blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:58:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 255027 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 17, 2015, 07:15:41 PM »

I heard a Scottish Labour MP say 40% undecided voters , which I thought way too high, though if there's a much lower turnout that in Indyref that's possible?

scottish turnout should be high

from memory last GE it was 60% and the election as a whole was 65%

the supposition goes that some yes voters in 2014 would never have voted in a GE before, anti westminster etc, and by voting this time scotland may go above the uk average for turnout for the first time

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 17, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »

the SNP did deals at Holyrood with the Tories from 2007-2011

i wouldn't suggest that their ideology would outweigh any pragmatism post may7th!

for example, you would think that labour trident SNP no trident might be a sticking point, but in practice we're not giving it up so the SNP will give that argument up

i think the thing that rankles the english voter (marginal and tory) is that scotland already gets a disporoportionate share of the pie under the barnett formula and one of the bribes to get the no vote through in the independence referendum through was devo-max more money for scotland

under a lab minority government that is "supply and confidence" going vote by vote and relying on the snp, you'd have to say that the snp holds the power (where is miliband without them, can't get a queens specch through, second election)......and will extract a lot more concessions

i think that articulates the fear.

This.

From now to polling day the Tories will hammer home the SNP tail wagging the Labour dog.
When it comes to placing that cross, will the marginal voter really vote for a  milliband/balls/sturgeon/salmond unknown bag of tricks?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 17, 2015, 07:46:57 PM »

I posted on TFT other day that I saw an old boy place a hefty bet on SNP winning Murphy's seat. 

Alexander going would be the icing on the cake, I can't stand that weasely little fool. 

My own Constituency MP refuses to come through my street because I follow him to every door and counter his lies but sadly, he will manage to keep his seat due to the boundaries. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 17, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »

My own Constituency MP refuses to come through my street because I follow him to every door and counter his lies

!

!!

pause

!!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:56 PM »

Story time please

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 17, 2015, 08:09:41 PM »

Story time please

Not really a story but Willie Bain is terrible, never see him apart from election time.  He can't handle being questioned and when you shove back at him he doesn't like it. 

So now i just take to debunking every lie he tells.   

It's quite fun. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 17, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »

I posted on TFT other day that I saw an old boy place a hefty bet on SNP winning Murphy's seat.  

Alexander going would be the icing on the cake, I can't stand that weasely little fool.  

My own Constituency MP refuses to come through my street because I follow him to every door and counter his lies but sadly, he will manage to keep his seat due to the boundaries.  

Kmac can you confirm how you saw this bet? Where when and how much was the bet?  Which firm and what price? I assume it was placed in a betting shop North of the border as you don't work in the betting industry.  You don't come across as the type who loiters in betting shops for hours on end so I am assuming it is another one of your mythical tales to suit your blinkered views.  Getting hefty bets on in betting shops on politics or anything full stop usually means you are a mug btw.  I am more likely to stick a needle in my eye than get a hefty bet on politics taken in a betting shop anywhere in the uk.

Who was the old boy?  Was it tony ansell?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:21:32 PM by arbboy » Logged
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 17, 2015, 08:35:31 PM »

Kmac can you confirm how you saw this bet? Where when and how much was the bet?  Which firm and what price? I assume it was placed in a betting shop North of the border as you don't work in the betting industry.  You don't come across as the type who loiters in betting shops for hours on end so I am assuming it is another one of your mythical tales to suit your blinkered views.  Getting hefty bets on in betting shops on politics or anything full stop usually means you are a mug btw.  I am more likely to stick a needle in my eye than get a hefty bet on politics taken in a betting shop anywhere in the uk.

It was Tuesday or Wednesday during my lunch.  Coral on Queen St Glasgow, older bloke, not from Glasgow I think possibly from Dundee I was at the window collecting and he asked for a price on SNP winning East Renfrewshire.  The lass behind the counter phoned it through she was on the phone for a few minutes she asked how much he wanted on he said £750 she was back on the phone and said 2/1 he haded over the cash and I couldn't help ask him why because I knew it was Murphy's seat.  He then told me he had been polling in the constituency and was very confident of SNP win in both Murphy and Alexander seats. 

lol @ Mythical tales.  No bother guru. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 17, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »

Kmac can you confirm how you saw this bet? Where when and how much was the bet?  Which firm and what price? I assume it was placed in a betting shop North of the border as you don't work in the betting industry.  You don't come across as the type who loiters in betting shops for hours on end so I am assuming it is another one of your mythical tales to suit your blinkered views.  Getting hefty bets on in betting shops on politics or anything full stop usually means you are a mug btw.  I am more likely to stick a needle in my eye than get a hefty bet on politics taken in a betting shop anywhere in the uk.

It was Tuesday or Wednesday during my lunch.  Coral on Queen St Glasgow, older bloke, not from Glasgow I think possibly from Dundee I was at the window collecting and he asked for a price on SNP winning East Renfrewshire.  The lass behind the counter phoned it through she was on the phone for a few minutes she asked how much he wanted on he said £750 she was back on the phone and said 2/1 he haded over the cash and I couldn't help ask him why because I knew it was Murphy's seat.  He then told me he had been polling in the constituency and was very confident of SNP win in both Murphy and Alexander seats.  

lol @ Mythical tales.  No bother guru.  

lol at coral laying a £750 at 2/1 on that bet in a glasgow shop then holding the price for 3 days before the price caves in today.  You sound like a coral pr man.  Even they wouldn't make up stories like this as no one would believe them!  Looks like a lump on job at victor now then at 7/4. How much you had on? Old fella won't be getting many more bets on in that shop (nap)

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/renfrewshire-east/winning-party/bet-history/snp/today

ps any chance of breaking the habit of a lifetime and giving us some negatives for the snp campaign?  They must exist after Nic's brown nosing last night on national tv surely? Grin  She is currently making Clegg look just about palatable as a right hand man in a non majority government.  Never thought i would see the day i said that!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:08:59 PM by arbboy » Logged
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »

Maybe the old boy just wasn't as clever as you. 

Maybe it was Larry?

There are plenty of negs about the SNP, they aren't my party. 

Seems Nicola was very well received down south from what I heard, but hey your the guy that had a hardon for Maggie so we'll leave it at that. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 17, 2015, 09:25:49 PM »

Maybe it was Larry?

Seems Nicola was very well received down south from what I heard, but hey your the guy that had a hardon for Maggie so we'll leave it at that.  

Maybe you are larry (nb)

Course she was well received down south.  Most want her in power with red ed so you get another chance to fuck off now the oil prices have halved since the yes/no!  Most tories would stomach 5 years of red ed/nic busto'ing the country as long as nic got another yes/no vote and won it so the tories could stay in power forever post 2020 in England.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:29:42 PM by arbboy » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 17, 2015, 09:33:35 PM »

Maybe it was Larry?

Maybe you are larry (nb)

Course she was well received down south.  Most want her in power with red ed so you get another chance to fuck off now the oil prices have halved since the yes/no!  Most tories would stomach 5 years of red ed/nic busto'ing the country as long as nic got another yes/no vote and won it so the tories could stay in power forever post 2020 in England.

What price (hypothetical of course) for no Tory majority in the next 40 years?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »

Maybe it was Larry?

Maybe you are larry (nb)

Depends totally whether red ed gets into bed with naughty nic in 2 weeks!  She isn't getting into bed with him unless there is another yes/no vote whatever she says.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 17, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »

I've always wondered who would do the negotiating between SNP and Labour post 7 May, if it comes to it? Sturgeon  isn't a MP  won't it be whoever leads SNP MPs in Westminster? Salmond?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 17, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »

Maybe it was Larry?

Maybe you are larry (nb)

Depends totally whether red ed gets into bed with naughty nic in 2 weeks!  She isn't getting into bed with him unless there is another yes/no vote whatever she says.

Assuming a minority labour government with tacit SNP support but no formal coalition. Obviously a guessing game but I wouldn't interested in shorter than 3´s.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: