blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2013/14 Ashes thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013/14 Ashes thread  (Read 72980 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »

lol, that's actually quite funny, would have been better if it was at Lords!

No different than when Freddie had a piss in the Downing street garden really lol.

Perhaps it is just me who thinks public urination is abhorrent.

Perhaps I should learn to grow up and accept that lads will be lads. It's just a release for them, isn't it? There will always have been incidents like these after all, won't there?

Maybe my view that doing it on a pitch has the symbolic significance of disrespecting the game itself is antiquated.

We should recognise this is probably their way of showing support to Monty, who's had a tough time. Team unity should be applauded, after all.

Yes, we should be proud of our lads. Good on them, say I! In fact, I'm going to take a steaming dump on my boss's desk right now. I'll prepare an apology in case anyone might misunderstand (bloody liberals Roll Eyes ) and get offended.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »

I'd probably best stop posting about this. I suspect I'm rather annoyed about it!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »

Tal are you 80 years old?

It really isn't important. They were drunk, in high spirits, semi behind closed doors.....

A far cry from the antics of Flintoff, Botham, Warne and many others over the years

I can't believe there is such a hoohah about it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »

lol Tal, whilst its not the most mature thing to do, I don't think its a particularly heinous crime either. Not sure I agree with slinging them out of the team!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »

It's just classless though isn't it?  This England team are really unlikeable - a far cry from Vaughan's team.
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2013, 10:24:56 AM »

this england team seem to spend a lot of time on the lash - the root n warner dust up, ashes retained, series won then again for the end of the series.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2013, 10:56:41 PM »

I dnot have a problem with it at all.

Maybe because ive played on many cricket/rugby pitches where people are happy to piss and be sick on the pitch! tend not to have a problem with it!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »

Bit of a bump but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZOjHxYIF7h4

Can't get it to embed.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2013, 12:11:17 AM »

Remember it well, skived off a lecture at uni (this wasn't a rarity) to watch it in the pub.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 18, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »

Sigh at today's decision to increase the amount of appeals per team. The Aussies over appeal as it is
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 18, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »

Sigh at today's decision to increase the amount of appeals per team. The Aussies over appeal as it is

Basically mean Aussies will waste there first two as usual then get another bite at the cherry after 80 overs.

It's such a bad decision to up the reviews. Two is fine it's meant to overhaul the howlers not the marginal decisions which is what is going to keep happening!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »

should have left it at 2 but on lbws if your referral was correct but it was umpire decision you should not lose your referral
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 28, 2013, 03:42:11 AM »

This all starts again on Thursday with a tour match v WA. Cannot wait, late nights tension and a Christmas with the ashes. I just love Christmas Day on ashes winters. After a long day of drinking/ eating me and my dad sit down fire lit with the cricket on inevitable we will fall asleep on the sofa but I am so looking forward to this!

"ace high"

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 18, 2013, 03:31:28 AM »

Just testing out my little den on the American Footy tonight. Perfect.

My lovely wife has made me an Ashes corner at the back of the house with a couple of old leather wingback chairs coffee table the lot! LCD panel on the wall. Dog basket.

And I always thought she liked watching cricket in bed.

I quite fancy having a punt too. Can anyone recommend a market on bet fair to mess about with? Like hour by hour, not just taking a position on the match? We always watch the first session at a mates place after the pub on the first day. Can't wait.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 18, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »

First innings series supremacy on the spreads is a good one, as it gives you a position for the first half of each match.  You've sold one team runs and bought the other one.  Small stakes though as can be hundreds of runs either way if one team has a nightmare.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: