blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Cockroach Brooch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cockroach Brooch  (Read 1074 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:09:47 PM »

Did anyone just watch Bill Oddie's TV show filmed in New York?    In it he mentioned a cockroach brooch being worn as a fashion accessory by some people in New York.  I thought this was a joke, but I had to check.  Is this a wind up or has the World really gone this crazy?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Giant-Madagascar-Hissing-Cockroach-Brooch&id=378563

No offence to cockroaches, I am sure they are attractive creatures if you are another insect, but why would anyone want one of these as a piece of jewelery?    It is also cruel, they should be running free and terrorising people's apartments  Cheesy
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

bonkers!

there is a pic on this page: http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2006/04/index.html

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:16:34 PM »

lol, that is the craziest thing I have seen for a long time.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

What about the contact lens jewellery - that can't be real?
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »

The cockroaches are real, I read an interview in Bizarre magazine a while back with the man who glues all the little rhinestones on to them. I'd get one except all my most horrible childhood nightmares were centred around the cockroaches that ran wild in my bedroom in Israel when I was little. One year when I was about 4, the cockroaches evolved wings. I haven't slept right since.

The blurb about the eye jewellery says it doesn't affect your sight, but it is just asking to be yanked out, isn't it? I reckon pulling that out of someone's eye at high speed would produce a kind of vacuum effect. Possibly even pulling out the whole eyeball! I'm getting Jen some for her birthday.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »

What about the contact lens jewellery - that can't be real?

yeah they are - I saw an article about them in a magazine or newspaper recently.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:49 AM »

The cockroaches are real, I read an interview in Bizarre magazine a while back with the man who glues all the little rhinestones on to them. I'd get one except all my most horrible childhood nightmares were centred around the cockroaches that ran wild in my bedroom in Israel when I was little. One year when I was about 4, the cockroaches evolved wings. I haven't slept right since.

The blurb about the eye jewellery says it doesn't affect your sight, but it is just asking to be yanked out, isn't it? I reckon pulling that out of someone's eye at high speed would produce a kind of vacuum effect. Possibly even pulling out the whole eyeball! I'm getting Jen some for her birthday.

Oh Dana - I thank you - first loud giggle of the day award is yours!

Liberavi animam meam
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: