blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Did I Butcher This?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did I Butcher This?  (Read 801 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »

Played a hand in a live cash game last night which god only knows what went on.

A bunch of limpers playing £5/£5 PLO everyone fairly deep im shortest at the table (stack size lol) with about £700.

I limp behind on the button with   , SB completes and the Big Blind makes it £40. 3 callers, I peel, SB peels so 5way to the flop with £240 in the pot.

Flop is   and the SB checks, BB (playing about £1.5k) bets £25 :s

it's FOLDED to me (again :s in a Live game!) and I have convinced myself that he has a combo of some sort (first time Id seen him raise pre-flop all game). I raise to £175 (this way if he peels I have ~£480 back and the pot would be £600 odd)

He then asks for an exact count of my stack, an exact count of the pot and starts clearly adding stuff up in his head - I assume he's working out that I wll have under a PSB left for the turn, I didn't know much about him, but assumed from a few hands he was just standard loose passive and a calling station of sorts. I'd never seen him posture like this over a decision before either, normally he either called or folded pretty swiftly (usually called lol)

After a while he calls, turn is a and he checks, I get spooked by his behaviour on the flop and check back.

River is another   and he bets £250.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Is my line horrible? have I overplayed it considerably, or did I take a good line and just allow some-one else's strange play to level me into the earth? As played are people calling or folding the river?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:24:01 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:08:33 AM »

he probably has JJ and on the flop he's trying to work out a combo that beats him, because live fish love big folds.

I'm no omaha expert so I won't comment on the play, especially not the terrible flop raise.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:18:25 AM by skolsuper » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:54:09 AM »

he probably has JJ and on the flop he's trying to work out a combo that beats him, because live fish love big folds.

I'm no omaha expert so I won't comment on the play, especially not the terrible flop raise.

yh, ty
So in answer to did i butcher this, yes lol sigh

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: