blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272663 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  4,000 STTs in 4 months
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4,000 STTs in 4 months  (Read 162506 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »

[ playing with some of the clowns at the $105's.
[/quote]

Like Silo, I would have called these players good players.  I have alot to learn..lol
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »

[ playing with some of the clowns at the $105's.

Like Silo, I would have called these players good players.  I have alot to learn..lol
[/quote]

You'd be amazed. It's all relative to what you can afford to lose.

I personally have always found that the toughest levels lie between $20 and $50, as this is where the players who have become aware of starting hand selection play. Basically they are as tight as a nu........
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2006, 06:16:36 AM »

Day 54 - Dealt for the last time at Cincinnatis this evening. Don't really need the gig anymore, and it'll get in the way of travel plans etc. (Not to mention my blonde bash drinking plans)

As I was working, only did a half day when I got back. Just the 30 tournaments.

Day 54 Results : -265.5 (+$8,048.8 total)
ROI : 12.6% (after 1064 played)

I like the timing of my day off tomorrow, just after a losing sesh. I'll be back early Sunday morning to tell you how many I played on Saturday, and hopefully, report another win.  Cheesy

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2006, 08:54:37 AM »

Hey, Tank

were you are dealer(that is a card type..lol) before you got the job at CinCins?

how good do you have to be?  Would card magic skills be ok?

cheeers, and good luck
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2006, 09:03:44 AM »

Answers to your questions as far as I understand them.

No, not very and always.  Cheesy

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 26, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »

Days 55 and 56 - Decided to mix it up today and played a bunch of the $105+9's. If I can beat them two things'll happen. I'll get Supernova sooner, and I'll make more dosh. Both good things I'm sure you'll agree so why not give them a try.

The quest is still to play 4,000 though. I'm not allowed to change the rules halfway through. That would just be naughty.

It just means that getting 4,000 and becoming Supernova won't coincide. Twice the drama or half the drama? I'll leave that for you to decide.

A bunch of guys mix it up playing a combination of 55's and 105's. The 105's can be quite slow to fill sometimes. I think I'll do that. Today I played 38 big ones and 4 little ones.

Days 55 and 56 Results :
-$882 (+$7,166.8 total)
ROI : 10.5% (after 1106 tournaments, 1068 little ones + 38 big ones)
VPPs 28,620
FPPs 66,417

So I stepped up and lost. Is it time to step back down again? That's what I've been pondering for the last hour or so.

I've decided to stick at the 105's for another day, what swayed me was, when looking back over the 38 tournaments, I was knocked out or crippled by AA a total of 17 times. Running into that many aces won't be typical so I think it's safe to assume I've had a bad run and it's worth giving them another try today.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. If I'm down by an amount with a comma in it then I'll certainly leave them be.

I've got a good run going at the $55's at the moment and wouldn't feel comfortable multi-tabling a higher limit just yet.

Well I felt comfortable enough today. If I lost big again though, I probably wouldn't.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:17:12 AM by thetank » Logged

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 26, 2006, 11:55:48 AM »

I think I have a new tactic for STT. This is probably obvious to the people like Tank who play them all the time. But from now on, I am going to be ultra agressive. Before when I played STT or 2 table tournies, I would wait and wait untill I got dealt premium hands when all my opponenets collected vast chick stacks around me.

I think this is why I have reached alot of final tables. But as you know when playing tournaments  it is only the top 3 or 7 who get paid. So it is no use being at the final table unless you are in a chip position to go to war. Last night I played 4 small ($3 buy-in) STT. I won three of them and went out in 10th in the other. I did this by playing very agressively and taking some gambles.

I think agression really pays at these small tournaments. Is this the correct way to approach things?

Is one of the factors to take into consideration when playing STT, a gambling factor?

What do you think?

In my usual ring games, you can sit and wait and wait and wait. The you get a good hand and get paid. But at STT, the blinds start to hurt if you just wait for a top hand.

ty
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:03:46 PM by Sark79 » Logged
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 26, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »

I think you need an adjustable strategy for all games that is dependant on how your opposition is playing. If they are tight then you can loosen up and be aggressive, if they are loose then a tight approach will often get the job done.
As regards to Sttt's I think you need to ask yourself where does your edge come from . If a group of fairly tight players play and only play decent hands ect then after say level 3 everyone is waiting for a hand to move in with so your edge ( if you had one at the start ) has gone . This is why I will play early on when it is cheap to do so and can make the most of my edge on the field. The benefit of having a good stack at the sharp end of an stt is also pretty big.
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 27, 2006, 03:23:11 AM »

Good luck with the bigger STTs Tank, I agree that 17 times being faced with aces is just bad luck, let us know how you get on today, hope it all goes well for you. Speak to you soon.

Sophie xx

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 27, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

Day 57 - My first batch of 30 went very well. I had all but made up for the previous days loss. I began to feel not averse to these $105 thingies.

The 2nd batch began disatorously though. A run of bad luck (I hope) had me even further in the hole. I could feel myself in the beggining stages of tilt and had to continually talk (out loud) to myself to stop it's onset.
The session rallied in the end thankfully.

I really needed it too as, if it didn't, that would be me and the $105s parting ways for the time being.

I was getting to the point with the $55s where I was so comfortable that I could take three bad bubble beats on different tables simultaneously without batting an eyelid, secure in my knowledge that I'm a long term winner at them. I don't have that yet for the $105s, hopefully it will come with time.

Untill it does, I shall set tilt-watch to Defcon 3. It is more of a danger now than ever.

Day 57 Results : +$406 (+$7,572.8 total)
ROI : 10.2%   after 79 $105s and 1,087 $55s (1,166 total)
VPPs 31,200
FPPs 72,867

I really need a days results with a comma in it to set me at ease with these larger tournaments and get the ROI back on track. It has fallen today, even though I won a modest amount.

Bit of a  forgot about the $100k VIP freeroll this month. Oooops
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:32:50 PM by thetank » Logged

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »

I think I have a new tactic for STT. This is probably obvious to the people like Tank who play them all the time. But from now on, I am going to be ultra agressive. Before when I played STT or 2 table tournies, I would wait and wait untill I got dealt premium hands when all my opponenets collected vast chick stacks around me.

I think this is why I have reached alot of final tables.

Don't want to split hairs but in STTs (Single table tournaments) it's rather easy to reach the final table.  Cheesy

Are you talking about multi-table sit n go's?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:43 PM »

Tank, quick question, how do you manage to have such an odd figure for your winnings? +$7,572.8 total, are the prize structures for these not split into whole dollars?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 27, 2006, 05:17:48 PM »

I think this is why I have reached alot of final tables.

Don't want to split hairs but in STTs (Single table tournaments) it's rather easy to reach the final table.  Cheesy

Are you talking about multi-table sit n go's?

Yea, I was talking about the multi-table sit n go's. Sorry, that was my  for today.

For a while, I thought I was playing them well. But when I actually look at my chip count upon reaching the final table, it is normally on the short side.  I now realise anyone could get to the final table if they just stay out of trouble early on.

I am now going to be alot more agressive early on. I think in my small stakes sit n go's, agressive seems to work best. Go out early or build a nice size stack for the later stages.

What do you think?

TenJack (10JQKA)
BBII winner!!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 27, 2006, 09:07:46 PM »

... all my opponenets collected vast chick stacks around me.

What site's this on then Sark?  Sounds interesting.   Cheesy

Good luck with your strategy experiments though.

Continues to be a great thread Tank.  Hope you have a big day on the £105's soon.
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 27, 2006, 10:33:50 PM »

... all my opponenets collected vast chick stacks around me.

I understand some of the old-timers like Doyle used to refer to chips as 'checks'?

Presumably if you cross chips with checks, you get...   ?   

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: