blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2569208 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #16230 on: July 30, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »

Dogs are just so so so so frickin awesome. and

They are clever, loving, loyal, obedient.

If you get a dog from when it's a pup, train it, love it and care for it I'm sure within no time you realise they are the nuts and infact cats are a little bit evil!

100% This.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16231 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »

Not a great pic, but this little lad is irresistible

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #16232 on: July 30, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

How can you not love 'em  Grin
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16233 on: July 30, 2013, 01:37:21 PM »

After playing open face chinese for 17 hours straight, I said "I think we've got a gambling problem boys". Stato, head in hands, half asleep said "I don't. I've got a sleeping problem. Because I can't stop gambling."

I've never thought of myself as addicted to no limit holdem. I've never woken up and instantly started playing. I've never had any trouble taking time off, and do so often. I miss it after a few days, but I never need to play. I feel that I've always had a pretty balanced life style overall, and that playing poker never dominated my life, though I guess it's close at times.

However, No limit holdem has taken a back seat lately. All my thoughts and efforts are on Open Face Chinese. And I'm absolutely addicted.

I woke up yesterday around 3pm and must have taken my turn on one of my games on the app within 5 minutes. The time I was in the shower was the longest I went without taking a turn. It's 8am now and we've just finished a live game in the living room (Me, Stato, Ben and Fred) that lasted 10 hours, and I was playing for about 7 hours before then on the app.

It's the next big thing I think. Would be so epic if they ran games at DTD.

The variation we play is 7 cards, passing two with two jokers, £1 a point, which doesn't sound much, but 4 handed and with Fantasy Land (AND liberal rules to retrigger) it plays pretty big. Everyone had >500 point swings at some point.

My only swinging was up pretty much, I had 6 fantasy land retriggers on the bounce, one of them was this little beaut.

Click to see full-size image.

44 points in royalties (we play quads 12) and a fantasy land retrigger. Very nice Cool

Felt like one of the most degenerate days of my life, a day in which 10 minutes didn't go by where I didn't "gamble" in some way. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It sounds like I'm bragging, like I think it's cool. I don't. It's just kinda crazy. It makes me wonder what life would be like if I didn't gamble. Sometimes I find it so mentally exhausting winning/losing money every day. Chance and luck play such a huge part of day to day life, what would it be like to have a steady income, where your expectation remained constant throughout each day? I've forgotten what life was like before I gambled. I see a huge separation between myself and and any of my non-poker friends. I wouldn't say that I was "close" with anyone outside the poker world anymore except for Victoria.

Anyway, it's 1pm now I need more sleep.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16234 on: July 30, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »

Oh I must tell the story of the spider. This had us in absolute hysterics.

During an OFC toilet break, I found a large (dead) spider outside my room and decide to play a prank on Ben and place it in between his chips so that next time he'd riffle his chips he'd find it. Anyway he busted me and put the spider in a coke can (there were several on the table).

An hour later I feel my arm splattered with coke, and PJ running to the sink. He'd drank from the wrong coke can Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #16235 on: July 30, 2013, 01:48:31 PM »

I'm interested to know if  you think any of you have an edge in this game?  Or if anyone involved is running away with some kind of lead?
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #16236 on: July 30, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »

You here this game mentioned every where now, I wonder if it could really be the "new big thing".
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #16237 on: July 30, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »

During an OFC toilet break, I found a large (dead) spider outside my room and decide to play a prank on Ben and place it in between his chips so that next time he'd riffle his chips he'd find it. Anyway he busted me and put the spider in a coke can (there were several on the table).

An hour later I feel my arm splattered with coke, and PJ running to the sink. He'd drank from the wrong coke can Cheesy

PMSL ! By the way , which Ben u talking about ?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16238 on: July 30, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »

Dover, do you know him?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #16239 on: July 30, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »

My guess would be Vinson if OFC is involved

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #16240 on: July 30, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »

You here this game mentioned every where now, I wonder if it could really be the "new big thing".

It certainly won't be played online in the same way that hold em is.  As its a solvable game, bots and collusion would be too big a risk and most reputable sites, from what I've read, don't want the headache.  I think its a game that has to be played live for there to be a reduced chance of cheating.  Not sure if this game will ever make it online in the same way that hold 'em did, but it does have potential to hit the live scene pretty hard imo.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:56:44 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16241 on: July 30, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »

Dogs are just so so so so frickin awesome. and

They are clever, loving, loyal, obedient.

If you get a dog from when it's a pup, train it, love it and care for it I'm sure within no time you realise they are the nuts and infact cats are a little bit evil!

100% This.

Cats are snakes with fur!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16242 on: July 30, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »

Dobson I think

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16243 on: July 30, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »

Yar Ben Dobson. He sort of lives in our house now. Eats our food, wears our clothes etc. He says he's sorted another place but he's pretty happy where he is apparently Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #16244 on: July 30, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »

Yar Ben Dobson. He sort of lives in our house now. Eats our food, wears our clothes etc. He says he's sorted another place but he's pretty happy where he is apparently Cheesy

Did he shared ur boxers aswell? ISSSSSITTTTTT
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: