blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  staking request
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: staking request  (Read 6939 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »

i am looking at getting some small stake staking in some MTTs on any site.
i noramally play on pokerstars though i have skypoker and DtD on my laptop and have a few accounts on other sites i havent used in a few years

my opr isnt impressive i have only played 1995 games (including recent 45 man turbos) with an roi of only 11%

http://officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/Ironside/poker/ratings/92495458630E4C7EA108FB8418406736.html?t=3

but the fields sizes of the MTTs i play because of low stakes are huge not included in my OPR is the fact i won a supernova freeoll for $12.1k
and the fact i use Fpps to sat into bigger events

i am looking at one off events or a set number of events or even a long time staking with make up

i play best with upto 4 tables open at a time but can play upto 6 at a time

the varaince on stars at these stakes is huge so i am happy to move onto another site with smaller fields if any staker would prefer
i am also open to some coaching if the staker thinks i require some
thanks for any intrest if no intrest then no problem

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »

Of course there will be interest, Iron!

Can you tell us a little more as to what size (buy in) Tourneys you wish to play, how many, etc.,?

Obviously, coaching (from me) would not be appropriate.

I don't "serial-stake", do "long-term staking", or have "horses", but if you put up a specific schedule, with a known spend, you'll be supported by myself & others, I'm pretty sure.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

Of course there will be interest, Iron!

Can you tell us a little more as to what size (buy in) Tourneys you wish to play, how many, etc.,?

Obviously, coaching (from me) would not be appropriate.

I don't "serial-stake", do "long-term staking", or have "horses", but if you put up a specific schedule, with a known spend, you'll be supported by myself & others, I'm pretty sure.

cheers tikay i norally stick to comps around the 1-11$ mark i havent played in a few weeks so will look at a scheudle and see how it goes

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »

Here is potential tournaments on all the major sites, I've put this together for you, hopefully you can choose 5-12 tournaments per night and blondes can punt.

stars

7.00 22 15k gtd
7.30 8r 2x  LATE REG
7.45 22 6max
7.45 27.50 6max
8.00 big 11
8.15 20cubed
8.30 51r1a
8.30 3r
8.45 16.50 6max
9.00 big 55
9.15 5.50 12k
9.30 27 knockout
9.45 11r action hour

microgaming

8.30 16.50 rebuy
9.30 22 2nd chance

.fr

7.00 3r
8.00 10cubed
8.15 20 3k gtd
8.30 506max
9.15 5r
10.0 10 5k gtd

ongame

7.30 54 6max
8.00 5r 15k gtd
8.20 11 rehab 16k gtd
8.30 33 6max
9.15 22 4.5k gtd

ipoker

8.00 55 10k gtd
8.00 33 15k gtd
8.30 10 5k gtd
9.00 15cubed 15k gtd

party

8.00 10r 10k gtd
8.45 20 6max 5k gtd
9.35 55 6max
1000 55 10k gtd

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »

Tony always a gentlemen helping out    Smiley

Iron..rather than looking at a schedule and" seeing how it goes" I think you will have more success if you define what it is you are looking for .

For example .... do you want somebody to 100 % stake you in tournaments and you take a percentage ?  if so how much ?

Do you want to play a daily schedule daily and you put up a percentage of the money ?...If so what level of games /maybe but a sched together etc ?

By putting a request together that's more transparant and tangible you will probably have more feedback

Hope this helps...

PS....Pleno1   beat me to it  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:58:09 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »

Good stuff by Patrick & Fraser.

Note that Iron stated.....

the varaince on stars at these stakes is huge so i am happy to move onto another site with smaller fields if any staker would prefer

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »

Iron,

Are you looking for the long term grind or the short term big score?

If more long term then why not play turbo MTTs mixed in with 180's or just go to 180s?

Even I have a >100% ROI at the 2.50s (massively small sample size lol) which kinda says how easy they are.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

pleno those events are intresting but i would never ask for staking in events as big as that as i have no experiance in them

as i say i normally play upto $11 freeze and $5 rebuy and although no finals in any $11 freezeouts i feel i am playing well in them and will it some soon

i have had 4 or 5 FTs in 3 and 5 rebuys and i know i can do them if people would be happy me playing bigger than i have played regularly then i would be

fine with it but as long as they knew i havent had the hands i have at small stakes

fun4frazer ideally i would like some sort of long term deal as what profit i have made from poker has been spent on none poker fun like lap dancers which i think are are a bigger priority, i havent played much poker live or online for a cpl of years now due to ill health but currently i am getting back into shape and want to get back into poker so i can win the world and visit more lap dance establishments
but i am also happy to take shot for people while i try and get some funds online again

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »

Iron,

Are you looking for the long term grind or the short term big score?

If more long term then why not play turbo MTTs mixed in with 180's or just go to 180s?

Even I have a >100% ROI at the 2.50s (massively small sample size lol) which kinda says how easy they are.

i am just looking to getting back into poker either with a long term deal or some short term hits poker used to keep me in house 5-6 nights a week currently i am out 7 nights a week and not enjoying being out the house most nights

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »

Personally, I think you should stick to $5/£5 or $11/£11, you are and would be uncomfy at higher.

I would deffo invest, but I would not commit to any long-term, or "permanent" deal, but I would invest on a night by night, or week by week basis.

If you go that route, save me a bit, please, as I shall be offline all of this evening.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »

Personally, I think you should stick to $5/£5 or $11/£11, you are and would be uncomfy at higher.

I would deffo invest, but I would not commit to any long-term, or "permanent" deal, but I would invest on a night by night, or week by week basis.

If you go that route, save me a bit, please, as I shall be offline all of this evening.

yeah cheers tony, i also think its better i stick at the lower limits not because i feel uncomfy but because thats where i have knowledge and experince after all i have played upto £1k with you live so its not the buy in that would make me feel uncomfy just where i have the knowledge and would be better for any backer and i dont want to let any backers think i might be value at $55 when i wouldnt know myself if i am or not

i will look through the sites tonight and the lobbys and come up with something like plenos schedule but at smaller stakes

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »

Good OP. This is an example of a good staking thread, link to results, honesty about motivation and realistic expectations. Not interested myself in staking at this level but best of luck. One observation: why don't you focus on low stakes Omaha+O8 tournaments? You seem confident enough to post in PHA threads on these games and your results are much better, albeit over a smaller sample. Also, these tournaments are lower variance and even easier to beat at low stakes than holdem mtts due to the nature of the game. Best of luck whatever you do.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »

If it's nothing above $11 and not too often I don't mind lumping a few quid in for 50/50 with MU.

I wouldn't look at investing too much but a few hundred $$$ for the chance of a bink is no problem at all.

I wouldn't want a volume monster who plays 50 tournaments a night because I don't like to see MU get out of control.

How often would you want to play? You thinking $50 of tournaments a few times a week or were you wanting to play every day?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »

Good OP. This is an example of a good staking thread, link to results, honesty about motivation and realistic expectations. Not interested myself in staking at this level but best of luck. One observation: why don't you focus on low stakes Omaha+O8 tournaments? You seem confident enough to post in PHA threads on these games and your results are much better, albeit over a smaller sample. Also, these tournaments are lower variance and even easier to beat at low stakes than holdem mtts due to the nature of the game. Best of luck whatever you do.

you have a good point about 08 i love the game only problem is that there is not enough volume of them for me to have 4 open at a time at levels i can afford i kept my supernova status on stars for over a year playing mainly hi lo limit cash i have often thought of playing hi lo but pot and limit mtts but to keep enough tables open i would have to move up the stakes as the $11r and the 22$ have always been out of my range

i might have a look into seeing if i can find a schedule of O8 games over various sites as i do feel i have a good edge at the game

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »

you have a good point about 08 i love the game only problem is that there is not enough volume of them for me to have 4 open at a time at levels i can afford i kept my supernova status on stars for over a year playing mainly hi lo limit cash i have often thought of playing hi lo but pot and limit mtts but to keep enough tables open i would have to move up the stakes as the $11r and the 22$ have always been out of my range

i might have a look into seeing if i can find a schedule of O8 games over various sites as i do feel i have a good edge at the game

i still believe i am better at flushy at the game we had some massive debates on it 7 years ago on thm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: