastic result.

I have really enjoyed your open personal expression of the enjoyment of this trip. Hopefully you and Ed can keep us entertained some more in the not to distant future

WPWP

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 08, 2013, 09:36:50 AM »

Massive thanks again to all those who railed be it here, on the stream or on the updates. A special mention and a house point must go to Alex Goulder for flying out to Galway especially.

Before this blog fades into the background until the next adventure I thought I'd leave you with a few gems from the Father / a bit of a highlights reel:

4th August, and Ian clearly hates poker:

It's very clear I have the nut worst personality for cash games.
Emotional,poor concentration, easily distracted, tell box, predictable, poor analytical skills,like Guinness , the money doesn't matter, play when tired, I am a friggin disaster and yet repeatedly get drawn to the games like a magnet. Last night I lost all the winnings of the week so far getting it all in with QQ when it was SO OBVIOUS he had aces. I called just to satisfy I had made the correct read and because I couldn't lay it down in case he had AK.
    Did the same later with JJ where he did have AK and of course he spiked. Finally did another buy in overplaying AQ on a queen high board where I have the button and all he had was a straight on the river.

A few hours into the comp and Ian is on the ropes, but there's a glimmer of hope:

Butchering hands for fun,bleeding chips, missing flops, taking lines that make no sense.....just another normal comp for me.
   No worries,I have a dream. Make day 2 and play it in a ' I love Galway T.Shirt'.

The light at the end of the tunnel becomes a little brighter:

Flopping for fun. Up to 110k. Table on tilt.
       Stay calm Ian. Stay calm Ian. Stay calm Ian. Dreaming of a new T.Shirt.

The man just #lovesthegame:

For example what shall I wear? DTD T.Shirt? Galway T.Shirt ? I have a nice little Bob Marley number as well as a 'smashed again' choice of floral or Ed Hardy Gangsta '.All totally ridiculous for a mature man of my age. You see planet poker is just my alternative universe where I can pretend I am 22 and I love it. I just LOVE IT.

Ian briefly questions himself:

Just bottled a good spot.Started to rep and bottled on the turn. Come on Ian,where's your heart !

Ian regains his 'composure':

Chip leader mothers

He's back:

Click to see full-size image.

He's out, but perhaps a little happier than on the evening of the 4th August:

I have had the most amazing fun. Pretty pissed off it had to end with a Gascoigne brain fart with 55. But eventually your natural personality just has to come through. With 4 left I was so obviously the 4th best player. High light was obviously the massive bluff hand. Steve O'dwyer said it was just awesome and seeing as he is some kind of sick superstar I was happy to take that.

If I had held my head a bit longer who knows? It gave me immense pride to think people were actually bothering to watch the stream.

I don't think he'll be quitting poker any time soon.

Well played Dad.

Allez!!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: August 08, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »

Very well played Ian.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 08, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »

I'm a little sad that it's over but it's been a great ride with some wonderful posts.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 08, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

I'm a little sad that it's over but it's been a great ride with some wonderful posts.

Yes same here. For the last 2 days I've been on a building site with loads of hassle going on all around me. The updates really made a difference to my days. Back to watching builder sucking their teeth and scratching their balls.

Ah! The element of surprise
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 08, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »

Yes same here. For the last 2 days I've been on a building site with loads of hassle going on all around me. The updates really made a difference to my days. Back to watching builder sucking their teeth and scratching their balls.

Better than the other way round, I suppose.

I hate the sound of teeth being scratched.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »

But ball sucking is ok? You do surprise me Tal. Wink

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 08, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »

"I don't think he'll be quitting poker any time soon"

Mitch is already at the airport eagerly awaiting Ian's arrival. Wink
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »

Bit of blue for the dads

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 08, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »

Bit of blue for the dads

I haven't a clue what that means Tal lol

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 08, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »

Bit of blue for the dads

I haven't a clue what that means Tal lol

It's an old Peter Kay reference. He would always end a slightly smutty joke with that line.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 08, 2013, 12:35:43 PM »

What an absolute legend, was a great performance and was really hoping you'd win. Safe trip home and once again well played, one for the good guys
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 08, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »

Absolutely incredible! Wp Ian.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: