blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:45:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  General line check I guess...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General line check I guess...  (Read 2005 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:59:36 AM »

... count the streets I played wrong please.

Basically everyone in the hand is losing, and the game is pretty miserable. Nobody wants to fold. Villain #1 is PeeJay, very decent player, some of you will probably have played with him. Plenty of moves, but well balanced imo. I think he thinks we're peeling wider than we are in this hand. Villain #2 is Scott, I think I know his account name on here but don't want to get it wrong and misinform. Again, pretty good player, takes some weird lines with value hands, has been playing solid today and not stepped out of line too much.

DTD £1/2 cash. We're £450~ deep to start, both cover.

We open the gun to £7 with , fish calls. Scott makes it £26 from the cutoff. Folds to PeeJay in the big who calls. We call. Fish folds.

Flop (£86) three clubs

All check. Should we donk this flop? Check call was my intended line here, is this okay? Is it realistic to expect a cbet a lot on this board texture a decent % of the time? What range are we assigning now that he checks behind?

Turn (£86) three clubs

PeeJay leads this turn for £42 iirc. We call. Scott calls behind. I think PeeJay can defo bet worse hands for value here, and I could be wrong but I reckon he'd bet a bunch here with bluffs and semi-bluffs after the flop gets checked three ways. What are we putting Scott on here? Given some of his earlier lines, I'm finding it hard to take AA/KK out of his range, even though they make up a very small %.

River (£212) three clubs

PeeJay leads for £112. At first I was pretty happy about this river as it takes away loads of random tens that PJ might show up with here, but when he leads into two players and we're not closing the action, what do you reckon the optimal line is? I thought shoving might be pretty sexy, but this deep it's quite hard to turn our hand into a bluff and there's really no need. Calling is okay because we can beat a few value hands and pure bluffs, but I'm pretty worried about getting overcalled by better or Scott finding the shove after I call. And I hate the idea of folding, even though by now I feel like that's what I should be doing.

I'd like to get absolutely torn apart, both for my play and my thought process. Go.
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:12:17 AM »

Basically everyone in the hand is losing
Not after this hand
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 08:01:55 AM »

Not donking flop. I call/call too. Not good enough to fold these rivers.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »

Seems OK to me.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »

Jamming the river is ridiculous, you only lose to T*, KK or AA. 

Peejay's T*'s are somewhat minimal,  MAYBE  , but don't think he's overcalling  or  . he'd play his tens exactly like this. I actually think the majority of his overcalling range is ppocket-pairs, 88, 99, even JJ he might just fliat is scott's been solid, all of with he could very easily bet for Value - Scott's range PF has AA.KK in it but he rarely checks that back on the flop so I don't see how scott can have a better hand than you, unless he 3bet "light" with a hand like  and checked the flop for some reason (Would be a bad chk-back and wouldn't expect it) so I don't see how scott can have you beat AT ALL, and peejay's range has a couple of tens and a couple of worse value bets in it.

At no point is anything better folding, unless peejay has KK or AA which would be weird in a game where everyone is losing not to 4bet pre-flop, speshly vs two regs who give him credit for 4betting light. You have a miles better hand than anyone in the hand expects you to have I can't think of a single good reason to fold.

Easy call imo

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »

We open the gun to £7 with 

River (£212) three clubs

I thought shoving might be pretty sexy, but this deep it's quite hard to turn our hand into a bluff

I'd like to get absolutely torn apart, both for my play and my thought process. Go.

........ WHAT IS THIS LINE ALL ABOUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Peejay's hand does look a lot like 66-99,JJ.... Scott can have similar, AA/KK is possible, as is AK/AQ/AJdd, even 33/55 thinking there are no bad rivers (lol T-ball). Just seems like a super-standard call.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »

... count the streets I played wrong please.

None if u call river. Unless you count saying "opened the gun"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:20:55 PM »

82 pre.

As played mr/fold river.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »

You've played it fine imo. Wouldn't donk flop, would call the river bet and if Scott shoves behind unexpectedly i'd fold.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 11:56:22 PM »

100% 3bet pre ainec.

As played, all streets fine if you just call the river and any thoughts about turning your hand into a bluff stay in your head and you immediately dispel them to the infirmary.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 02:14:56 AM »

100% 3bet pre ainec.

As played, all streets fine if you just call the river and any thoughts about turning your hand into a bluff stay in your head and you immediately dispel them to the infirmary.

4bet*
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 05:41:03 AM »

Jamming the river is ridiculous, you only lose to T*, KK or AA. 
+1

can't believe you would even think for a second about shoving river!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 07:48:40 AM »

100% 3bet pre ainec.

4bet*

Oops yeh. Why did u not 4b?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 09:00:16 AM »

82 pre.

As played mr/fold river.

read 4th line of ur post.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »

Scott hadn't been 3betting during the session and this was pretty late on. He was being a bit of a nit for sure. Flatting the 3bet was fine with game dynamics imo
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: