blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:48:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272664 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live Exit hand £35 Megastack turbo, standard or bad
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Exit hand £35 Megastack turbo, standard or bad  (Read 1772 times)
Young_gun

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while mainly stake threads i find interesting, Also a skypokerette

About 23 runners, 25k starting stack, yoyo'd first 2 and half hours been active, moved tables then was in shove mode 15-16 k @ 600/1200. Shoved 5 times in about 3 orbits, 7 handed, also shoved a couple of hands ago with K7o after 4 limps @1000/2000 stack up to 30k only showwdown was AQ v AQ split

UTG +1, i have 30k, bare in mind i have been shoving as not much room to move i see  ...

Also people have showed a couple times them folding KQ and other hands that were crushing me, i have 15 bigs so not ideal to shove bit much

I shall post after a few replies or tomorrow what i have done, standard is pretty poor in these tourneys i usually get a stack but ran bad at table draws getting a massive fish to my left who i couldnt play pots with Sad

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »

Are there antes? I would shove if there is.

If not I would min raise as a default.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »

Sorry i didnt put in OP, No antes

also assuming tourney avg like 45kish 13 left

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:27 AM »

I would say that is very much dependent on opponents tendencies. Your comments suggest that they are generally pretty tight. I think quite often a raise will do the same as a shove. Ie-It will usually get through, but you will be flipping or, more likely, in bad shape if you get jammed on. So, it's a raise / fold for me.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

Thanks for comments so far ppl

I would say their calling range is pretty tight in this spot, where as when someone does a min bet everyone seems to peel, too me my thoughts are shove or fold, obv i shoved and not really sure its that great in this spot. For the record was top 4 pay, so i really needed DU so i can start playing properly again.

I play pretty LAG wiv chips and TAG with not many to play with

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »

This is what i would raise normally in this spot, although this table had tendancies for alot of calls, are you raise/calling or raise folding with 15bigs, or i suppose thats based on the villains shoving range tendancies

Sorta convinced myself why there that shove was standard but now leaning to fold Sad did contemplate raise/call or fold but 15 bigs dont like raise folding

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 02:00:03 AM »

I'd just remind yourself that it is a live tournament with 23 runners and it is v v unlikely anybody is going to exploit you or shove on you wide so not wanting to r/f should have less of a consideration than it would online.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »

Valid point really, doubt anyone good enough on table to exploit me here, But i do cry a bit here when i get called by 3 players etc or are you happy to do this and aim to shove on some boards, check/fold on others? Or will you just shove alot of flops?

Usually dont get any marginal situations, but this one wasn't sure as i have a reshove stack but EP....

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »

This is what i would raise normally in this spot, although this table had tendancies for alot of calls, are you raise/calling or raise folding with 15bigs, or i suppose thats based on the villains shoving range tendancies

Sorta convinced myself why there that shove was standard but now leaning to fold Sad did contemplate raise/call or fold but 15 bigs dont like raise folding

Aren't blinds 1k/2k? I jam either way
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

Yeah just min raise open.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 11:35:23 PM »

Yep i think Jam is bad here, reason for this is because they're calling ranges will likely be anything that crushes me or flipping at best case scenario. Irrelavent as some dude who probably would call me lightish out of anyone woke up with Jacks and held

Flop saw 10 and another 10 Cheesy turn Jack sigh lol

(not results orientated discussions just genuine wasn't sure as only time been like this in a live scenario and been like 20 times now)

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:05 PM »

Yeah just min raise open.

Can understand this being the general line and one i would usually take but my recent history on the table, are you min calling? also if you have 1,2 or a few callers are you shoving any flop as whats in the middle is too good or is it board dependant?

#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »

Yep i think Jam is bad here, reason for this is because they're calling ranges will likely be anything that crushes me or flipping at best case scenario. Irrelavent as some dude who probably would call me lightish out of anyone woke up with Jacks and held

Flop saw 10 and another 10 Cheesy turn Jack sigh lol

(not results orientated discussions just genuine wasn't sure as only time been like this in a live scenario and been like 20 times now)

you can get hands that should fold and might 3b jam to fold tho
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »

Young gun - You will know me as Matt Bates from skypoker...am also a relative newbie to blonde.   

I agree with not shoving as against their calling ranges you aren't going to be in a great spot and you have enough to go through the blinds to get into a better spot. I would rather go through the blinds and then shove into an unopened pot from late position with any 2 or given there are no antes wait for a decent hand until you get to say 10bb. Given what you say about the table multi calling although I don't love saying it I might even fold pre. If you had a couple more bb say 18-20 then a 2 or 2.5x raise depending on what you have been doing as standard would be the best option. Going to a flop say 4 way out of position with A10 suited isn't going to be great which is why I am thinking fold. 

Matt
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:30:21 PM by Magic817 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: