blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:33:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 500950 times)
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: August 16, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »

My father trains barnish panther, says he's in great form and even though he isn't great from the boxes, he was a lot worse last week. He's an aeroplane coming home. Worth a small bet.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 16, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »

My father trains barnish panther, says he's in great form and even though he isn't great from the boxes, he was a lot worse last week. He's an aeroplane coming home. Worth a small bet.

Thanks for the heads up Micko, if you don't mind tells us a bit more about your father and involvement with the hounds, has he been doing it long? Are you involved?
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 16, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »

Ran a stinker - not hunting it by the looks of things.

Very wide open derby.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 18, 2014, 09:22:26 AM »

After re watching the last heats of the greyhound Irish Derby I've got a little book together

Droopys Ward (ante post 66-1ticket)  33/1 think there is still value in this, 25-1 feels about right so I've top up. Is running well, likes The track by the looks of it and as long as he gets the inside as much as possible (t1 next heat) he is consistent enough to go far in comp. is drawn in Mind the Net's heat next up which if he wins the price will slash ( of course only has to qualify which I would expect both to do, can't back The Net at the price)

Laughil Blake 16-1, Ran the fastest time of the heats and looked very solid, think he should be a few points lower (12-1) so I'm happy to add him to the portfolio.

General Wolf 40-1, quite impressed with his latest run, look very strong, think the price available with 1/4 top 6 is certainly worth it, can see him getting to the final.

Borneo, 50-1, Thought his last run was good considering it was off late and he is know as bad at kennelling, went off at 9/4 and a few people reckon if he was up early he would have been odds on, if we take away the problem with the kenneling, the 50-1 with hills seems a bit ool so I'm happy to have a smaller bet on him.

Honour and Glory 125-1, didn't win it's heat, but I good second to an impressive General Wolf, he did have to check at the 3rd bend and the race was messy at the start, but he still has form in the locker which he has shown at Clomel. Happy to pick up the 125-1 as a nice looking outsider.

Good luck and will obviously re asses after the next round (have also put win only bets on bf if the price is considerably higher)

Hopefully Scotty will be putting a few up soon.  

4 of 6 through (H & G and Kereight King both despatched) not seen the races yet so can't say too much, however happy with a T1 draw for Droopys Ward. Can't say any of the heats are easy especially with the track playing a big part in what seems to be very fast. A few people I follow on twitter are a bit miffed at why Mind the Net is fav and also think Droopys Nidge not performing as well against older dogs, maybe a bit of an angle for laying in the coming rounds.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:04 AM »

Monmore 7:49 Geelo Vegas @ 11-8, very surprised to see this price for this hound, very impressive run last time, can't see why this doesn't go off odds on.

Goodluck as well to Airport Captain which Scotty got us on at 9/2 and is now odds on for the final tonight, gets the value all the time.

Any other fancies tonight Scotty?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 21, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »

Monmore 7:49 Geelo Vegas @ 11-8, very surprised to see this price for this hound, very impressive run last time, can't see why this doesn't go off odds on.

Goodluck as well to Airport Captain which Scotty got us on at 9/2 and is now odds on for the final tonight, gets the value all the time.

Agree with this.  Just about to go for breakfast in town and try and get a lump on the 11/8.  Coral have seen cash for their 11/8 already and gone 6/5 so the price only looks like going one way. 
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 21, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »

Good luck with that one lads. I've only had a small bet on 2 in the same race at 8/1 so won't begrudge you a win there.

I've only backed a few others and nothing strongly. Toms Knowledge in the opening Sky race at 7:34 - think he'll pace up better than the dog in trap 1 to get himself a nice clear run on the rails. The two that are shorter in the market would need their best breaks to get across Toms Knowledge I think and they seem far more likely to find trouble early than the pick. Worth a small bet at 3/1. If T6 gets to a wild price on BF before the off I might get involved there too.

Fired Up Johnny at 4/1 in the 8:49 looks drawn well and hopefully can overcome what looks to be a lack of pace between 2 and 3 by grabbing an early advantage. Nothing to fear on the clock and youngest in the race who I think will improve run-on-run, especially if avoiding trouble. The favourite might not have it all his own way early in this one.

Contemplating Killure Hunter in the 8:34 - drawn in T6 which isn't perfect but think it could pace up best to avoid drama as has shown good early at Romford. Still unsure, don't think it's too price sensitive this one so can decide later.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 21, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »

Agree with this.  Just about to go for breakfast in town and try and get a lump on the 11/8.  Coral have seen cash for their 11/8 already and gone 6/5 so the price only looks like going one way.  

Bald as spineless as ever.  Asked for £1500 at 11/8 get offered £400 and they change the price within 30 seconds to 11/10 even though Kay puts it up in the Post as his nap.  That's how much money it takes folks to move a Sky Sports TV race short priced fav with the spineless bald one.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:58:27 AM by arbboy » Logged
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »

Agree with this.  Just about to go for breakfast in town and try and get a lump on the 11/8.  Coral have seen cash for their 11/8 already and gone 6/5 so the price only looks like going one way.  

Bald as spineless as ever.  Asked for £1500 at 11/8 get offered £400 and they change the price within 30 seconds to 11/10 even though Kay puts it up in the Post as his nap.  That's how much money it takes folks to move a Sky Sports TV race short priced fav with the spineless bald one.

Think that is a bit harsh.  That's a decent bet to lay on a dog first thing in the morning.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 21, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »

Think that is a bit harsh.  That's a decent bet to lay on a dog first thing in the morning.

I have laid 6 bigger bets this morning on a8s at sheffield and sunderland in 100% books without Bald's £600m bankroll behind me.  We will agree to disagree.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 21, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »

That's why he has got 600m and you still have to go to Wetherspoons on a Tuesday for their steak special son.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 21, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

too good! Back to the 1242 at sheff.  I have been owned as usual.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 21, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »

Viking Jack been backed into 6/4 fav for the GC, hopefully someone might have a few pennies on him after I mentioned him in preview, cos I've got zero on.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 21, 2014, 04:34:02 PM »

bald are 13/8 with people asking for under 6/4 on bf for decent money.  Will post it on tft as a bet.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 21, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »

Monmore 20.34 T4 expecting big things been snatching parcels throughout the day

After Arboys antics i couldn't resist doubling the Coffin Boxes (should know better)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: