blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 622 623 [624] 625 626 627 628 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2216589 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9345 on: June 06, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »

I seriously don't buy the 20000 less Police on the street would stop any of this stuff happening.  IF TM said 'right we are going to blow the bankroll on 500k extra Police' to stop this happening it wouldn't guarantee a thing.  You could have a personal policeman for every person in the UK and if a guy wants to walk into an Arena and blow himself up wtf can you do about it realistically?  It is just a cheap shot from Lefties saying stuff like this imo.

TM has cut the budget because the country is skint, has huge debt and deficit.  The whole country as individuals are living on the never never just like the government over spending when they can't afford it.  Personal debt has never been higher.  Car finance debt bubble is about to explode as well according to statistics. House prices are incredible all time highs relative to the average wage at the same time as mortgages have never been cheaper to service. The Governement runs the country in the same way for 20 years so why are we surprised when everyone else lives beyond their means?  The country is in a world of shit and like Adz i wouldn't like to be bringing up kids into this world.  The shit has to hit the fan at some point.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:05:57 AM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: June 06, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »

its more nuanced that the political debate allows, or certainly how it is presented

the first police cuts came in the last six months of the Brown government

The coalition then saw clegg insist on no control orders (acknowledged now as a mistake) and powers became watered down a bit under the agreement they negotiated

meanwhile crime has fallen a lot, so that....

but a) some police forces are struggling with the mix of cuts and b) it is almost universally accepted i think that the cuts in community policing have weakned intelligence on the ground

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: June 06, 2017, 10:05:46 AM »

this is blood curdlingly embarrassing

i could hardly watch

the little clasp of dermot's hand when he realises he's got her is delicious

could be home secretary on Friday...(Diane, not Dermot)

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/watch-diane-abbotts-disastrous-turn-sky-news/

Agree with all Arbboy says.

As for Diane A. Well, she would be easily found out as an incompetent Parish Councillor. Anyone even considering voting for a Party that gives this woman such such rank, doesn't deserve any votes, let alone run the country. What a disgrace she is.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: June 06, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »

I've never bought into this "BBC is biased against the Left" narrative.

But the other day when the Tory MP was charged over the general election expenses scandal this is how the case was reported on 5 Live News.

"Conservative candidate for South Thanet Craig Mackinley maintains he's done nothing wrong after being charged over his party's expenses in the 2015 general election"

I mean, really. That is a very strange way of reporting the case isn't it?

Wow. Everyone I know has always thought it was biased TOWARDS Labour.

You only have to watch Norman Smith for 5 minutes to know which side he dresses, and it sure aint to the right.

I think the BBC is generally biased to whoever the government of the day is, certainly during the Blair era it was also. Though the bias seems to have increased in recent times, especially on Brexit. I am pro remain but the BBC coverage was massively slated towards pro remain unfairly.

I am sure there was some academic studies done on this somewhere which reflected this. Will try and dig them out later.

In recent times the left feel BBC is especially biased against them because of the hard time JC has been given across the board from the press. Specifically Laura Kuessenberg has done much of this single handedly and was found guilty of breaching impartiality.

I guess the echo chamber is at large here since everyone I know feels the BBC is massively biased towards the Tories.

buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: June 06, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »

Dianne Abbot is a walking disaster she should not be anywhere near a cabinet position ever. I have no clue where JC stuck with her probably through some misguided loyalty but at least don't let her anywhere near a TV interview

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: June 06, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »

Dianne Abbot is a walking disaster she should not be anywhere near a cabinet position ever. I have no clue where JC stuck with her probably through some misguided loyalty but at least don't let her anywhere near a TV interview

He ran out of people who would work for him!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: June 06, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »

He probably has fond memories of the 1970s and the 'fun times' he had with .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/22/revealed-jeremy-corbyn-showed-off-naked-diane-abbott-to-impress/
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9352 on: June 06, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »

I think I've made it clear I'm not a big fan of the current Labour line up, and while I have observed people on all sides of the political spectrum claim the BBC is biased against them, I must admit they have seemed a little biased against JC since the election started. Not massively and maybe I am biased by my biased labour supporting friends, but a bit.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9353 on: June 06, 2017, 10:12:19 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/man-sure-workmates-will-vote-labour-after-saying-theyre-scum-otherwise-20170606128892
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:14:18 AM by DaveShoelace » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: June 06, 2017, 10:12:24 AM »

i could hardly watch

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/watch-diane-abbotts-disastrous-turn-sky-news/

The Tories have hidden Leadsom and Hunt all campaign.

Why haven't Labour done the same with Abbott?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:04 AM »

i could hardly watch

Probably because she has Corbs wrapped around her little finger and craves the spotlight and attention her talent doesn't deserve.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »

i could hardly watch

labour have hidden McDonnell too (apart from week 1)

I find the Abbott thing baffling.

It, her potential to be home secretary in the current security environment, might cost them a lot of votes

not saying Boris etc aren't liabilities either but Abbott? chairing cobra? come on...what IS Corbyn thinking of?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: June 06, 2017, 10:16:07 AM »

I think I've made it clear I'm not a big fan of the current Labour line up, and while I have observed people on all sides of the political spectrum claim the BBC is biased against them, I must admit they have seemed a little biased against JC since the election started. Not massively and maybe I am biased by my biased labour supporting friends, but a bit.

It the low hanging fruit example.

Making yourself look good, is easy at JCs expense because he leaves himself so wide open on so many topics, thats why the Journos go for him.

To be honest, I have never seen Dermot so well informed before I saw the clip Tighty posted, but if you know you can make yourself look so good, so easily, he probably put in the extra time, knowing it would more than likely pay off.......and it did.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: June 06, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »

i could hardly watch

labour have hidden McDonnell too (apart from week 1)

I find the Abbott thing baffling.

It, her potential to be home secretary in the current security environment, might cost them a lot of votes

not saying Boris etc aren't liabilities either but Abbott? chairing cobra? come on...what IS Corbyn thinking of?

His dick is doing the talking one would imagine from 40 years ago!  You only have to have watched this week on a Thursday night for years after QT with Brillo and Choo Choo when Abbott was on there and Choo Choo struggled to keep a straight face at times with some of the nonsense Abbott used to spout.  It is mind bending she could actually have one of the top 4 government jobs next week.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:25:25 AM by arbboy » Logged
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:27 AM »

Latest survation poll has Tory lead down to 1%. I know the polls are all over the place and don't mean too much.

However nobody would have thought a poll like that was possible a month ago. Shows just how poor this Tory campaign has been.

Would not be surprised of TM didn't last more than 6 months as PM if she gets relected.

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 622 623 [624] 625 626 627 628 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: