blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:19:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Tourney Hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Tourney Hand  (Read 1332 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »

Quite deep in the stars $30k gtd. PLO last weekend and already in the money with around 60 players left.

I'm playing a 28k stack (30k average) and blinds are 500/1000.

I open to 3000 in late position with AKQT sx1 and laggy chipped up(50k) villain 3-bets to 8ooo from the button.

I elect to peel with the intention of firing at any flop I connect with....

Thoughts so far?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:35 AM »

if its suited to the Ace then pot 4bet imo. Spose the main factors are how tight/loose you've been playing and how much credit you give him for paying attention.

firing at any flop I connect with....

is kinda vague what do we mean exactly

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »

if its suited to the Ace then pot 4bet imo. Spose the main factors are how tight/loose you've been playing and how much credit you give him for paying attention.

firing at any flop I connect with....

is kinda vague what do we mean exactly

I'd only been on this table for a couple of orbits and had not been overly active but I didn't get the impression that villain was too concerned with anything but his own hand. I did consider the 4-bet but decided to hedge with the peel as I still would have 20k if I completely missed the flop.

By connecting I meant hitting a pair or a decent draw.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »

well 4betting is better theoretically vs a LAG as we can make bad equity mistakes post flop, the one shining glimmer to peeling tho is that he's DEFO gonna continue on flops that hit us so c/jam is gonna be set nicely, problem is we're only gonna have 1.2x pot back so prolly not that much fold equity.

If the Ace is suited its a kinda no-brainer 4bet imo, you'd be suprised how often you get it in great ina donkament here (well what usually happens is they peel leaving a tiny PSR and gift you some equity that way)

you could be a shameful nit and fold, that wouldn't be that bad imo

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

I honestly can't remember if the A or the K was suited and I'm not savvy enough to be able to retrieve the hand.

You'll have to explain PSR to me as well I'm afraid as I'm old enough to be tikay's son.

Anyhow the flop came Q, 7, 4 R which I figured was good enough to pot 17k with 3k back. Villain obv. snap shoves with A743 which despite the J on the turn giving me multiple outs, stands up.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:27:16 PM »

I honestly can't remember if the A or the K was suited and I'm not savvy enough to be able to retrieve the hand.

You'll have to explain PSR to me as well I'm afraid as I'm old enough to be tikay's son.Anyhow the flop came Q, 7, 4 R which I figured was good enough to pot 17k with 3k back. Villain obv. snap shoves with A743 which despite the J on the turn giving me multiple outs, stands up.

Eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:15:21 PM »

You'll have to explain PSR to me as well I'm afraid as I'm old enough to be tikay's son.

Anyhow the flop came Q, 7, 4 R which I figured was good enough to pot 17k with 3k back. Villain obv. snap shoves with A743 which despite the J on the turn giving me multiple outs, stands up.

ul Ralph, i think against said villain's description we have to 4-bet pre but i dont mind your play.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »

Yeah im up for potting this again pre for reasons above
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

Well it's a pretty crucial part of the hand, defo worth noticing in the future Wink

pot to stack ratio - = the remaining effective stack as a ratio to the pot. for example, if the effective stack is 15,000 and the pot is 10,000 then the pot to stack ratio would be 1.5. if the pot was 15,000  it would be 1, if the pot was 20,000 it would be 0.75, and so on.
The HIGHER the PSR the more fold equity you have for obvious reasons.

I think this is a pretty good reason to be betting or folding preflop. vs a range of 3betting hands that includes stuff like this, we are going to make some big mistakes on the flops we c/f.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »

Well it's a pretty crucial part of the hand, defo worth noticing in the future Wink

What I mean is that I obviously realize that if the A is suited the hand is far stronger and I would be much more inclined to 4-bet but I cannot honestly remember if it was the K and that is why I decided to peel.

Let's face it both hands have considerable merit, but I should have posted it earlier when it was fresher in my memory.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »

I think regardless with the K or the A suited I'd be 4betting vs described villain.

to be completely honest the more i think about it the more I'm really not a big fan of the peel here because of how poor our visibility is in the hand

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »

I think regardless with the K or the A suited I'd be 4betting vs described villain.

to be completely honest the more i think about it the more I'm really not a big fan of the peel here because of how poor our visibility is in the hand

I could not agree with you more but I had no notes on him then!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:34 AM »

I could not agree with you more but I had no notes on him then!

get noting! thumbs up

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: