blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  F1 new format
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F1 new format  (Read 9314 times)
cia260895

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has approved a change to the points systems for this year’s drivers’ championship, which will see the title awarded to the driver with the most race wins. The rest of the standings, from second to last place, will be decided by the current points system.

If two or more drivers finish the season with the same number of wins, the title will be awarded to the driver with the most points, the allocation of points being based on

good or bad idea??
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »

Bad.

Championship should go to the driver who shows the greatest consistency IMO.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »

Finally! Wiiiiiiii

This has been needed for a while, no more limping around in 2nd and 3rd just go for it!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »

a driver wins 6 races and then doesn't finish in the points in any other race when another driver finishes on the podium in all of his races and ends up with nothing will cause huge controversy
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »

http://www.formula1.com/
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »

Finally! Wiiiiiiii

This has been needed for a while, no more limping around in 2nd and 3rd just go for it!

this.

Now all they need is to introduce a "bump 'em out the way" rule..and we're on!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »

I think they should have some oncoming traffic.

That would make the most boring sport on earth worth watching.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »

I think they should have some oncoming traffic.

That would make the most boring sport on earth worth watching.

Excellent idea!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »

a driver wins 6 races and then doesn't finish in the points in any other race when another driver finishes on the podium in all of his races and ends up with nothing will cause huge controversy

So a driver who wins wins the championship, a driver who always loses doesn't win.....yeah can see why that would be silly.....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »

meh, don't like it. makes it almost certain that the championship won't go to the wire. may well be all over 3 weeks out. maybe making the points more topheavy would be better and still encourage peeps to go ftw

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »

So a driver who wins wins the championship, a driver who always loses doesn't win.....yeah can see why that would be silly.....

i didn't say it was silly
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »

Don't really like it, although it might make for some exciting races as it means drivers have to go for the win rather than taking second or third place points.

Also it means that drivers are rewarded less for saving their engines, when you get a new engine you might as well just turn it right up and go all out for the win rather than good consistent results, and if you have got no chance of getting it then just drive out of the race and save the engine for the next race. Saying that there is still the WCC so perhaps this is not going to happen.

Anybody think this gives an advantage to the Brawn team? They have been the stars of testing and if they get a good start to the season that gives them an advantage. Anybody tempted with the 10/1 that Betfair are offering on Button? Who do people fancy for the first race?
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »

When this was first mooted I was against it, but the more I think about it, the more I reckon it can only be good for the overall spectacle.

Having the old points structure in the background as a backup means it could just work. I always hate it when a driver cruises to the title through consistency rather than outright success. It just doesn't seem right. Sport is about winning and we should be lauding winners, not plodders.

I expect the racing to improve thanks to this innovation.

I was also really against the final table delay at the wsop main event, and whilst not perfect, I have come around to that too. So I think we should give this a chance.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 08:08:43 PM »

The FIA has announced that from 2010, teams will be allowed more technical freedom if they agree to a cost cap of $30million, to cover ‘expenditure of any kind’. Teams will also be free to instead continue running under the existing rules, which are to remain stable until 2012.

The teams that accept the cost cap will be granted technical freedoms in three main areas: a more aerodynamically efficient (but standard) under body; movable wings; and an engine which is not subject to a rev limit or a development freeze.

To ensure that the cost-capped cars have neither an advantage nor a disadvantage when compared to cars running to the existing rules, the FIA will retain the right to adjust elements of these freedoms.

The FIA says the move provides, in essence, a choice between (i) the current freedom to spend and continued adherence to the existing technical constraints and (ii) a new degree of freedom to innovate technically but with a severely restricted budget.

According to the FIA, the aim is to make it easier for new teams to enter and also allow existing teams to participate on much reduced budgets should they so choose.

how many teams will take this option next year?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:10:23 PM by cia260895 » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »

Why not just give winners 15 points?  Very strange way of doing it imo, but then again I find F1 dull anyway.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: