blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT at the Vic - Day 1a Live Update - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT at the Vic - Day 1a Live Update - Interactive  (Read 41160 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2006, 02:31:10 AM »

Breaking News!!!!!

Ali Mallu has stolen some of my sour apple pips.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2006, 02:36:52 AM »

A quick note on Johnny Lodden.

Considering he plays every single one of these EPT events, he doesn't seem to win all that much, and you rarely witness him make the final table. (In fact, I don't recall one EPT that I've been to where he finalled.)

This is where the big bucks lie, yet he's not getting there. True, he has the ability to amass a huge amount of chips, but he also stuggles to hold onto them, often losing them by the bundle at the latter stages. So whilst his agressive chip-getter go style makes him a fearsome player, does it make him better than the players who keep a lower profile, yet still make the final table of these EPT events?

We are talking about a very small sample, i think the $10m+ in his poker account tells us he knows a thing or 2.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
better than hellmuth

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2006, 02:41:03 AM »

I've spoken to Stuart about those two hands, the showing of the AK was actually meant to signify that it was a weak hand and try and tilt his opponent. And as the for the KQ vs TT hand against I think Mick Cook who is now OUT, Stu said Mick had re-raised him 4 times previously when he had raised and he had decided to push, tough call to make with tens, but I think if they'd both seen the J-T-9 flop, all the chips may well have gone in anyway.

Now we are on the final level of the night. 63 players left on 7 tables. Blinds are now 400/800 with a 100 ante. 31,400 is the average stack.

What did i say setting him up for later

'Its good poker now'
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2006, 02:46:43 AM »

i fancy ali mallu in this competition chronically (abrv of the word chronic)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2006, 02:47:07 AM »

Considering he plays every single one of these EPT events, he doesn't seem to win all that much, and you rarely witness him make the final table. (In fact, I don't recall one EPT that I've been to where he finalled.)

This is where the big bucks lie, yet he's not getting there. True, he has the ability to amass a huge amount of chips, but he also stuggles to hold onto them, often losing them by the bundle at the latter stages. So whilst his agressive chip-getter go style makes him a fearsome player, does it make him better than the players who keep a lower profile, yet still make the final table of these EPT events?

We are talking about a very small sample, i think the $10m+ in his poker account tells us he knows a thing or 2.

I thought that was because his dad owned Norway or something
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2006, 02:47:29 AM »

Lodden is showing no sign of putting on the brakes - he just casually re-raised Ramdin under-the-gun pre-flop raise of 3.6k to to 7.6k.

Ramdin folded quicker than the speed of light. (That's very quick, Kev)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2006, 02:54:36 AM »

You'd think Mickey Wernick would be pretty happy getting from 675 to 10.2k in a couple of hands. Well you'd be wrong. Very wrong.

A button raise to 3.6k followed by a call from the small blind, was met by all-in from The Worm, for 6.4k more, both called and then checked the  down where Mickey's pocket 10's were enough to scoop the pot against the  of the raiser with the SB mucking, putting him above 30k now. This was followed by a chant of "There's only one Mickey Wernick," from himself. Cheesy Anyway, it's an example of being patient with the short stack, that and getting a break or two. Wink

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2006, 02:55:06 AM »

I'm not doubting that he's a top class player, but that's online, and probably not tournament play.

As you surely know, live tournaments are a completely different kettle of fish and, as of now, he is yet to prove himself as the world class player that everyone pedestals him as.

Sure, he's won around the 50k mark, but I doubt his live tournament profit (if there is a profit at all) and final table appearances is as impressive as everyone seems to think it is.

However, I do believe Lodden is a great player and will soon become one of the best, but, up to today, I really don't think has reached the calibre of players such as Vaswani, Helppi, Mallu, Thewy, etc
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2006, 02:57:11 AM »

Proof that Ali Mallu is a sweet thief!

Give them back!!!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2006, 02:58:01 AM »

Flop =

Mateyboy bets 3.6k, Jan Sjavik makes it 8.5k, Mateyboy moves all-in, Sjavik folds.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2006, 02:59:30 AM »

Play for the day is due to end with the current level, which only has around 10 minutes left.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2006, 02:59:40 AM »

I'm not doubting that he's a top class player, but that's online, and probably not tournament play.

As you surely know, live tournaments are a completely different kettle of fish and, as of now, he is yet to prove himself as the world class player that everyone pedestals him as.

Sure, he's won around the 50k mark, but I doubt his live tournament profit (if there is a profit at all) and final table appearances is as impressive as everyone seems to think it is.

However, I do believe Lodden is a great player and will soon become one of the best, but, up to today, I really don't think has reached the calibre of players such as Vaswani, Helppi, Mallu, Thewy, etc

But Lodden is just 21...! Helppi must be 35+, Mallu 55, Thewy 45, Ram, I dunno, 32? He's an astonishing talent imo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2006, 03:07:05 AM »

Here are remaining tables as we reach the end.

Table Just Been Broken Up
Table Mallu
Table Still Can't Reach It to Get Accurate Chip Counts
Table It's Ivey But Too Dark

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2006, 03:13:14 AM »

With just 3 minutes left on the clock, these will most likely be the overnight (well, two night) chip counts for the players listed below:

Ram Vaswani -- 24,000
Jeff Buffenbarger -- 25,700
Stu Rutter -- 56,300
Isabelle Mercier -- 36,200
Neil Channing -- 33,500
Ricki Nielsen -- 15,300
Mickey Wernick -- 13,700
Alan Betson -- 19,900
Vic Kanwar -- 36,400
James Arkenhead -- 7,300
Barny Boatman -- 69,000
Phil Ivey -- 35,800
John Kabbaj -- 53,500
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2006, 03:16:12 AM »

But Lodden is just 21...! Helppi must be 35+, Mallu 55, Thewy 45, Ram, I dunno, 32? He's an astonishing talent imo.

I never said he didn't have incredible talent and potential. In fact, in my previous post I commented that "Lodden is a great player and will soon become one of the best". Over the last year however, he has been hailed as having reached that potential already, but his live tournament results say otherwise and I firmly believe that he is yet to prove he is as good as the aforementioned players.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: