blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 178275 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 15, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »

Luckily the kids aren't too bothered with horse racing as such.  They sometimes join in on Gold Cup day, but they're at school for most of the week so I'm saved a few bob. 

Me on the other hand?  I abso LOVE Cheltenham week!  Only schedule in the year I follow from start to finish.  Sure, there's plenty of other good ones out there.  But for some reason this is the one I've always stuck to. 

This week you will mostly have to put up with my random selections for Cheltenham.  I've no real system to this - as will become glaringly apparent.  Some will be because I genuinely like their chances of winning.  Others are down to the jockey.  A few will be picked just because I like the name of the horse.   

I rarely bet on an outright win and if I do, then you know I really like it.  For the most part, have found each way bets get me through the week best.  At the end of the day, it's all just a bit of fun.

Festival Day 1 Bets

13:30    
Marsh Warbler  e/w  (just liked the name)
Sprinter Sacre  e/w

14:05
Captain Chris  e/w

14:40
Blazing Bailey  e/w
Reve De Sivola  e/w  (because I couldn't make up me mind - lol)   

15:20
Hurricane Fly  win   
Oscar Whisky  e/w

16:00
L'Ami  e/w       
Poker De Sivola  e/w  (again - couldn't make up me mind)

16:40 - liked the name on both of these, although I'm wobbling a bit on Ocean Transit now.
Banjaxed Girl  e/w 
Ocean Transit  e/w

17:15
Definity  win

There's the lot for today.  Sooooooooo, let's gogogogogogo!!! 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 15, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »

Festival Day 1 Bets

13:30    
Marsh Warbler  e/w  (just liked the name)  don't like the name any more.   
Sprinter Sacre  e/w   

14:05
Captain Chris  e/w   

14:40
Blazing Bailey  e/w  useless ffs
Reve De Sivola  e/w  (because I couldn't make up me mind - lol)   

15:20
Hurricane Fly  win   - yeah baby!!!!!!!!   
Oscar Whisky  e/w   

16:00 - first total bomb of the day   Sad
L'Ami  e/w       
Poker De Sivola  e/w  (again - couldn't make up me mind)

16:40 - liked the name on both of these, although I'm wobbling a bit on Ocean Transit now.
Banjaxed Girl  e/w  was deffo banjaxed   
Ocean Transit  e/w   3rd at silly big odds   

17:15
Definity  win  ffs Ruby!!!   

There's the lot for today.  Sooooooooo, let's gogogogogogo!!! 

All in all, not a bad day at the office and great fun to watch.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1337 on: March 15, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »

VWD Laxie

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 15, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »

Cheers bald one. 

Tomorrow will be another relaxing day watching the races with picks made in the morning. 

St. Paddy's Day will be tricky because it's also my 97 year old neighbour's birthday.  Everyone raids Baby's house on the day for a wee party with food, drinks and cake before heading to the pub that evening.  Not sure if I'll get to watch many of the races, but will deffo have the picks done before I head out.   

Then it's on to Friday.  I think Bridget's calling over that day.  Last year I let her pick a few and it was abso comedy.  Her logic with horses makes mine seem sound.  Should be an entertaining Friday for sure. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 16, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »

"Relaxing day" she said.  Relaxing me eye!  Been looking through the horses all morning and can't make up my mind.  To top it off, the girls have a half day from school and will be home around 2:00.  No doubt fleece me for a bet or two when they land. 

With all that said, this is what I've come up with so far.  No money put down on anything yet, but it'll come from this lot.

Festival Day 2

1:30  Some Target  e/w if odds go out 

*2:05  Tornado Bob  e/w

*2:40  Bostons Angel  e/w
*2:40  Wayward Prince  e/w

3:20  Master Minded - would love to see this one win, but not convinced yet.
3:20  Golden Silver - fab hourse but doesn't like Cheltenham.  will flip a coin closer to race time.

*4:00  Orzare e/w  - an odd pick, I know...but there's something about it keeps pulling me in.

4:40  Tenor Nivernais - not decided
4:40  Titan De Sarti - not decided

*5:15  Raise The Beat e/w
5:15  Cinders and Ashes  e/w

*bet deffo going on these ones.

That's today's lot.  Some yes and some not.  Will get back to ya.   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 16, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »

Festival Day 2

1:30  Some Target  e/w if odds go out went for win...it didn't.   
1:30  Be There in Five e/w - last minute decision and a good one as it turns out.   

*2:05  Tornado Bob  e/w - reckon it's still running

*2:40  Bostons Angel  e/w -   
*2:40  Wayward Prince  e/w - didn't bother with this one in the end, but picked Giant Boltster e/w which was a giant flop.

3:20  Master Minded. stayed away from it in the end...luckily.
3:20  Golden Silver - fab hourse but doesn't like Cheltenham.  should have followed me gut and just stayed away from this one too, but had small e/w in the end.

*4:00  Orzare e/w no bet as was removed from card.  sooooo, I picked these instead...
4:00  Bothy e/w   
4:00  Orsippus e/w   

4:40  Tenor Nivernais - not decided  decided not to
4:40  Titan De Sarti - not decided  decided not to

*5:15  Raise The Beat e/w  decided not to in the end.
5:15  Cinders and Ashes  e/w  went with this one and it was rubbish.   

*bet deffo proberly going on these ones.

After the double in the 4:00, I went about cooking dinner.  The girls didn't ask to put any bets on, so I got away with a decent wee payout for the day. 

Tomorrow's Baby's birthday party and I'm looking forward to it.  We're to be there no later than 3pm, so will get all bets on before I head off.  Hope it's not as tricky as today was!!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:03 AM »

How much do you bet each day, and how much have you won so far?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 17, 2011, 03:05:14 AM »

I'm just a small ball punter.  Only do it for a bit of interest in the races.  A win bet is €5 and e/w bets are €2 e/w.  Have fun without risking going broke.  That's the way to go.  Because if losing the race means that much, you shouldn't be putting on the bet. 

As for how much I've made this week?  I've plans for that money if I stay on top by end of Friday and don't want Sarah coming up with new plans.  So not telling ya as she reads this thread sometimes.     

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:59 AM »

Hit the hay at 10:30pm and up at 2:00am.  Been wide awake since.  Marv.  I'm freerolling today and tomorrow so any cash is an added bonus.  Might as well go through the day 3 races and post them up now.  No dithering this time.  All bets have been placed.

Festival Day 3 Bets

1:30  Blazing Tempo  e/w

2:05  Viking Blond e/w 

2:40  Gauvain  e/w

3:20  Restless Harry  e/w  (silly bet, but as I'm up at omg a.m. thought it was appropriate)
3:20  Cross Kennon  e/w  (liked the name - blaming lack of sleep  lol)

4:00  Quartz De Thaix  win

4:40  Fredo  e/w  (come on the Irish!!!  win would be mighty, but a place will do too)
4:40  Galant Nuit  win

That's today's lot.  Happy St. Paddy's Day all and let's gogogogogogo!!!

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: March 17, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

disco

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »

Good lord, that was a brutal day's racing.  Only for a drunken saver in the last on a horse called Junior (same name as Baby's son) the day would have been a total washout.

brolove

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 18, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »

Was a washout, IS a washout , Your a mug !
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 18, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »

Was a washout, IS a washout , Your a mug !

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know.  Will post an explanation for the rest of ya later.     Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 18, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »

Before I go on about the mug thing, here's my picks for today. 

13:30 Cheltenham        Grandouet
13:30 Cheltenham    Smad Place

14:05 Cheltenham    Alarazi    
14:05 Cheltenham    Secret Dancer

14:40 Cheltenham    Kilcrea Kim

15:20 Cheltenham    Long Run    
15:20 Cheltenham    Tidal Bay

16:00 Cheltenham    Just Amazing    
16:00 Cheltenham    On The Fringe

16:40 Cheltenham    Siberian Tiger

17:15 Cheltenham    Anquetta

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »

I might be a mug, but turns out I'm one lucky mug.  Last week there was a Ladbrokes competition on St. Paddy's Day for Cheltenham.  Only for Sinéad seeing the ad on the telly, I'd have taken no notice.  Anyway, she reckoned I should enter it after having such a good run the first two days of the festival.  It was free to enter and all you had to do was pick the horse to win each race.  "Nothing to lose, so may as well."  And that was that.

Thought no more of it until I spotted a post by Camel enquiring if the winner was me.  Had a look - and sure enough!  Well, actually joint first with some other guy.  Still £2,500 was a nice wee chunk of change, so that'll do.  Except that I found out it doesn't work that way.  If more than one winner, they do a random electronic draw to determine the overall winner.  And that person wasn't being notified until Tuesday.  £5k to one of us and the mother of all rub downs...a £50 free bet for the other person.  Better than a kick in the teeth I suppose, but still.  Surely I can't be lucky enough to 'win' twice in the same comp? 

Checked emails yesterday before heading out and nothing.  Sigh.  Ah well.  Was good to dream.  Only when I got home...there it was!!!  An email from some Ladbrokes executive saying congratulations for winning and you will find the money in your account. 

Oh, no way.  Feck off.  Someone's having a laugh?  Checked my account and sure enough.  Where once there'd been a big fat 0 staring back at me, now it said £5k!!!! 

cupcake cupcake

Collected it today.  Sinéad wants a laptop out of the deal.  Plan was to get each kid a laptop for start of their Leaving Cert year.  That would mean this August for her.  As a thank you for spotting the ad and getting me to enter in the first place...we're not waiting until August.   Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: