blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:36:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Stuart Hall, 15 months.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Hall, 15 months.  (Read 13146 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:10 PM »

Exact what I thought. The girls parents need to take decent amount of the responsibility IMO
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »

ya but in this moron infested world, no one has to take any responsibility even when they do something.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »

Mine was to Camel
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »

mine was to myself, nothing to see here, move along please.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2013, 11:01:21 PM »

went to that school

live about a mile away from it now

without going into to much detail the family have to take a fair amount of the blame from what i can tell
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »

The thing here though is 15 is way below the law. It's illegal for a teacher (or any other position of trust professions) to have sexual relations with any pupil under the age of 18, not 16. Whether it is consensual or not doesn't change this, although obviously if it wasn't consensual then you'd be looking at a rape charge.

Blue text
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2013, 06:09:34 AM »

ya but in this moron infested world, no one has to take any responsibility even when they do something.

I was going to say something like, he is taking responsibility because he's going to jail, but then realised that obviously that was bollocks.

All along I've wondered why he didn't plead guilty, and I still can't work it out.

He took her to France and as she was underage then consent was irrelevant.
Similarly he must have known that pleading not guilty would mean it would come out that they were definitely having sex.
And he was her teacher so it's a massively illegal abuse of trust and taking advantage of his position of authority, plus he knew she was particularly vulnerable when it all started which would also come out from pleading not guilty.

And that's even before you add on the testimony from his wife who he had only recently married when it started  to make him generally look like a bit of a douchebag.

His only defence seems to be that he thought she was going to commit suicide so he was basically 'looking after' her, which as well as being a bit shaky isn't really even a defence - it's mitigation at best.

All in all I find it completely bizarre that he pleaded not guilty -  but being a moron who just couldn't admit he was in the wrong would explain it.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2013, 07:39:35 AM »

The thing here though is 15 is way below the law. It's illegal for a teacher (or any other position of trust professions) to have sexual relations with any pupil under the age of 18, not 16. Whether it is consensual or not doesn't change this, although obviously if it wasn't consensual then you'd be looking at a rape charge.

Can you link to where it says it's illegal for a teacher to have sex with a 16 year old?

Also, sex with a 15 year old cannot be consensual in the eyes of the law, because the 15 year old is below the age of consent.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »

Man got 12 months for breaking into his ex birds flat, and stole her lingerie. Seems fair, given Stuart hall got 15 months.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »

Can you link to where it says it's illegal for a teacher to have sex with a 16 year old?

Also, sex with a 15 year old cannot be consensual in the eyes of the law, because the 15 year old is below the age of consent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Offences_(Amendment)_Act_2000

Obviously not relevant in this case but I was doing teacher training around that time so I remember it being mentioned - but the only advice or training we were given was around not leaving yourself open to false allegations; I think it was pretty much just assumed that you didn't have to give any training to tell people it was wrong to actually do anything.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »

Obviously not relevant in this case but I was doing teacher training around that time so I remember it being mentioned - but the only advice or training we were given was around not leaving yourself open to false allegations; I think it was pretty much just assumed that you didn't have to give any training to tell people it was wrong to actually do anything.

It's worth mentioning in training because you could end up in a sixth form college where the pupils are 16+. I mean it should still pretty obviously be a no-no but perhaps it's not quite as obviously wrong as if you were in a secondary school.

Blue text
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2013, 09:10:47 AM »

It's worth mentioning in training because you could end up in a sixth form college where the pupils are 16+. I mean it should still pretty obviously be a no-no but perhaps it's not quite as obviously wrong as if you were in a secondary school.

So is it only if the child is a student in your class?  If you're a teacher that doesn't teach that student are you still in a 'position of trust'?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2013, 09:28:21 AM »

So is it only if the child is a student in your class?  If you're a teacher that doesn't teach that student are you still in a 'position of trust'?

In the school/college at all.

Blue text
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »

Just the 5.5 years...
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:08 PM »

The whole thing is ridiculous.

He got one year for the abduction (an abduction where the 'victim' willingly went along of her own accord), and 5 and a half for the sex with a 15 year old, which was something which only sprung up today for 'legal reasons' - the legal reasons being that this isn't even an offence in France so couldn't be used as the basis for the international arrest warrant to bring him back.

When the appeal was made in France for people to be on the lookout for them, they couldn't understand what the problem was.

Yes, he did wrong, and certainly shouldn't ever be a teacher again, but four times worse than Stuart Hall, who abused a string of young girls, including a nine year old?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: