blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:58:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Good idea/bad idea?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good idea/bad idea?  (Read 5190 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 12:00:36 PM »

opponents timing tell too I meant.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »

I really disagree that this spot as a stnd polarises your hand to  or AIR Huh? If you have a built a range here then surely 2/3/4th nut flushes + cool merge combos like  x or even  ....

I dont think that overshove bluffing/value betting is +EV at all in spots where you're polarized.

Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 01:52:55 PM »

just spotted a mistake in my last post, I added up AA KK QQ 44 to 24 when it's infact 15 on the flop.

Yeah I just ruled out so many hands n the flop once he checks, and thinking about it he can't just check fold that flop the majority of the time, he has to bet more hands. However he may also pot control with top pair which I disregarded.

I guess you need more reads on his post flop play to determine whether this is going to work most the time.

BTW whats the formula for working out what % you need your opponent to fold to make the bluff profitable? ie how did you get to >72%?
Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 04:18:20 PM »

tytyty

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »

Pros

- We have showdown value against 22/3x/4x
- We win ~$130 if he folds

Cons

- We have showdown value against 22/3x/4x
- We lose $377.50 if he calls

loled really hard at this lols

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 02:55:46 PM »

u bluffed ahahahahhahahahahahahahah

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »

I really disagree that this spot as a stnd polarises your hand to  or AIR Huh? If you have a built a range here then surely 2/3/4th nut flushes + cool merge combos like  x or even  ....

I dont think that overshove bluffing/value betting is +EV at all in spots where you're polarized.

Generally I think with overbet river dynamic it starts with doing it for valuetown, when your opponent knows you can do it for value you balance it with bluffs and when your opponent knows you can do it with a bluff you can do it for thin value. Some time after that you do it for merge/metagame. If I think a player is reasonably good I skip to step 2 but I think it's a bit FPS to start doing it for very thin value vs a relative unknown. To answer your question with Xx5-9h on the river my first thought would be to bet and I would think about the board and how I want to bet my entire range, which in this case I think I would want to bet 0.9x-1.5x pot. Unfortunately this did not occur to me during the hand Sad

Thats really cool. I wish i was better at poker lol

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 02:47:10 AM »

Generally I think with overbet river dynamic it starts with doing it for valuetown, when your opponent knows you can do it for value you balance it with bluffs and when your opponent knows you can do it with a bluff you can do it for thin value. Some time after that you do it for merge/metagame. If I think a player is reasonably good I skip to step 2 but I think it's a bit FPS to start doing it for very thin value vs a relative unknown. To answer your question with Xx5-9h on the river my first thought would be to bet and I would think about the board and how I want to bet my entire range, which in this case I think I would want to bet 0.9x-1.5x pot. Unfortunately this did not occur to me during the hand Sad

i wish i was james keys

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 03:09:07 AM »

You dudes need to start speaking fecking English.............
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »

Agreed an i would call if im the other guy...........
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 08:35:56 AM »

Seeing as how he had the nuts I'm inclined to believe you.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 10:33:39 AM »

i wish i was james keys

+1,000,000

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »

AGREED
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: