blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 256352 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2015, 06:21:09 PM »

I think this is their last throw of the dice Tighty.  Might work though as could decimate the UKIP vote?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »

I think this is their last throw of the dice Tighty.  Might work though as could decimate the UKIP vote?

i think the conservative campaign has been poor

i think miliband has surprised

i know the anti-snp stuff won't appeal to many

but ukip has reduced the tory vote by about 5-7% compared to 2005 election time. so thats the difference between getting 37% and 32% say

i was wondering, with an eye on markets/betting etc, whether people saw this tack as a game changer, or not?

will many ukippers be tempted to switch? i have little feel for it, but suspect not

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »

Think a certain Ukip defection is already built into spreads last time I looked.  They generally have Tories 10 to 20 seats ahead.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2015, 09:07:50 PM »

just makes ukip under 3.5 seats an even bigger bet.  Surely this is the tory push now?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2015, 11:23:26 PM »

I've followed this election campaign less than any other of my adult life.

Apathy on my part I guess.

The one question I'm eager to have answered, which I haven't found a decent article about is why the SNP are going to do so well, so soon after losing the referendum?

Surely logic suggests they would do really badly as there is no prospect of another referendum for another 40 years or so.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2015, 11:24:23 PM »

Surely if the SNP are part of a coalition, they wouldn't have the front to demand another referendum would they?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 22, 2015, 11:32:28 PM »

The one question I'm eager to have answered, which I haven't found a decent article about is why the SNP are going to do so well, so soon after losing the referendum?

Surely logic suggests they would do really badly as there is no prospect of another referendum for another 40 years or so.

Because the Scots want a better deal for Scotland, but unless you ask Kmac don't want independence currently.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 22, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »

Surely if the SNP are part of a coalition, they wouldn't have the front to demand another referendum would they?

What else are they so power hungry for?  Only thing they are in the game for.  They lost the yes/no 48/52 but that was a big 'win' in real terms because it wasn't expected to be that close.  They will keep forcing another yes/no vote until they win or until the price of oil is less than $30 a barrel and even their economic plans then makes no sense.  Naughty Nic will probably still want independence then even if oil was worthless.

snap kmac arrives to balance up the story!!!!  Too predictable!  He must set his leftie alarm to go off at full blast whenever me and woodsey post!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:38:29 PM by arbboy » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 22, 2015, 11:35:55 PM »

What else are they so power hungry for?  Only thing they are in the game for.  They lost the yes/no 48/52 but that was a big 'win' in real terms because it wasn't expected to be that close.  They will keep forcing another yes/no vote until they win or until the price of oil is less than $30 a barrel and even their economic plans then make no sense.

Yup basically. When do we get the chance to vote them out FFS?  Cheesy
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 22, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

Why would it be front to have another referendum, and why would it be 40 year?

It would be the democratic will of the Scottish people, if the SNP put in their 2016 manifesto for the Scottish Parliament a referendum and they are voted in by the electorate then there will and should be a referendum.  

As to why the SNP are so popular well the truth is Scotland has had enough of Labour, they were hand and glove with the tories during the referendu campaign, they aren't a left of centre party that people have faith in, we don't do UKIP and the Lib Dems are falling apart at the seams.  

I don't think England should worry about the SNP, if anything the people on the left should be thankful.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 22, 2015, 11:39:04 PM »

I can only think the Scots are embarrassed by their inability to step up when it mattered and are showing off now when it doesn't matter any more

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 22, 2015, 11:41:18 PM »

I can only think the Scots are embarrassed by their inability to step up when it mattered and are showing off now when it doesn't matter any more

Or lack a pair when it matters?  Grin
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 22, 2015, 11:45:38 PM »

Or lack a pair when it matters?   Grin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/11553769/BP-sees-massive-shock-for-North-Sea-as-oil-glut-deepens.html

Or maybe they realise the numbers don't add up anymore.  

To say England shouldn't worry about the snp is comical.  The snp has the power to busto England beyond repair in the next 5 years then offski and leave us with all the problems when they finally when a 48/52 flip.  Even deadman would lose a 48/52 flip eventually if he run it enough times.  Would Nic turn St Andrews day into the annual yes/no vote until she finally wins a flip and can go it alone?

We have never needed a tory majority more in my lifetime than in 2 weeks.  SNP will make labour look like tories spending wise if they get into power with the reds.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:48:16 PM by arbboy » Logged
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 22, 2015, 11:51:47 PM »

I can't see Scottish Independence being an issue for a long, long time to come.

The Yes campaign constantly said it was a once in a generation chance from the get go.

A lot of people who voted Yes were swayed by nonsense economic figures that were dependent on the oil price.  And it looks like the Saudi's are gonna be keeping it low for a reasonable amount of time.

And the vote was 45/55 with I think 10-11% not voting, so a decent amount of the population were clearly happy with the status quo.

It'll be 35-40% for a good few years yet but of course they will be the ones who shout by far the loudest.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 22, 2015, 11:54:13 PM »

Why would it be front to have another referendum, and why would it be 40 year?

It would be the democratic will of the Scottish people, if the SNP put in their 2016 manifesto for the Scottish Parliament a referendum and they are voted in by the electorate then there will and should be a referendum.  

As to why the SNP are so popular well the truth is Scotland has had enough of Labour, they were hand and glove with the tories during the referendu campaign, they aren't a left of centre party that people have faith in, we don't do UKIP and the Lib Dems are falling apart at the seams.  

I don't think England should worry about the SNP, if anything the people on the left should be thankful.

Because you can't keep having referendums until you win one. That would be farcical.

I'm not at worried by the SNP being part of a coalition, indeed I think it would be good for the country in alot of ways.

Just don't think another referendum is viable for another generation at least.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: