blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:13:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272667 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  DaveShoelace's Super Hot All Time OMG Fantastic Biscuit Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DaveShoelace's Super Hot All Time OMG Fantastic Biscuit Thread  (Read 13922 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2010, 10:23:57 AM »

Should probably also menrion the yank biscuit, the Oreo. Been widely available over here for a few years as part of the gradual Americisation of our fine land.
Our American cousins love this biscuit, either they're deeply entrenched in the American way of life or they have a wizz of a PR agency or both. There's been countless references to this biscuit in popular culture, including of course our very own Rounders. What looks like a film about poker is actually a film about poker and biscuits.

*picture of Oreo biscuits would go here were it not for aforementioned phone thing*

I don't see the fascination with the things personally. They're not to my taste, I'll eat them but would probably swerve if another biscuit was available.
My life loves the things, and my daughter attacks them with the same fervour as my old Labrador would attack a pig's ear. Full of chemicals I'm guessing.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:26:35 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2010, 10:32:21 AM »

Onto the debate about what should be considered a biscuit and what should not. My rule is pretty much if you can buy one unit individually in a newsagent, its not a biscuit. So a mars bar is not a biscuit, but a Trio is. Controversially a twix is not a biscuit, and an individual twix in a pack of five twixs is also not a biscuit (My logic here is that if you can consider that a biscuit you can, by the same token, consider fun sized mars bars a biscuit and even worse, a celebration.

So without further ado, a classic biscuit that looks like a chocolate bar, a 54321.

Uber chewy and the advert was great
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2010, 10:34:40 AM »

Tim tams are the ones where u bite off a corner at top n bottom and use it as a straw to drink ur tea thru! Then eat the amazing biscuit afterwards!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2010, 10:47:04 AM »

Tim tams are the ones where u bite off a corner at top n bottom and use it as a straw to drink ur tea thru! Then eat the amazing biscuit afterwards!

see my twix post for the uk version

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »

see my twix post for the uk version

yea I saw mate but cba quoting it Wink off me phone!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »

Onto the debate about what should be considered a biscuit and what should not. My rule is pretty much if you can buy one unit individually in a newsagent, its not a biscuit. So a mars bar is not a biscuit, but a Trio is. Controversially a twix is not a biscuit, and an individual twix in a pack of five twixs is also not a biscuit (My logic here is that if you can consider that a biscuit you can, by the same token, consider fun sized mars bars a biscuit and even worse, a celebration.

So without further ado, a classic biscuit that looks like a chocolate bar, a 54321.

Uber chewy and the advert was great

OMG!

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2010, 03:19:45 PM »

Can I move that word 'reputable' be added to proceed newsagent in your biscuit definition so as to make it more universal?

There were some tinky newsagents up my bit wot sold individual Trios and the like.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »

Quite sure Barry will agree that the Ginger Nut is a true majestic star in the biscuit world.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2010, 05:23:15 PM »

Ginger nut is an odd one for me, they are the sort of biccy I avoid and will always opt for something else in a selection type box, however when I do have one I usually have about 20 in a row, very moorish and undoubtedly a great companion to a cup of tea
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »

Yep, not much of a biccie on its own but when dunked in tea, it is undoubtedly the king of biscuits.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »

Yep, not much of a biccie on its own but when dunked in tea, it is undoubtedly the king of biscuits.

Coffee fella, drink of champions...

"Decerno, exsequor"

Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »

Ginger nut is an odd one for me, they are the sort of biccy I avoid and will always opt for something else in a selection type box, however when I do have one I usually have about 20 in a row, very moorish and undoubtedly a great companion to a cup of tea

Indeed, the tasty allure of God's chosen biscuit does sneak up on you and when it does, you quite happily succumb to the Ginger Nuts embrace.

"Decerno, exsequor"

RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2010, 06:35:57 PM »

On the international feont, ex Aussie bird used to rant and rave about how excellent Tim-Tams were.

*would insert pic of timtams here, but on my phone*

We got ahold of some, they're like Penguins but edible. Actually pretty good.

Happy to help.

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »

Is the puffin bar the Tesco own brand penguin?

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2010, 01:41:51 AM »

an OMG thread without boobies??? wtf?Huh?? pls ban!!

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: