blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  World Cup Betting Thread
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup Betting Thread  (Read 106268 times)
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: July 10, 2010, 09:50:16 PM »

They just said on the ITV coverage that if the Golden Boot is a tie, then it then goes to most assists. Currently Muller has most assists.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: July 10, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »

such a shame Forlan hit the bar with that last free kick..he's been awesome this WC.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 12, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »

iv been on the phone today about a bet placed with 365 on the world cup i had Spain to win and villa to win golden boot (top goalscore) ,they ave split the stake on this bet 4 ways because of the 4 way tie for the golden boot
so the £20 @18/1 has paid £95 not the £380 not bad for them as they will have taken little or no bets on Spain to win with forlan or Snider or Muller to win the golden boot .so they will be have a very good do as they will have had loads of bets on Spain and villa bet so they are just ripping there punters off using the 4 way tie rule to get out of paying up on a bet that was a big payout for them
they said they could see my point and as a good will gesture they would put £20 into my account which they did , i then asked to speak to someone else about this as i felt they was cheating there punter out of there cash and i was phoned back in 5 Min's  they then offered me another £20  to end the matter and go away , i told them no and that i did not want there £20 to go away as i felt that if they had taken loads of other bets on Spain to win the world cup and the other 3 players to top the scoring charts i could see there point but we all know that this is not to be true and that they are just griming there punters

i also email them on sunday morning asking them if they was paying out on golden boot or top goalscores they responded in 5 Min's to say if the bet was placed before the tournament it was golden boot and if it was after it was top goalscore as they had changed the wording  on the bet
i also then sent another email asking them wot they was doing about the linked bet of Spain to win and villa top goalscore or golden boot as this bet was placed b4 the tournament started ,they did not reply to this or the other email i sent a hr latter about the same matter

bet365 have just phoned me to say they will be paying out all punter who had the villa & Spain double as a win single bet at the full stake on a Spain win as this pays more then the double at 1/4  stake and have also put another £ 20 in my account
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:01:16 PM by bigalhx1 » Logged
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 12, 2010, 10:07:21 PM »

a copie of the email they have just sent now

We are contacting you regarding your bet placed on the Winner and Top Goalscorer Market in the World Cup. Your selection of Spain and David Villa was originally settled as a dead-heat of four, however as a gesture of goodwill we have resettled this bet to reflect the price of Spain to win the World Cup at the time that this bet was placed, and therefore ensuring a greater return.

Kind regards,

The bet365 Team

bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 12, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »

and the email sent this morning from bet 365 even though i have just been told on the phone that they are not paying out on the golden boot winner i said that was not the case as i had a email from bet365 saying that they would be he told me that was not the case .

If your query relates to bets placed on Tournament Top Goalscorer or Top Scorer + Winning Team Doubles, then please note we have settled on the 4 winning players who tied with 5 goals and dead heat rules have been applied. These bets are for Top Goalscorer, and not for the Golden Boot Winner.

In the event of more than one player finishing tied for the World Cup Leading Goalscorer market dead-heat rules will apply. Your stake will be split proportionally as per the number of players tied. For example; if 4 players are tied at the top on 5 goals your bet will be settled as a ¼ of your original stake at the odds taken.

Please note that in relation to the above query, our betting rules state:-

“TOURNAMENT BETTING”

“Top goalscorer”

“Goals scored in 90 minutes and extra time count. Penalty shoot-out goals do not count. Dead-Heat rules apply (rather than the player receiving the Golden Boot etc). Team quoted is for reference purposes only. All in run or not”

Please note that pre-tournament, we did offer the market for "Golden Boot Winner", however this market was removed when the first match got under way, leaving only the Top Scorer market. Please note if the bet slip states "Golden Boot", the bet will be settled on Thomas Muller. If the bet slip shows Top Scorer, then this will be settled dead heated between Sneijder, Villa, Muller and Forlan.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 12, 2010, 11:33:40 PM »

can't believe they didn't just tell you to gtfo when you accused them of cheating for using deadheat rules on a deadheat

wp though on getting all that extra money

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 12, 2010, 11:44:45 PM »

LOL, wtf.

They didnt cheat anyone, they are the rules and its pretty fkin obvious if you have a bet on top scorer and there is 4 top scorers its divided by 4.

How and why the hell theyve decided to pay out more is ridic! (probs because they dnt wna lose your custom/£)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:00:17 AM by ChipRich » Logged

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 13, 2010, 12:11:16 AM »

LOL, wtf.

They didnt cheat anyone, they are the rules and its pretty fkin obvious if you have a bet on top scorer and there is 4 top scorers its divided by 4.

How and why the hell theyve decided to pay out more is ridic! (probs because they dnt wna lose your custom/£)

Anyone not smart enough to work out they have paid out correctly, they obviously want their custom.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 13, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »

LOL, wtf.

Anyone not smart enough to work out they have paid out correctly, they obviously want their custom.

lol, yeh.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 13, 2010, 12:40:56 AM »

Please note if the bet slip states "Golden Boot", the bet will be settled on Thomas Muller.

I think he was arguing for a golden payout payout where he gets nothing. 

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 13, 2010, 01:08:22 AM »

Same for me.

I had £91.25 in bet365 after the world cup final payout, then today I checked and have £95!!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii an extra £3.75!!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #911 on: July 13, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »

Article in the RP about this today. Most bookies will now amend their rules about this.

TBH, I thought Muller had won, no?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 13, 2010, 08:25:18 AM »

Article in the RP about this today. Most bookies will now amend their rules about this.

How are they going to change them?
Muller won golden boot but i think most bookies had the market as top goalscorer which was a 4 way tie.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: July 13, 2010, 10:12:36 AM »

Muller won golden boot but i think most bookies had the market as top goalscorer which was a 4 way tie.

ah yes, of course.

Essentially they will in the future give you the outright win single (Spain)..and then calculate the dead heat on tope of that. Rather than just using the combined price and dividing that by 4 (which is what's happened here)

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 13, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »

ah yes, of course.

Essentially they will in the future give you the outright win single (Spain)..and then calculate the dead heat on tope of that. Rather than just using the combined price and dividing that by 4 (which is what's happened here)

I can understand this if you've selected a top scorer and then a nation that he doesn't play for as you then have 2 seperate bets in a double so paying out one outright and one dead heat is fair. spain/mueller should be paid out like this

don't get it for villa/spain where one outcome affects and indeed relies on the other

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: