blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 99897 times)
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2012, 12:31:08 AM »

And am I right in thinking a certain mr '---' was talked into giving an unauthorised 10k without Andrews permission?

So not as some people start spouting, as clear as a man stealing 25k off another man?

I've never said who was right or wrong, it's clearly an issue to be resolved between
 Two men without random people slagging individuals off without knowing a single fact.

There is a dispute of which i am not, or any busy Internet trolls, party to, so have no idea of who is right or wrong,
But I do know, no individual has gone and stole a penny off another man as reported initially!

Very very surprised how it's escalated with rumours and threats from people, girlfriends, friends, whoever, Because this is a business agreement that has gone wrong and needs to be sorted out! No different than business issues that go on every single day 100x bigger than this!

And those people that say its bad for the poker community and looks bad on poker etc etc, get a grip, its nothing to do with 'poker' , it's a business arrangement gone wrong at some point and should be sorted out away from the public eye with these idiots chucking their 2 pence in knowing nothing (that's my issue - Dubai clearly you are in the know, not aimed at you at all) just those people who like to chuck a comment in because they know a mate who knows a mate etc!

I have to say I put a lot down to jealousy!
The end!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2012, 12:49:24 AM »

^ who are u and what's ur real name btw?
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »

And am I right in thinking a certain mr '---' was talked into giving an unauthorised 10k without Andrews permission?

So not as some people start spouting, as clear as a man stealing 25k off another man?

I've never said who was right or wrong, it's clearly an issue to be resolved between
 Two men without random people slagging individuals off without knowing a single fact.

There is a dispute of which i am not, or any busy Internet trolls, party to, so have no idea of who is right or wrong,
But I do know, no individual has gone and stole a penny off another man as reported initially!

Very very surprised how it's escalated with rumours and threats from people, girlfriends, friends, whoever, Because this is a business agreement that has gone wrong and needs to be sorted out! No different than business issues that go on every single day 100x bigger than this!

And those people that say its bad for the poker community and looks bad on poker etc etc, get a grip, its nothing to do with 'poker' , it's a business arrangement gone wrong at some point and should be sorted out away from the public eye with these idiots chucking their 2 pence in knowing nothing (that's my issue - Dubai clearly you are in the know, not aimed at you at all) just those people who like to chuck a comment in because they know a mate who knows a mate etc!

The end!

I don't agree with your point here, how can it not reflect badly on a small community and business is a very broad word.  When the financial crisis happened was that also a business deal gone wrong? Just business or did it reflect badly on the whole investment banking community....?

You're right in the fact that people that are not involved shouldn't be getting involved but hey we live in a democratic country and everyone has the right to their own opinion..

Your last comment, I would substitute the word jealousy with boredom..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:58:23 AM by BangBang » Logged

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:44 AM »

Story doesn't seem to add up. I could be wrong but i assume sam and luke are friends, which would surely mean Luke could ask Sam for the euros and cut out a pointless middle-man (Feldman). If true however Feldman seems to owe Sam €25k, but Luke also owes Feldman €€€ for the money he spunked off without permission?

@whollyflush on twitter
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »

The end!

i agree with this

@whollyflush on twitter
parker

DESPERATELY seeking rungoodaments

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »

The end!

i agree with this

maybe you need to get a grip???

maybe youre the idiot chucking in a 2 pence with knowing nothing???

Dont be so brash,

Of course It has EVERYTHING to do with poker.

Are you not on a poker forum talking about it?!?!

If it was a business arrangment between two people we wouldnt know about it, they wouldnt be putting it all over twitter and this discussion wouldnt exist.

The fact that sam and andrew have been so public about it says everything it needs to. If you go on there twitter, facebook or website the first thing you see is 'proffesional poker player'.

Sams actually says something along the lines of 'the most succesful british tournament player in history'.

How can something so public not be presented to the media as the face of poker???

Regardless of the facts, you have two very public figures seen regularly in the media.

In my eyes. Asking to borrow money and then refusing to pay it back is theft.

Poker has a very bad rep and it needs all the help it can get.

Tikay for main event might be a start!

wiiiiii twin turbo'd
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2012, 03:03:15 AM »

Story doesn't seem to add up. I could be wrong but i assume sam and luke are friends, which would surely mean Luke could ask Sam for the euros and cut out a pointless middle-man (Feldman). If true however Feldman seems to owe Sam €25k, but Luke also owes Feldman €€€ for the money he spunked off without permission?
Maybe Luke also owes Sam money....?!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2012, 03:14:06 AM »

Don't see how not being open about disputes helps the image of poker or 'the community'. Public exposure is often used to apply pressure in these things and in those circumstances it's no longer a private matter. Also I think cussing and talking about blowing $$ could be hot if it was the right girl.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2012, 03:30:37 AM »

The end!

i agree with this

Dont be so brash,

If it was a business arrangment between two people we wouldnt know about it, they wouldnt be putting it all over twitter and this discussion wouldnt exist.

The fact that sam and andrew have been so public about it says everything it needs to. If you go on there twitter, facebook or website the first thing you see is 'proffesional poker player'.

Sams actually says something along the lines of 'the most succesful british tournament player in history'.

How can something so public not be presented to the media as the face of poker???

Regardless of the facts, you have two very public figures seen regularly in the media.

To be fair, the above is the 100% example of why I didn't really want to get involved with this discussion but unfortunately I find it difficult to 'go with the flow', 'jump on the bandwagon' etc etc

I don't even want to highlight any points above, however I'm going to highlight the one about about Sam being most successfull...blah blah!  Does this automatically make him right in this discussion? What actual relevance does this fact have on anything. This is a big point, do you know him or do you just wish you knew him because he has this title? Do you think if you stick up for him it may get you an invite to a party or the like?

If you read my posts, I've not once said a single bad word about him or anyone individually. I've said I found it disappointing someone of his stature who I've met a couple of times and found a pleasant guy in the midst of a lot of big time Charlie's , would air his laundry in public. I have said a bad word about no body.

Then we get you who comes on and suggests i could be an idiot! When you clearly know nothing of this whole situation yet feels the need to question people who make valid points! not saying my points are correct, but I have a point and any one disagrees then fine, hence the reason that it's on a discussion board.

And no sorry, it has Nothing to do with the poker community, just because you or I have played a game of poker gives you/us  no right to say it effects you or has anything to do with you.

I'm sure you have a good point to make and good luck with it. My point is personal with no one apart from the people who form an opinion without any rhyme or reason!
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »

The end!

i agree with this

Dont be so brash,

To be fair, the above is the 100% example of why I didn't really want to get involved with this discussion but unfortunately I find it difficult to 'go with the flow', 'jump on the bandwagon' etc etc

I don't even want to highlight any points above, however I'm going to highlight the one about about Sam being most successfull...blah blah!  Does this automatically make him right in this discussion? What actual relevance does this fact have on anything. This is a big point, do you know him or do you just wish you knew him because he has this title? Do you think if you stick up for him it may get you an invite to a party or the like?

If you read my posts, I've not once said a single bad word about him or anyone individually. I've said I found it disappointing someone of his stature who I've met a couple of times and found a pleasant guy in the midst of a lot of big time Charlie's , would air his laundry in public. I have said a bad word about no body.

Then we get you who comes on and suggests i could be an idiot! When you clearly know nothing of this whole situation yet feels the need to question people who make valid points! not saying my points are correct, but I have a point and any one disagrees then fine, hence the reason that it's on a discussion board.
T
And no sorry, it has Nothing to do with the poker community, just because you or I have played a game of poker gives you/us  no right to say it effects you or has anything to do with you.

I'm sure you have a good point to make and good luck with it. My point is personal with no one apart from the people who form an opinion without any rhyme or reason!

Welcome to blonde, I have enjoyed your honesty.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »

yeah, you're right this isn't bad for poker at all is it, myself and others in the UK spend our energy trying to make poker and gambling a more accessible and honest thing in the public eye and a story printed in a mainstream media source telling the story of one poker pro cheating another comes out, if anything that's a great thing for us all - prolly off the back of this loads of new people will start playing poker without a worry...

Maybe you're right, maybe I do need to get a grip.

I mean seriously? No offence at all you've conducted yourself perfectly and made your points really well so don't mean any offence at all - I'm not one for calling people out or arguing in public but some of the stuff you've said in this thread is kind of ridiculous.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »

Jack2off - My comment wasn't about what happened and why it happened, but about the way both Andrew Feldman and Sam Trickett dealt with this issue afterwards.

Yes sometimes making something public puts pressure on the perpetrator to take the right course of action and also makes others aware of the level of trust they should bestow on certain individuals, but they way they went about it is what I said reflects badly on the poker community. 

Like it or not they are role models to a generation of young poker players, so cussing people and acting the way they have isn't what you would expect (Not really Sam but his Partner Natasha)

Parkers point is that both Trickett and Feldman are professional poker players and not classed as businessmen, so when this hits the wider press it'll reflect that, again casting a dark cloud over a community that already has trouble being excepted. 

Your posts seem very personal and to be honest seem like you have misinterpreted what is trying to be said.  Most of Parkers argument was based on your previous post, maybe re-reading the whole thread from where you come in and then replying.

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

The end!

i agree with this

Dont be so brash,

LMAO. seems u do want to get involved as u have said more than most. If u really didnt want too then u wudn of said anythin. Certainly not jus keep repeating the same sentiments which most obv disagree with. Borrowin without paying back is a form of theft and poker players involved and being discussed on a poker forum by poker players certainly affects the poker community. PERIOD!
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »

yeah, you're right this isn't bad for poker at all is it, myself and others in the UK spend our energy trying to make poker and gambling a more accessible and honest thing in the public eye and a story printed in a mainstream media source telling the story of one poker pro cheating another comes out, if anything that's a great thing for us all - prolly off the back of this loads of new people will start playing poker without a worry...

Maybe you're right, maybe I do need to get a grip.

I mean seriously? No offence at all you've conducted yourself perfectly and made your points really well so don't mean any offence at all - I'm not one for calling people out or arguing in public but some of the stuff you've said in this thread is kind of ridiculous.

Dave is obviously right here in the sense that a story about high-profile pros cheating each other and getting into a slanging match can only reflect badly on the wider game.

But I seriously doubt anyone outside the inner circle of poker gives two flying f***s about this. And if you think the mainstream media even has this on their radar you are out of your mind. They barely noticed the UB scandal.

This is what it is. An argument between two pros that is attracting a lot of public attention because it's a bit of drama and Feldman is a pantomime villain. It's significance to poker's wider image is pretty much nil.

IMHO
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2012, 09:55:17 AM »

I thought Feldman and Schwartz were deadly enemies.

Why is Feldman staking Luke all of a sudden?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: