blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2k scoop spot
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2k scoop spot  (Read 32563 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »

Golf now that is a game of %'s!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »

Yeah, I played one of my friends last week who's all keen and enthusiastic about the game and thinks he can play a bit. Well let me tell you he can't. On one of the par 3's I hit a sweet 8 iron off the tee which was the perfect club for the yardage. Anyway, he steps up and pulls a 5 iron out his bag. What an abs joker. I said he was pathetic for using a 5 iron and he was clearly wrong in his decision. I knocked the confidence right out of him and deservedly so. At the end of the day he's gotta know that I am much better than him and what a fool he is. That's how you learn in golf.

TBF, you are defending a no-listen idiot who was given lots of well thought out feedback initially. The mocking only started after he started the trash talking

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »

LMFAO.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »

3rd most replied to pha of all time lol

in like 3days!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »

Yeah, I played one of my friends last week who's all keen and enthusiastic about the game and thinks he can play a bit. Well let me tell you he can't. On one of the par 3's I hit a sweet 8 iron off the tee which was the perfect club for the yardage. Anyway, he steps up and pulls a 5 iron out his bag. What an abs joker. I said he was pathetic for using a 5 iron and he was clearly wrong in his decision. I knocked the confidence right out of him and deservedly so. At the end of the day he's gotta know that I am much better than him and what a fool he is. That's how you learn in golf.

TBF, you are defending a no-listen idiot who was given lots of well thought out feedback initially. The mocking only started after he started the trash talking

Sorry bud haven't read all of thread. The message is to those players who say you shouldn't comment on high stakes hands if you don't play them because it's a kinda smug viewpoint that would lookly wildly out of place in any other game. Didn't realise there was a trash talking poker player itt, whatever next??

Btw what did villain have?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »

I am good at the game of golf and usually play at The Belfry. I think anybody who isn't as good as me should be banned from playing this course and stick to shitty municipal courses where they belong. Why the hell should 24 handicap players think they are entitled to play courses which are clearly beyond their abilities? Next time I see somebody hack the ball away I'm gonna go straight over and tell them to fuck off.

I dont think any1 is saying if your bad at poker you cant play the $2k (in fact most grinders would say quite the opposite).  If a scratch golfer posted he was having trouble with a slight hook and a 24 handicapper came in and told him to just aim further to the right its probably not the advise the scratch golfer is looking for.  Sure its good that the 24 handicapper is getting involved with discussions to help his game but if the 24 handicapper just insists that your stupid for not taking his advise you can see how that might derail the thread (as has happened here lol)

i actually don't think 4bet/folding AJo pre here is terrible option (i disagree its turning our hand into 72o, we got blockers and sometimes he peels) but calling is probably better.  Idk whats best on river its so hard for him to have a hand that beats us but at the same time such a strange line for a really good player to take as a bluff (maybe he does all the time and thats why he crushes).  I feel he could also be taking this line for value with sets+ (as weird as it is) to try get hero calls (and i don't think he'd expect you to make hero folds with your really good hands).  I think I like the fold eps when you factor in how tilted you will be if you call and get owned.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »

People are funny. You've got Trigg, Chris Bram, Jamie Sykes and lildave, who are 4 of the best players in the world, telling someone that their thinking in a pretty basic spot is wrong, and they don't consider for 1 second that maybe they should consider changing their mind. Then someone decides to lol agree with him.

Smiley taking levelling to the next level

Tongue

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »

So much fun to read. It's like watching this constantly.

First guy = Nit Tendencies

Second guy = Aaron imo

The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

The fact that I study has got nothing to do with it and I definitely don't class myself as a student for many different reasons.

I have approached this thread and seen the action in front and can't understand why there is no re-raise. At any level of stake, I personally think you should be re-rasing here and all these people with regards to percentages is stupid, you can't play the percentages all the times, I'm sorry, but when you play poker live or online, percentages don't come into your head.

There are some people on here that can see my point of view to re-rasing, but if you don't agree that is fine. Flatting the bet in my view is not getting you any information and at any point does Trigg know where he is? Is it ok saying to flat? What if the flop is totally different? You ae indeed giving the opponent free cards.

Again, talking about stake... I haven't played at this level before, then you are wrong again. But then again, I have a social life and not sat behind a PC 24 hours a day.

I am re-raising this pre-flop every day of the week.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »

Trigg - How many tables did Kirby have open at the time of this hand?

just 1, was pretty late on sunday
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »

I am good at the game of golf and usually play at The Belfry. I think anybody who isn't as good as me should be banned from playing this course and stick to shitty municipal courses where they belong. Why the hell should 24 handicap players think they are entitled to play courses which are clearly beyond their abilities? Next time I see somebody hack the ball away I'm gonna go straight over and tell them to fuck off.

I dont think any1 is saying if your bad at poker you cant play the $2k (in fact most grinders would say quite the opposite).  If a scratch golfer posted he was having trouble with a slight hook and a 24 handicapper came in and told him to just aim further to the right its probably not the advise the scratch golfer is looking for.  Sure its good that the 24 handicapper is getting involved with discussions to help his game but if the 24 handicapper just insists that your stupid for not taking his advise you can see how that might derail the thread (as has happened here lol)

i actually don't think 4bet/folding AJo pre here is terrible option (i disagree its turning our hand into 72o, we got blockers and sometimes he peels) but calling is probably better.  Idk whats best on river its so hard for him to have a hand that beats us but at the same time such a strange line for a really good player to take as a bluff (maybe he does all the time and thats why he crushes).  I feel he could also be taking this line for value with sets+ (as weird as it is) to try get hero calls (and i don't think he'd expect you to make hero folds with your really good hands).  I think I like the fold eps when you factor in how tilted you will be if you call and get owned.

If a 24 handicapper told a scratch golfer he should aim further to the right to cure his hook the good golfers should come on and explain exactly why aiming to the right is only accentuating the problem. Afterall good golfers have heard this thought process a thousand times before and can easily expose it as poor advice with their logic and experience.

All the other 24 handicap golfers who think the same way would be glad that the good golfers showed a bit of class and took the time to explain why it is amateur advice. They would also be glad that the 24 handicapper got involved and got good golfers talking about a common problem. What the good golfers shouldn't do is get all anxious that there are confident 24 handicappers in the world.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »

lol mantis have you read through the thread

people have been banging their heads against a wall trying to explain. Aaron is so objective in his thinking that he won't listen to other points of view
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »

Ok I will have 0.1% in the next $2k event of arron anyone join me?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »

If a 24 handicapper told a scratch golfer he should aim further to the right to cure his hook the good golfers should come on and explain exactly why aiming to the right is only accentuating the problem. Afterall good golfers have heard this thought process a thousand times before and can easily expose it as poor advice with their logic and experience.

All the other 24 handicap golfers who think the same way would be glad that the good golfers showed a bit of class and took the time to explain why it is amateur advice. They would also be glad that the 24 handicapper got involved and got good golfers talking about a common problem. What the good golfers shouldn't do is get all anxious that there are confident 24 handicappers in the world.

Previous posts in this thread already explained why other replies to the OP are off track and gave solid reasons why.  I don't think any good poker player is getting anxious that there are confident bad poker players in the world.  After all bad players being over confident is part of the reason why poker can be profitable.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »

lol mantis have you read through the thread

people have been banging their heads against a wall trying to explain. Aaron is so objective in his thinking that he won't listen to other points of view

Think I'm confused cos don't know why these people are banging their heads against a wall trying to convince Aaron about something. Is it important to convince Aaron do you think?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: