blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3553 3554 3555 3556 [3557] 3558 3559 3560 3561 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6358809 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53340 on: December 25, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »

Great series on Yesterday (on catch up on Sky)     Impossible Railways.  Quite interesting.

Managed to catch that eventually - excellent viewing.

How's your health these days David? And how are things at home?

Look after yourself mate.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53341 on: December 25, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »

Was quite curious to note that the sort of roly-poly roof design is all the rage these days, remarkable similarities between the new HS2 Station, St Pancras & Heathrow T5.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53342 on: December 25, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »

Hi tikay, sorry I missed this the other day.

Think bet was unfortunate. Would have liked to have got off with a winner.

Alias based on name and I’m from just outside Glasgow.

Glasgow? By chance, I was up there the weekend before last. It may well be lovely when the sun shines, but it rained non-stop.

blondepoker used to have an "interest" in a poker club in Glasgow, think it was on Bridge Street, one of the nicer parts of town.

Just transferred this over to your diary as it is a bit off topic on the tips thread

Cincins appears to be a bank now

You might have noticed the waste ground a couple of blocks up.  It used to be this building

Quite a lot of fantastic buildings like this have been demolished in Glasgow, it really is a disgrace.

Fabulous stuff.

I'm guessing this has gone now, too? Do you recognize it?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53343 on: December 25, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »

Funny things. I've literally been speaking to a friend today about a vegan Chinese restaurant in Glasgow and the first two letters of the sign appeared in doubleup's photo bang next door to the bank. Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant. It is meant to be exceptional and since I am dabbling in veganism (unsure if that's a term), and have never been, I'll likely take a trip through some time soon.

Have you moved? I thought you were in Dundee, or am I getting confused?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53344 on: December 25, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »

Hey Tone, remember these?

Blimey Tom.

Those are the spare keys to my new black BMW, which I gave to you for safe-keeping when I first got it. I had it for about 5 years, then chopped it for my current one, which I've had for 6 years......

Time don't 'arf fly.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53345 on: December 25, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »

Hope you are well Tony.

I guess you will be enjoying some of the snooker this week. If you can catch it tonight's match Trump v Sharav features my new favourite player in Eden Sharav. He's an Israeli Scotsman (good luck getting a drink out of him) and is built for comfort rather than speed. He looks like he should be doing stand up in New York for a living with the snazzy clothes and looks but has a really nice game.

One of those guys that takes ages to do everything but plays really good shots when he does. In his last two matches he's come from 3-1 down to beat Ali Carter 4-3 and then last night came from 4-1 down to beat Peter Ebdon 5-4 in a 9 frame match that lasted 5 hours.

Earlier in the week he beat Micahel White 4-2 in a match where he made 5 50 breaks in 6 frames. Going to be a proper clash of snooker styles with Trump likely to be playing it like its's a pool match as usual and Sharav just trotting around the table in his own time.

Should be an interesting match if you can catch it. Think you will like the guy

Thanks Phil.

is built for comfort rather than speed

Ha, perfectly described.

I did watch his match v Trump. I don't take against many folks, but I struggle to warm to Trump, so I wanted the Big Fella to do a job on him. Sadly, he missed too many chances, but I did like him a great deal.

I adore watching snooker, & it's one of the few sports I (think ) I really understand the nuances. When I watch it with Gill I must drive her nuts, as I tell her what the next shot will be, & why.

I understand the techniques & stances, too, or I kid myself I do. Watching Mark Allen drives me nuts, with that stabby snatchy cue action, & his chin awkwardly to one side. We are supposed to have the cue under our chin, but he has it under his left ear then skews his jaw to compensate. Bizarre. Horrible to watch, but to be fair, it works for him.

Your man Eden Sharav has that bent at the knee stance which so many of the big chaps also do. Fascinating to watch. I love watching Ronnie, & Mark Williams too.

Not sure I enjoy any televised sport more than snooker. Love that the guys dress properly, & the audience is respectful. (Note the Darts coverage, yuk). And they self-police. When the ball has to be replaced after a "miss", the ref trusts the player to say if it is in the right spot. And they don't cheat. The other player - the seated one - is always asked "is that OK?" but he just nods, he never gets up & checks it.

Compare that to a player taking a corner in football. They ALWAYS try to nick a few inches, & then the ref says "move it back" & the player grudgingly moves it back half an inch. As if it makes the slightest difference at a corner......

3 favourite televised sports?

Snooker

Golf (though the Sky coverage is dreadful).

Cricket.

Horse racing.

Oops, that's four.

Least favourite?

Darts, for sure tops the list.

Skiing.

Any women's sport. Just can't get excited by it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53346 on: December 25, 2018, 01:38:10 PM »

It's the GUKPT Grand Final PLO comp tonight Mr. T. Hope you can make it , with their new dress code rules -  I think it's no ripped jeans or sportswear and jacket and tie must be worn - you and I would probably start heads up .

How did you get on Grant?

I don't play much Live these days. All these re-entries & multiple live/online Day 1's. It drives me nuts.

How is your health now?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53347 on: December 25, 2018, 01:39:27 PM »

A passenger took this pic of a shredded engine on Frontier flight 260 from Vegas to Tampa.  The plane was able to turn around and land. She says all passengers got a free breakfast voucher.

'Tis bit a surface wound.

It's just the engine cover, nothing to be worried about. Though I guess if I were on that 'plane, I might just have crapped myself. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53348 on: December 25, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »

No more fiddy-ones.

Peanuts and crackerjacks still sold.

For those that were slightly whooshed, the Las Vegas Baseball Team, formerly known as the 51ers, (after Area 51 which is nearby), has now been re-named the Aviators in memory of Howard Hughes, who of course famously resided in Vegas for many a year. He took a room in the Desert Inn one night in 1966, & liked it so much he purchased the whole damn thing.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53349 on: December 25, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »

Morning Alll,

I've been away for a few days, and came back expecting insightful banter about drones and the authorities; Bonkers Brexit chatter and maybe the
ocassional Festive iirony; but no, nothing.

Have I missed a memo, have we gone mute for Xmas?

Well I for one will be raising a glass (or four) to you all, and especially Tony for adding colour, humour, sarcasm in equal measures to my mundane existance.

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Dave & Sue  

Thanks Sue & Dave, have you had your 25th Vegas trip yet?

I saw this photo the other day & it reminded me of a Vegas oddity....

Of course, the real Vegas sign is amazing, in that even now, there are queues all day every day to get photos taken in front of it. All very odd, but we are no different, bet I've taken or had taken a dozen photos in front of it over the years.

I can think of two signs that are famous the world over - the Vegas sign, & this one. Are there any others even half as famous?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53350 on: December 25, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »

OK, enough for now, I'm half-caught up, will try & do the rest later, or in the morning.

Time for dinner & a snooze. Love an afternoon snooze, sign of age I suppose. It's about as close I get to decadence these days.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 06:15:39 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53351 on: December 25, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »

Barry Carter's Dog wishes you all a Merry Christmas.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53352 on: December 25, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

I did actually think of you today as I threw away two excess Yorkshire puddings having consumed the first couple.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53353 on: December 25, 2018, 07:17:14 PM »

I did actually think of you today as I threw away two excess Yorkshire puddings having consumed the first couple.

Does not compute...

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53354 on: December 25, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »

Does not compute...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3553 3554 3555 3556 [3557] 3558 3559 3560 3561 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: