blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13483401 times)
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #4500 on: April 25, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »

Think the NBA bet last night should have been on Utah, not on total points. Without being an aftertimer, the logic was good, Utah were in form and needed to win to get to the playoffs (starting this weekend) and Phoenix had just missed the playoffs and left with nuthin to play for. Seems like they didn't try that hard and we missed the points spread. I say we...I backed Utah not the points Smiley

I like Washington at 4/5 tonight. They're the second worst team in the league, but have won 4 straight games now, and finally look to be clicking after some big trades have reshaped their team a month or so back. Cleveland have lost 5 of the last 6 and while they're at home, 5/6 is a nice price with the form of the two teams.

As an aside, I think I'll back Chicago at Indy, hoping the rumours that they will buck the trend to rest stars and will play their starters to get them some time toegther before the playoffs is true, and hope Indy do rest some, but that's a bit riskier. Might take a risk on Orlando to beat the Bobcats at 1/19 lol

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »

Do we have any MotoGP fans?  Awesome sport.  I'd like to propose a £25 wager on little Dani Pedrosa to win the Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez this weekend. 

He is 4/1 to win the race (each-way odds 1/3 odds for top two). In reality this is a three horse race.  Three horsies being Jorge Lorenzo (another awesome little Spaniard, Barcelona fan however though so he may be crestfallen), Casey Stoner obdurate and frustratingly good Australian and little Dani Pedrosa who is 5ft 4 and weighs 8 stone but chucks his 1000cc motorbike into the corners like it was a 125.

Jorge is favourite and rightly so at around 5/4.  He has won this race last two times.  He won the opening race of this season last time out in Qatar.  Casey Stoner hates this track and has never won since competing in MotoGP.

Little Dani however won here in 2008 and has never finished lower than 2nd since he joined big boys racing in 2006.

I'd like to propose a £25 win bet on Dani.  I'd recommend this be placed before Practice (Friday) or qualifying (Saturday) too as his price is only likely to go down as he has qualified in pole position quite a few times.

We sure do! I'm a huge fan of it, I went off F1 many years ago, but I adore Moto GP. Know anything about it? Umm, not so much.

The good news is yes, we have a resident "expert".

The bad news is that it's Jason Herbert.  His missus even has the nick "Cadwell", for some reason associated with Cadwell Park, though I doubt much motorbike racing was involved.

I have just got home, but WILL be punting your suggestion later this evening, once I've sorted out some stuff & that.

You have been warned.

Herbie!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: April 25, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »

Apologies, but a so many of you noticed, & commented, I omitted a link to the Spreadsheet this morning.

Nothing has changed since (yet), so here we are......

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc#gid=5

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: April 25, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »

Our NBA bet went south, I'm afraid, we were on "over 199.5 points".

The score was 88 to the Suns chaps, & 100 to the Jazzy lot.

Roffle. Even without key Point Guard Wing Attack Neil Channing, the mighty Jazz held the mighty Sun to just two fat ladies. NBA rules!

I blame BlackBeltPoker. And Neil Channing. That works for me.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: April 25, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »

The thing about betting on baseball and basketball is even if your backing the favourite your never that far in front. Its like having QQ v AK. You know you have the best of it but know it can go either way, your just praying for a hold and really in getting the price you wouldn't really mind having the AK and sweating to hit.

I'd prefer to find an angle, or something more quirky, as we sometimes see on Cricket, Football, Darts etc. The way the markets (seem to me to be) constructed, means we are so often backing odds on, & need 2 out of every three to hit. That's optimistic, imo.

Is there no quirky stuff? A football match has upwards of 60 sub-markets on occasion, do Baseball, Basketball & the like not do this?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »

If you are going to be betting baseball. (and basketball etc)

Please open an account with pinnaclesports.com

Very hard to beat their lines

On the case right now, thanks Mr O.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: April 25, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »

If you are going to be betting baseball. (and basketball etc)

Please open an account with pinnaclesports.com

Very hard to beat their lines

Crikey, they need scanned documents, so I cannot do that until I am in the office.

Will sort it tomorrow, but I have opened the account. Just gotta get money on there now......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »

Do we have any MotoGP fans?  Awesome sport.  I'd like to propose a £25 wager on little Dani Pedrosa to win the Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez this weekend. 

He is 4/1 to win the race (each-way odds 1/3 odds for top two). In reality this is a three horse race.  Three horsies being Jorge Lorenzo (another awesome little Spaniard, Barcelona fan however though so he may be crestfallen), Casey Stoner obdurate and frustratingly good Australian and little Dani Pedrosa who is 5ft 4 and weighs 8 stone but chucks his 1000cc motorbike into the corners like it was a 125.

Jorge is favourite and rightly so at around 5/4.  He has won this race last two times.  He won the opening race of this season last time out in Qatar.  Casey Stoner hates this track and has never won since competing in MotoGP.

Little Dani however won here in 2008 and has never finished lower than 2nd since he joined big boys racing in 2006.

I'd like to propose a £25 win bet on Dani.  I'd recommend this be placed before Practice (Friday) or qualifying (Saturday) too as his price is only likely to go down as he has qualified in pole position quite a few times.

Thank you.

We'll ignore what Herbie says. We always do.

We have £25 WIN on Pedrosa with Ladbrokes ? 9/2. (Beat the price, see?). The Oddschecker quoted prices all seem wrong, or someone has just eaten all the pies.

ON

Selection9/2 - D Pedrosa

Event2012 Spanish MotoGP MotoGP

MarketRace winner
 Your bets (1) Single - D Pedrosa
1 line at £25.00 per line
Total stake for this bet: £25.00
Potential Return: £137.50
Time: 25/04/12 18:40
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000014

parker

DESPERATELY seeking rungoodaments

View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »

sorry about the utter FAIL on schumi last weekend!!

wiiiiii twin turbo'd
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: April 25, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »

Think the NBA bet last night should have been on Utah, not on total points. Without being an aftertimer, the logic was good, Utah were in form and needed to win to get to the playoffs (starting this weekend) and Phoenix had just missed the playoffs and left with nuthin to play for. Seems like they didn't try that hard and we missed the points spread. I say we...I backed Utah not the points Smiley

I like Washington at 4/5 tonight. They're the second worst team in the league, but have won 4 straight games now, and finally look to be clicking after some big trades have reshaped their team a month or so back. Cleveland have lost 5 of the last 6 and while they're at home, 5/6 is a nice price with the form of the two teams.

As an aside, I think I'll back Chicago at Indy, hoping the rumours that they will buck the trend to rest stars and will play their starters to get them some time toegther before the playoffs is true, and hope Indy do rest some, but that's a bit riskier. Might take a risk on Orlando to beat the Bobcats at 1/19 lol

I intended to do that, Jeff, but I cannot get 4/5, so I'll have to swerve it I'm afraid. Some bugger nicked all the 4/5 & I'll get too much flak if I take a bad price. Wink

Next best seems to be 8/11, not much difference I guess, but I'd prefer 4/5. I'll keep an eye on the prices during the evening, & if I see 4/5, I'll get on.

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/washington-wizards-at-cleveland-cavaliers/winner

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: April 25, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »

sorry about the utter FAIL on schumi last weekend!!

No "sorries", it happens. We were close. Ish.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: April 25, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »

A win today for Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
They needed 32 runs off the last two overs with 4 wickets left.
It looked challenging until they hit 27 off the penultimate over.

Thanks for the Update Vince.

27 in one over?

Bish bash bosh, eh?

Never have happened if Cliff Gladwin were bowling.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: April 25, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »

Will look at the Yankee stuff later, for now, tonight's menu is......

Bayern Munich to QUALIFY for the CL Final (not win tonight, just qualify, & they lead 2-1 at present). £50 @ 2.4, (War).

Hawkins to beat Selby. Currently 6-3 ahead. Tonight's session has just begun. £40 @ 7/2, (Bobby1).

If Hawkins wins, it knocks out the Trump/Selby (£10 @ 16/1) bet by Jamie.

Thats it. 

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: April 25, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »

We sure do! I'm a huge fan of it, I went off F1 many years ago, but I adore Moto GP. Know anything about it? Umm, not so much.

The good news is yes, we have a resident "expert".

The bad news is that it's Jason Herbert.  His missus even has the nick "Cadwell", for some reason associated with Cadwell Park, though I doubt much motorbike racing was involved.

I have just got home, but WILL be punting your suggestion later this evening, once I've sorted out some stuff & that.

You have been warned.

Herbie!
Just got in from taking the niece  to Rainbows (a thing girls do before Brownies).  I feel uncomfortable advising on anyones tips especially in such esteemed company so I asked the wife her opinion as her speciality is moto gp were mine is Superbikes. ( another useless fact is that Kiyonari, former British superbike champion, is the middle name of one of our sons)

She  immediately said Jorge will win this weekend as he is super confident after the opening round both in his own ability and the bike that he is riding. Only one winner for her full stop.

I pushed her a little bit more on Danni and she said although its his favourite circuit his small size and weight is not the advantage it is at other circuits. Jerez is a very twisty circuit with lots of slamming the anchors on which suits bigger stronger guys. She even pointed out in pre season testing down there that his team mate Casey was the faster of the two.

Casey suffered from arm pump in the opening round and any slight re occurance of this will mean an awfully painfull afternoon for him and to beat Jorge he needs to be 100%

I asked her about the prices (she works in a betting shop) as I thought 4/1 in a 3 horse race seemed value. She just laughed and said he has an excellent chance of being 2nd but far more chance of 3rd than first.

That's all I can really offer you other than the fact she has wanted a pair of sausage dogs for sometime  and intends to name them Valentino + Jorge. Welcome to my mad world.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: April 25, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »

Lol excellent Tikay. Hope you win the world jamming it in Catherine's eye. She works for laddies too

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: