blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Jimmy Saville
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Saville  (Read 51900 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »

I imagine it's because the press have generated the interest.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »

Pretty sure a fair few of them have been wanting to get it off their chests without fear of being slapped with a lawsuit, he was notorious for doing that.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »

Pretty sure a fair few of them have been wanting to get it off their chests without fear of being slapped with a lawsuit, he was notorious for doing that.

This is certainly a factor - I'm no media insider but it was pretty common knowledge that once he died all sorts of stories would come out.

Also, if you were a victim of his back in the 70s there would have been the strong feeling that no one would believe you and it would be something that you'd want to put behind you and try and forget about. Once a couple of people come forward, then the victims don't feel alone any more and that gives more of them the strength to come forward.

I imagine it's because the press have generated the interest.

There's also a very pernicious angle to this from the press as well. The Leveson inquiry has severely clipped their wings as to how far they can chase stories on celebrities. The subtext to this Savile stuff is 'we might out the next Savile/Glitter sooner if we're allowed more freedom in running stories investigating celebrities'.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »

so what are they gaining from going to the press now? I just do not get it in 2012 them doing this.

$$$$$$$

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »

so what are they gaining from going to the press now? I just do not get it in 2012 them doing this.

$$$$$$$

I think you're wrong on this one Pleno. More $$$$$$$ would have been gained while he were alive.

There may be some women out there who are after money, but I bet these aren't the genuine cases.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »

I don't understand why past victims are going to the press though first instead of the police? why do we have to know about every little step of the investigation. Its sickening and vile.

In a ridiculous sort of way they dont trust the police???

I was talking to my wife (she's got a psychology degree and counsells children of all ages) about this and without going into too much detail she told me of a client of hers who was seriously abused in the late 70's by a family member. She went to the police and was sent back home and told to stop making stories up. This client's family were even against saying things like 'why do you want to cause trouble for the family'. Back in the day these crimes happened as regularly as they do now but people didn't really take it seriously.

This is so very true.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »

spot on

they would have been paid god knows how much for these events ten years ago

a lot more than now anyway like anything possibly 10% will be cranks
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

I dont like it when people say things like. "i knew it!, he was so weird"  or "there was always something about him"  aftertimg strerotypes dont' sit well with me.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »

I dont like it when people say things like. "i knew it!, he was so weird"  or "there was always something about him"  aftertimg strerotypes dont' sit well with me.

I thought somebody would say this

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 03:37:41 PM »

+1 always easy after the event

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »

100% correct and something I've been guilty of since the stories started coming out.

Trigg wins.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »

When you play live poker do you never go with your gut feeling when deciding what to do?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »

When you play live poker do you never go with your gut feeling when deciding what to do?

The most annoying poker players are the ones who say "I knew you had that", but played the hand totally opposite to the way they would have played it if they really did know.

After timers.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »

The most annoying poker players are the ones who say "I knew you had that", but played the hand totally opposite to the way they would have played it if they really did know.

After timers.

Knew you were going to post that.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »

When will these jimmy saville sex allegations ever end? Police are now saying jeremy beadle may have had a small hand in it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: