blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2569295 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15495 on: June 01, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »

Busted Sad

@cambridgealex: Spinks c/r Q94ssx I 3bet to 10.2k he peels, I jam brick turn for 20k ish, he calls Q8o and holds. Just chilling in the stands now...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: June 01, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »

what you have?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: June 01, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

Maybe should check back turn.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: June 02, 2013, 01:47:07 AM »

Alex where will you be playing cash games in LV?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: June 02, 2013, 02:34:30 AM »

Alex where will you be playing cash games in LV?

I don't know David. I liked the Aria and the Wynn the most so perhaps there.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: June 02, 2013, 02:37:07 AM »

Sigh kinda feel I butchered my exit hand. Spoke to Spinks after the day finished. He seemed to imply I didn't have much of a value range for 3betting the flop, and it was always draws basically. He pretty much owned me to call off there with top pair weak kicker.

I should flat the flop c/r.

As played check back turn.

It's to hard butcher 15 outers. But it can be done apparently. Sigh.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: June 02, 2013, 03:57:38 AM »

Where it says spinks c/r flop is it you or him that c/ r ?

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: June 02, 2013, 04:42:26 AM »

Dont think its really butchered, think he played the hand pretty bad tbh (I know hes a sicko but still).

Dont like his c/r for a start, peeling the 3bet is also pretty bad. Ik he says he doesnt think you have a value range that >Q8, but if your hand is always draws, its almost always gonna be huge as you're not just gonna go crackers with a bare 6 high flush draw or JTo.

The flop 3b probably isnt great, but its definitely not the biggest mistake in the hand. It does look like he's owned you, but honestly think he's ran v well to get it in in such good shape.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: June 02, 2013, 04:55:27 AM »

I don't like his play either but w/e, he is top top class so what do I know. I would likely have played your hand exactly the same.

Aria and Wynn are good shouts for where to spend your time, both are well-run cardrooms and have good games. Will probably see you out there.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: June 02, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »

It was a really eye opening hand to be honest, and the little chat I had with him and Sykes after about it was especially eye opening.  Because he just thought about things in a totally different way to me, and I think it's absolutely stupid of me to think "I'd never do that, that's got to be bad" when he says something I'd never do. It's far better to work out why he's doing it and try and think outside the box.

We're all just so set in our ways sometimes your game becomes stagnant and then you come up against someone very good and he does something different and it's like, wow wtf.

If I'm him with Q8 on Q94ssx, I just never c/raise. same if I had A9, or T9, I'd just never c/r, I'd 100% call. And so would all the people around me - we all play pretty similar because we've talked hands and strategy so much and sort of "learnt" the game together. So we just expect other "pros" and grinders who you respect to see things the same as you, and you "expect" them to play similar, and just call the flop with Q8. But then when you talk to other groups of players, and they're like "nah I think it's good because I thought you'd 3b bluff the flop loads and I can jam over the top and protect my hand, or call and decide based on the turn card/ action/read, I also think calling turns my hand more faceup, I can get value from worse one pair hands that won't believe me and would have checked back future streets if I just c/call and I don't think it's an issue that we're in a "tough" spot when the flop gets 3bet because I think you're range to 3bet the flop is unbalanced and includes so many more semibluffs and pure bluffs than value hands like AQ+"

Hmm, yeh, that all makes sense. Dang.

Pretty interesting anyway.

In truth, I don't know whether I 3b the flop with AQ KK, AA. I think I would. Gonna put it through flopzilla and work out my range combos wise for 3betting the flop and see if it is that unbalanced so that his play with Q8 is justified. The draws I do it with are all fkn strong draws though - pretty much gonna be the nut flush draw or the hand I hand. Maybe a KJss hand that has a gutshot too. Pretty sure I'll have enough sets (7combos), two pairs and AQ+ to balance those draws. I guess he expected me to 3bet the flop with a bunch of pure bluffs too with backdoor equtiy like A5dd.

Anyway, wtf am I doing up at 9am again. Back to sleep before the sunday grind...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:44:51 AM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: June 02, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »

^^^^was thinking the same. I think u probably flat your value hands on a wet board. Also c/r flop seems to happen way more in the games I'm playing. Trends maybe shifting. Gotta try and keep up. Get there next time?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: June 02, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »

Seems to me like he's abs crushed when you 3 bet the flop.  Unless you're bad aggro why would you 3 bet bluff this flop when there's some value hands and so many draws he can just 4 bet jam on you with.  If you would actually bluff this flop a lot then jam the turn then yeah he's owned you.  However if you're just 3 betting the flop with big draws and big hands his plays pretty terrible - guess only you know what your actual range is here.  Also defending q8 oop versus the monte Carlo champ can't be a great play either.  Either way wouldn't beat yourself up about it like you said it's pretty hard to butcher a hand when your forcing chips in with 15 outs.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: June 02, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

Seems to me like he's abs crushed when you 3 bet the flop.  Unless you're bad aggro why would you 3 bet bluff this flop when there's some value hands and so many draws he can just 4 bet jam on you with.  If you would actually bluff this flop a lot then jam the turn then yeah he's owned you.  However if you're just 3 betting the flop with big draws and big hands his plays pretty terrible - guess only you know what your actual range is here.  Also defending q8 oop versus the monte Carlo champ can't be a great play either.  Either way wouldn't beat yourself up about it like you said it's pretty hard to butcher a hand when your forcing chips in with 15 outs.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15508 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »

Don't know who this John Spinks guy is. But he's played his hand very badly IMO.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: June 02, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »

Don't know who this John Spinks guy is. But he's played his hand very badly IMO.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=94122

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: