blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:03:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 494537 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: May 16, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »

Cutting out fruit to try to lose a few extra pounds isn't a great idea at all.

Fruit obviously contains calories but it also contains loads of good stuff and the fibre and vitamins far outweigh the calories in terms of cost/benefit.

You won't notice 2 or 3 extra pounds other than when you look at the scales so it's just not worth it. You've clearly reached a steady state and if you carried on you'd keep dropping a tiny bit every month.

Your crash diet has worked as it always does. Crash dieting does not involve removal of fruit so don't do it.

What you've achieved is amazing. Upping the daily walk might well get you where you want to be so give that a try.

If all else fails and you desperately want to see 12st 4lb on the scales you'd be better off having a laxative and a sauna rather than cutting out your grapes and pineapples.

Mission accomplished. You da man thumbs up

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 16, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »

OK Matt, all understood.

Believe me, if you consume a giant bowl of fresh grapes or pineapple every night, as I do, there's no need for laxatives, none at all.

I'll stay with the fruit, then, & up the daily walk distance.

And yes, 12st 4, 12st 7, it makes no odds really. 

I suppose 12-7 for a well-built chap who is 6' tall is not too bad.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: May 16, 2016, 02:48:30 PM »

OK Matt, all understood.

Believe me, if you consume a giant bowl of fresh grapes or pineapple every night, as I do, there's no need for laxatives, none at all.

I get through loads of fruit so yes I believe you.

I suppose it would be yes.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5058 on: May 17, 2016, 11:34:26 AM »

OK Matt, all understood.

At one time,heavyweight boxers were 12st 7.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 18, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »

OK Matt, all understood.

I'm still 4 1/2 stone behind you, and I'd guess I'm the same '6"' as yourself Wink

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: May 22, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »

Congrats Teeks, smashing it pre Vegas as per usual. See Marky also putting a shift in, getting lighter.

For reference, my weight today s 13st 10lb
Lost 1 and a half stone last five weeks, been ridic busy finishing off a renovation. Had to be ready to hand over to estate agent yesterday as i'm off to the States tomorrow.

Will weigh in when I get back, see how much goes back on after 10 days of holiday eating.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: May 22, 2016, 04:32:19 PM »

Half a shift, or somewhere near Grin

Well done on the loss, that's some going in 5 weeks.

Have a great holiday!

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »

Half a shift, or somewhere near Grin

Well done on the loss, that's some going in 5 weeks.

Have a great holiday!

Cheers Mark
Doing Florida and the parks, family trip. I hate rides, going for the food Grin

Lost it working 12 hours + daily on a renovation and not eating as much, couldn't be arsed making dinner when I didn't get home till gone 11pm. Lost a load a muscle too though, so might have to get in on the other thread too, post hols.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 22, 2016, 11:16:37 PM »

Not done that since I was 17, but want to go back now that I wouldn't have to queue for any rides Grin

Easily done if you're putting in shifts like that, especially when it has started heating up during that day.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: May 28, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »

It is 4 months today that Diet # 793 commenced, here's where I am......

January 16th - 14st 13lbs

February 22nd - 14st 3lbs

March 28th - 12st 13lbs

April 16th 12st 9lbs

May 16th 12st 7lbs

Loss to date - 2st 6lbs.

As you can see, the weight loss has dwindled, & only 2lbs lost in the last month, which is a shade disappointing.

I can only assume that my fuel intake & spend is in equilibrium. Amazing really, as I'm still walking every single day, & strict dieting, with no cheat days or let up. Maybe a shade too much fruit - I consume huge bowl of fresh grapes or pineapple every night. That apart, I could not have done much differently, so can't really have any regrets.

My primary goal was 12st 7lbs, & that box is ticked, but I had secretly hoped for 12st 4, or 12st 5, something like that.

I have just under 3 weeks left before Vegas, so I'll keep plugging away, & maybe consume less fruit, & up the daily walk to 3 miles, that might help.  

Pretty pleased overall though. Feel much better & fitter, & not touched a Rennie since Jan 16th.

I have to share something really amazing with you.

As I noted above, my weight loss stopped, & I was stuck on 12st 7lbs.

Since then, in 12 days, I've lost another 3lbs, so 12st 4 now, & I'm chuffed to bits. That takes the total loss since Jan 16th to 2 st 9lbs, almost 20% of my body weight.

How did this happen, how come I suddenly started losing weight again?

I was thinking about my diet one day last week, & I had one of these moments.......

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:55:49 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: May 28, 2016, 08:58:35 AM »

I just suddenly had a moment of clarity, an epiphany even.

Instead of cutting down on the fruit, keep the fruit intake as it is, & double the amount walked. I also walked faster - walk/jogged in fact.

It's so logical you see - the fuel intake remained constant, but I increased the fuel burn. How clever am I?

It's amazing how these things come to us if we really think about them. 

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: May 28, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »

Never really left the thread, but had a little bit of health concern to tidy up first.  In doing so, I seem to have inadvertently made progress on the weight front too.  Vegas at the end of June, for now I am 14st 6 lbs, a shadow of my former self, but could still do with a little bit of a final shove in anticipation of over-indulging out there.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5067 on: June 01, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »

I just suddenly had a moment of clarity, an epiphany even.

Instead of cutting down on the fruit, keep the fruit intake as it is, & double the amount walked. I also walked faster - walk/jogged in fact.

It's so logical you see - the fuel intake remained constant, but I increased the fuel burn. How clever am I?

It's amazing how these things come to us if we really think about them. 

Bugger! I wanted to take you for a walk around Croft Quarry before you went to Vegas and got fat and turgid again but now it's too late.

Never mind. There's always next year.

The older I get, the better I was.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: June 02, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »

Got back today.
was 13st 10lb before I let.
Am 14st 0lb today. Obv not eaten much though as they give you sod all on plane journey back..lol

All that walking round the parks helped, done a few body-weight exercises whilst there too.

Marky - Can confirm you would be straight to the front of the queue in your 'wheels'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: June 02, 2016, 03:59:57 PM »

Never really left the thread, but had a little bit of health concern to tidy up first.  In doing so, I seem to have inadvertently made progress on the weight front too.  Vegas at the end of June, for now I am 14st 6 lbs, a shadow of my former self, but could still do with a little bit of a final shove in anticipation of over-indulging out there.

I'll try helping you to get a good few back on later this month Wink

Got back today.
was 13st 10lb before I let.
Am 14st 0lb today. Obv not eaten much though as they give you sod all on plane journey back..lol

All that walking round the parks helped, done a few body-weight exercises whilst there too.

Marky - Can confirm you would be straight to the front of the queue in your 'wheels'

That's not a bad post holiday weigh-in, you have to be pleased with that.

As soon as the nephew & niece are of theme park age, I'll be suggesting it, that's for sure Grin

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: