blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 105252 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2015, 05:20:53 AM »

Played a lot today, result = Minus £10 lol

Have a new bogey hand for tournies AK.

Busted pretty much every tournie today with it haha

Had fun at cash up a load, breakeven, down, up again lol

Hand of the night was calling a 4 bet with 48suited OTB, flopping a flush and getting paid for it Grin

Guy said I was playing wild Roll Eyes

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 01:37:53 AM »

Cheers Paul, tried camstudio and it wouldn't work for some reason, something about an exe file or extension or something. They might as well be speaking French!

Got this other programme, Flashback pro - 30 day trial - which is awesome but a nightmare at the same time, you have to edit it and other techie stuff, again might as well be in French, would probs understand that better!

Managed to get capturewiz again, says my freetrial is up, but for some reason seems to still record.

With the prop bet still a long time to go and nothing in it, starting racking those wins up when your back on sky.

Gl!
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 10:42:45 PM »

litecam HD is decent. GL in the tournies
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 02:11:55 AM »

Thanks KP.

Ended up recording my play from 8 tonight, 4 tables (MTT)

Best run of the night was in the main.

I've managed to compress it, so atleast I can view it on my own comp. It's like a Java webpage that comes up??

If any MTT boss would be interested in doing a review or looking at a part of it for me, that would be awesome!

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 06:01:57 PM »

Reviewed the session from last night with a few different people today - different stages.

Wasn't sure how it would go, but was absolutely amazing.

I picked up a lot, especially on the latter stages, stuff i should / should not be doing.

Most importantly I picked up on some something I was doing, that i didn't even realise i was doing - a massive leak.

Phenomenal, delighted i made the vid, going to be making another one tonight.

It's put into perspective where i am at with MTT's.  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:05:14 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2015, 03:29:17 AM »

Was just reading King Push's thread re live poker.

I keep saying i'm going to play live, really will need to get round to it.

Was talking to my friend about it the other day, hopefully going to get some live cash in during March.

The first time I went must have been one year ago, or even more than that. I sat down with £200, was expecting it to be 100nl, only to find out every place in Glasgow was 1/2.

Was £100 plus £100 in case I needed to reload. Was a bit reluctant at first when I knew it was 200nl, but decided to give it a go.

Ended up playing the biggest pot I had ever played at that time.

2/3 O/S in the BB. UTG Straddled. 6 players limped, we made up from the BB.

Flop was 2, 3, 8. We checked?? Old boy raised, we reraised, he jams and I call flicking over my cards.

He keeps his cards face down, dealer puts out the turn and river. Old boy says "you're good son" before mucking. I'll take the patronising, we have the money!

About an hour later, won another couple of small pots, I cashed out for £450-£500. Going home at 3 in the morning I was terrified walking about with that amount of money in my pocket lol

I've set aside 1k for live cash, only 5 buy ins.

Maybe totally naïve but I don't ever expect to go busto with this 1k though I fully understand it could happen. It's money that's coming from online.

I also played live cash just before xmas. There was never a spot I wasn't sure about / or put in any tough spots. There was no player at that table I would have been worried about. iirc there was only 1 player at the table who seemed decent. Of course that could just have been an especially soft table.  

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2015, 03:44:32 AM »

A big roll is more worthy of protection than a small roll. Most people get this the wrong way round. Honeybadger

Profound and definitely resonates with me.

When it comes to online, I can't comment on 5 years ago, but in today's world cash games definitely seem to be getting tougher than when I first started, and that's not even that long ago, in the last 2 years. And that's at really low levels, no idea what it's like at 100nl plus.

The number of "regulars" has just increased and increased.

It's interesting bankroll and moving up.

For players starting out today, I expect it will be a lot harder to break through to 100nl plus and to be a great success at these levels.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:00:32 AM by shipitgood » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »

I've lost count of the number of times I've lost more than £1k playing in soft 1/2 games without even running especially bad.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »

#Naïve.

Better just run golden first few times I play then.

I'll update on here how the live adventure goes.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

<3

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »

Was a bit fool hardy saying bankroll of £1k for live, I was thinking it's 5 x 100bb over 5 sessions.

First time I go i'll just take 200/250 BB and see how it goes and take it from there.

For live cash players, do you normally just sit down with 100BB or 200BB?

I much rather having 200bb in a cash game. In saying that I don't know if it matters that much? Could have been a one off, but the last time I went iirc 2 players had approx 100bb or just over, 1 player was really deep, and the rest of the table had 50-70 bb stacks or less, few sitting with the minimum £40 and just reloading to £40 again when they bustod.

I guess a decent bankroll for live cash would be about 10k.

If I run good could soon spin it up, if badly, then its worthwhile having a go. Certainly don't think there would be any players at the table I would be scared of and expect to have an edge over the vast majority, if not all, of the table.

pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »

Much prefer sitting deep myself but it's each to their own, It's always nice to have everyone covered if it's possible.  A couple of years ago I used to organise a pub cash game, started it at 25p/25p and then over time the plan came together and over 6-8 months we were playing 1/1 with a couple of straddles on 50% of hands, depending who was sat where, anyway one night I'd had a nightmare, was stuck about £400, wanted to quit and go home but it was my game, I always stayed to the end, I was sat shallow like £35, I was in damage limitation mode, tilting by playing to lose the minimum.  I called a raise from the blinds with 55 and flopped quads into aces full.  Raiser had nearly £300.  I've never sat shallow since!

I've never got it.....ever
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2015, 01:00:29 AM »

Sigh PPF with the quadaroonies, pretty brutal.

This is what one of my friends wrote in his blog today on livecash:

I've decided that I need to keep my 'live play head' on, so I'm probably not going to play on Sky (or on any other site as it happens) before the UKPC.

I've had a good run playing cash at the weekends. In fact, I've actually making more money (just) on Friday and Saturday nights these last two months than I have done in my regular day job - scary thought - and I've never really thought of myself as a cash game player.

Can't wait to get February out of the way, got 8k p/points so far, just 2 k 2 go, then get stuck into some live cash in March.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 02:15:30 AM »

Just watched the EPT FT On Channel 4, total quality!

Have really loved this series.

The hand HU where Salter 3 bet the double gutter ball on the flop, then buonanno led right into him ott, brilliant stuff!

Was hard to understand why Salter and his crew turned down the deal for the difference of £10k (think it was 10k anyway).

I really liked the way Buonanno handled himself, and can understand why he was pissed a deal wasn't done.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:26:46 AM by shipitgood » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 08:04:20 AM »

Just watched the EPT FT On Channel 4, total quality!

Have really loved this series.

The hand HU where Salter 3 bet the double gutter ball on the flop, then buonanno led right into him ott, brilliant stuff!

Was hard to understand why Salter and his crew turned down the deal for the difference of £10k (think it was 10k anyway).

I really liked the way Buonanno handled himself, and can understand why he was pissed a deal wasn't done.

I may have misunderstood, but I think Salter offered €949,000, Buonanno said "make it €950,000 & you have a deal" & Salter flat refused.

Then the "I won't deal" curse hit him, & he ended up getting half a million less than the winner, for a net loss of about €300,000 based on the refused deal. All for the sake of giving Mr Italy another €1k.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: