blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 08:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  And then there was one..... A Vegas Diary
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: And then there was one..... A Vegas Diary  (Read 38068 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »

1$ credit left on here. Not been ale to find a net cafe

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] held up at customes for 30 mins
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

Will explain all of the above when I can. Weather is nice tho!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

They have internet access where you have to swipe the plastic in most hotel lobbies George.

IIRC it's around $1 per minute, a bit expensive but we're worth it Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »

If that's the case, type everything in word or note pad first, log on and c&p it in!

Pretty sure you could use the same post

1. Running good having fun
2. Running good having fun
3. Running good having fun

Gl and enjoy yourself buddy Shocked)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2010, 04:43:35 AM »

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

Can't Guy unfort- laptop is bust!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

LOL, Wadey got held up at customs when he went. I don't think they are too subtle about pulling the asian guys to one side in Vegas airport from what I understand.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

LOL, Wadey got held up at customs when he went. I don't think they are too subtle about pulling the asian guys to one side in Vegas airport from what I understand.

Did he tell you all about it?  Another bad beat story?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

Funnily enough he doesn't do it so much since he had his bink. Talk about the release of pressure eh?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »

[ ] going well
[ ] flight was good
[lX]ots of turbulence
[X] Laptop broken
[ ] Won money

Funnily enough he doesn't do it so much since he had his bink. Talk about the release of pressure eh?

I think he unloads the months worth on me every time I come up for the 300

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
wilfuljoker

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »

Bumped into George yesterday on Day 1A of #54. Over 200 tables and we are virtually next door to each other.  Only chance for a quick hello but he said his luck hadn't been great so far.  He made the first break but then I looked up and he was gone.  They very rarely move anyone as they are virtually continually breaking tables due to the carnage so I presume he went out.  Hope I'm wrong.  Was nice to meet you George and perhaps see you again on the circuit.
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2010, 08:03:19 PM »

I think he unloads the months worth on me every time I come up for the 300

Kinky!

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2010, 12:07:22 AM »

OK guys- big update. I'm typing from my  Vegas buddies John Spinks and JP's room who have room net access AND laptops which aren't broken- MBN.

Monday

The flight was pretty horrendous into Vegas- usually I sleep whenever I travel but turbulence and sitting in them middle seat in them middle isle gg'ed that. I land and queue up at immigration. I have only been to the US once before when me and the family went to Florida- the immigration officer informs me there's something up with my fingerprints so I end up waiting in the immigration office for 30 mins while everyone else leaves. I get a cab to my hotel and queue up for another 30 mins to check in. Travelling really does suck!

I snap get a cab to the rio after putting all my stuff in my room and play a 275$ 1 table satty which is a winner takes all but usually deals are done heads up. I lose a huge race 3 handed AQ vs 10 10 and effectivley bubble. Not the dream start I wanted! I play a 100$ donkament and lose when I squeeze 10 2 after a raise and two callers. I get SNAPPED by QJ and make my way back to the hotel for some sleep with a plan to play the 550$ tournament at the Venetian the next day.

Tuesday

Arrive at around 11.30 and buy in for the 550. My table is quite solid and I play a few hands early- nothing major happening until 100/200/25. Europeon oldish guy opens cut off to 550. i decide to 3 bet KQ off to 1600, my opponent flats. The flop comes K 10 3. Check check. 10 on the turn. Another check and I bet 2k he calls. A queen on the river and now he decides to lead for 4100. I sigh call and he turns over pocket queens. Nice one outer. I grind for the next two levels before squeezing sixes in the small blind for 20 bigs against a hijack open and a button call. Hijack has AQ and a Q on the turn sees me walking away from the table quite frustrated. I grind some cash at Ballys in the evening and lose another 600. I didn't play particularly well tbh- 1/2 tends to be very tight and I was probably guilty of playing too many pots.

Wednesday

First winning day on the trip- I played cash pretty much all day at the Venetian, 1/2 whilst JP and Spinks grinded 5/10. I made 750$ and played the best I have all trip. I also ran pretty well which also helps. Was nice to be getting some cards and hittng some flops. I had already bought in for the 1k tomorrow and couldn't wait for my first WSOP event!

Thursday

Get to the Rio about 11 and rail and eat some dinner whilst I'm waiting for the tourney to start. I'm feeling really good aftr the cash game yesterday. Lots of people complaining about the 3k stack but I quite like the structure. I get up to 6k at the first break. Playing really well and getting some pretty good starting hands. We come back after the break at 50/100 when the following hand occurs.

Cut off min raises to 200 and the button flats playing about 3.5k. I flat wit sixes and the big bind playing 5k now makes it 700. C/o folds, button flats so I decide to peel. Flop is 6,7,10 all spades. I lead for 1300, big blind shoves and button calls all in. Big blind has Kings with the , button as AQ with the As. Cue the spade on the river and I'm down to dust. Get it in with 10 bigs with AQ vs 99 and again I'm out of another tourney.

I played the 340$ at the venetian today. Lost with AQdd on a 10 board to 78 off when an off suit 7 hits the river. I then get it in with 20 bigs with two black kings vs two red queens. The flop is all clubs but the queen of spades on the river sums up my trip so far.

My bankroll is pretty battered right now and I'm running out of time to play the main event..... I'm going to play a super sat probably tomorrow so fingers crossed things change! On the plus side my dad and brother fly in today for a week so at least I'll have some drinks and good times with them.

next update hopefully a little sooner!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2010, 03:59:25 AM »

good report George! shame your luck wasnt as good!! good luck in the satalite!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »

Hang in there George, hopefully you'll come good soon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2010, 09:47:07 AM »

George

Nice update - and urg on the cards! I know you will be busting to play the main, but honestly if you dont you should really make the most of vegas and things it has to offer - especially the grand canyon - a 1/2 day trip is 1 buy in of 1-2 and so much more life equity!

I sincerely hope you bink a main seat

gogogooggogogogogogogoo

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »

weeeeee

Just binked a main event seat!. Playing Day 1b.....

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: