blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3516 3517 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 3523 3524 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6347083 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52785 on: July 08, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »

Just came 6th out of 31 in a £2 Omaha Hi/Lo next door, been meaning to learn the game and thought I might as well start. Haven’t got a clue how I made the final table. Lol.

5th Omaha Hi/Lo Tournament and I came 1/29. Decent

Ha, PLO8 has a new recruit, good stuff Ommy.

I could not wait to get back Online & play a bit of PLO8, arrived home early afternoon on Monday, was playing PLO8 Next Door 2 hours later, & again last night. Played 13 DYM's at all buy-ins from £1 to £11, & made a whopping profit of.....£3.10.  

How is your back now? You settled back in to home life?

omm    81000   1   £13.50 + £9.92   Head Prizes    5   £3.21

I mean somebody stop me. WSOP 10k Hi/Lo here we come.

Fully back in work mode and Vegas is a distant but very good memory. Back is fine, little bit embarrassing but I think it may have been the massages that I got while in Vegas that caused the bruisers to my back, although obvs legs abit different, all fine now though. I got back on Friday and slept a good bit, stayed up late Sunday (6th in Main and 16th in Mini on Sky, not to brag but was wondering after Vegas if I could actually play, lol.) bed at 1:30ish, when I woke up Monday morn I thought the kids would be getting ready for school soon so I got up, it was 2pm, have not laid in bed my whole adult life for that long. Totally out of it.

Glad the back was nothing serious. I was tempted to ask what sort of clubs you have visited in Vegas, but everyone was acting all responsible & concerned, so I thought better of it.

Pleased to see you have enrolled with Team Plopper, home of the PLO8 nutcases.

As it happens, I've not played Online Poker on any site except Sky Poker for 11 years now. Seemed only right & proper, loyalty to the brand & all that.

But now, or soon, SB&G, including Sky Poker, will be owned by PokerStars, so I thought it'd be OK to give them a try. I should add that I'm currently of the view that Sky Poker might well survive as a standalone, but more on that another day.

I'd not played on 'Stars for at least 12 or 14 years. My oh my, what a piece of software that is. Very similar to Sky Poker in quality, obv. In a way.

The attraction was the ability to play plenty of 5 card PLO8 ("Big O" as it's usually known), 5 card PLO, & regular 4 card PLO8 & PLO, especially 6 max. Wow, such a choice.

What I had not anticipated was how long these things last for. Not thinking it through, I entered one PLO8 thing at 9pm, & was still playing it at 0330 the next morning. Sheesh. Had a few results though. And a few non-results.

Not sure that there is anything better (for me) than 6 Max, 5 Card PLO8. Lovely, lovely, game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52786 on: July 08, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »

Those kids in Thailand are still stuck down that cave, it's over 2 weeks now.

Rumour has it a rescue operation is underway now.

This story has a while to run yet, imo. If anyone underestimates the gravity of it all, an experienced diver died in the cave a few days ago, taking the very journey those kids will have to take.

Could be the best story ever, like those South American miners a few years ago. Or a terrible tragedy.

Fingers crossed for a happy ending. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52787 on: July 08, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »

Was watching the British Grand Prix preambles yesterday, & during a Ted Kravitz piece in the Paddock, they showed a spectator wearing a suit - with short trousers, & no socks. WTF?

I'm not entirely sure if he looked a complete cock, or super cool.

It was a bit like this.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52788 on: July 08, 2018, 12:43:41 PM »

You won't need me to remind you that it's Henley Royal Regatta this week.

I believe that wearing a Lounge Suit to that would be a grave breach of etiquette, in fact I don't think Gentlemen are admitted if wearing a Lounge Suit. 

Instead, they are obliged to dress properly.

I could maybe manage short trousers with a suit, but this would be a step too far. I was once Golf Club Captain, & had to wear THE worst jacket imaginable, but it was nothing on these.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52789 on: July 08, 2018, 01:10:29 PM »

Tomorrow marks a week since I got back from Vegas, & I'm suffering from a terrible bout of cba-ness.

The oppressive heat & humidity, time zone adjustment, post Vegas hangover, da de da, & I've spent the whole week doing bugger all. I'm struggling to sleep properly, & lack of sleep drains my battery, everything is too much trouble. Can't even get excited by England in the World Cup. The Open Golf in a few weeks is more my cup of tea. Proper sport, played by proper blokes, watched by proper, & respectful, spectators. 

You never offered a comment during what was at the time a fairly heated debate about the rights and wrongs of his actions from some parties on the golf thread, but as a past captain of a golf club who is fairly knowledgable about golf etiquette, what is your opinion of Mickelson's behaviour both during and after the hitting a moving putt debacle?

I see that Mickelson himself did eventually give a grovelling apology for his actions, but whether it was heartfelt or merely to protect his image is a moot point.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52790 on: July 08, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »

Tomorrow marks a week since I got back from Vegas, & I'm suffering from a terrible bout of cba-ness.

The oppressive heat & humidity, time zone adjustment, post Vegas hangover, da de da, & I've spent the whole week doing bugger all. I'm struggling to sleep properly, & lack of sleep drains my battery, everything is too much trouble. Can't even get excited by England in the World Cup. The Open Golf in a few weeks is more my cup of tea. Proper sport, played by proper blokes, watched by proper, & respectful, spectators. 

You never offered a comment during what was at the time a fairly heated debate about the rights and wrongs of his actions from some parties on the golf thread, but as a past captain of a golf club who is fairly knowledgable about golf etiquette, what is your opinion of Mickelson's behaviour both during and after the hitting a moving putt debacle?

I see that Mickelson himself did eventually give a grovelling apology for his actions, but whether it was heartfelt or merely to protect his image is a moot point.

Hi Ralph,

I was a bit busy at the time, but I did see the debate, & watched a video of what happened.

Utterly disgraceful, more especially from such a prominent & successful member of the golf tour.

I've no idea what his (real) thinking was, but there's no room for that nonsense in golf. I'd have given him a severe penalty. Imagine where it would all end if everyone adopted that interpretation of the rules?

Almost as bad as playing golf wearing a shirt that is not tucked in. I'm a big fan of Rickie, but this was bang out of order.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52791 on: July 08, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »

R.I.P  Alan Gilzean , the King of White Hart Lane.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #52792 on: July 08, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »

Hi Ralph,

I was a bit busy at the time, but I did see the debate, & watched a video of what happened.

Utterly disgraceful, more especially from such a prominent & successful member of the golf tour.

I've no idea what his (real) thinking was, but there's no room for that nonsense in golf. I'd have given him a severe penalty. Imagine where it would all end if everyone adopted that interpretation of the rules?

Almost as bad as playing golf wearing a shirt that is not tucked in. I'm a big fan of Rickie, but this was bang out of order.

If you analyse golf industry trends it's clear participation is in huge decline. Several variables contribute but none more so than barriers to entry for young people who perceive this snobbery & stuffiness in attitude so turn away from the sport. Loads of golf clubs are closing and being built on all around the country. Golf club membership is dying with all the dinosaurs and the next generation isn't coming through. The onus is on golf club managers to reinvigorate the game. To that end you will be pleased to hear that I'm running a Hawaiian Shirts Golf Competition at my club this month. Everybody playing on the course will be obligated to look just like Rikki cos them's the rules see. Proving real popular as well.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #52793 on: July 08, 2018, 02:37:45 PM »

R.I.P  Alan Gilzean , the King of White Hart Lane.

RIP

Found a film with him scoring against the Lisbon Lions, playing alongside Venebles and Greaves.

My Dad played against him for Bermuda in 66 - says he was a great big player, & a hell of a nice guy. Dad's in ill health now and not got the best of memory but the football reminiscing gets some of his spark back.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52794 on: July 08, 2018, 02:47:54 PM »

Hi Ralph,

If you analyse golf industry trends it's clear participation is in huge decline. Several variables contribute but none more so than barriers to entry for young people who perceive this snobbery & stuffiness in attitude so turn away from the sport. Loads of golf clubs are closing and being built on all around the country. Golf club membership is dying with all the dinosaurs and the next generation isn't coming through. The onus is on golf club managers to reinvigorate the game. To that end you will be pleased to hear that I'm running a Hawaiian Shirts Golf Competition at my club this month. Everybody playing on the course will be obligated to look just like Rikki cos them's the rules see. Proving real popular as well.

Sometimes, if you love something, it's best to let it go.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52795 on: July 08, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »

R.I.P  Alan Gilzean , the King of White Hart Lane.

RIP

Found a film with him scoring against the Lisbon Lions, playing alongside Venebles and Greaves.

My Dad played against him for Bermuda in 66 - says he was a great big player, & a hell of a nice guy. Dad's in ill health now and not got the best of memory but the football reminiscing gets some of his spark back.

Gilly was a great player who I watched quite a bit in the late 1960's as I used to go to WHL on alternate weekends with my best mate who had season tickets.

Nice clip Rod of what was a tremendous Celtic team including the one and only Jinky Johnstone if i'm not mistaken.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52796 on: July 08, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »

The first 4 of the Thai cave boys have been safely rescued.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #52797 on: July 08, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »

Great news.  I have done a bit of diving and caving, but combining the two with amateur divers seems hugely difficult.   Good luck to all those involved.

The football and grand prix weren't too bad either.

We may even get a Brexit that is only a major shambles rather than a catasttophe.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #52798 on: July 08, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »

You won't need me to remind you that it's Henley Royal Regatta this week.

I believe that wearing a Lounge Suit to that would be a grave breach of etiquette, in fact I don't think Gentlemen are admitted if wearing a Lounge Suit. 

Instead, they are obliged to dress properly.

I could maybe manage short trousers with a suit, but this would be a step too far. I was once Golf Club Captain, & had to wear THE worst jacket imaginable, but it was nothing on these.

FAF, I went to Henley a few times in my youth and dressed as much of a twat as those guys 

The guy in the first pic on the right went to my old school probably, well he has same tie anyway. I had a matching jacket for that tie!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52799 on: July 08, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »

And Trump - having never mentioned the boys previously by all accounts - is now trying to take the credit by saying the US are working "very closely" with the Thais.

Pages: 1 ... 3516 3517 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 3523 3524 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: